+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
Where are you miglop? Are you in downtown Toronto? If so, we can meet at a Tim Horton and have a short talk about this.

miglop2014 said:
I think that I like starting fights :D There's a CPC-Sydney, but not for CEC. The case processing center of Sydney process the applications for citizenship.

The thing that it's still not clear for some people here is that on the same building there can be CPC (Case Processing Centre) which will process applications and, at the same time, there can be CIO (Centralized Intake Office) which will just receive applications and send them elsewhere without processing them. As an example, there's a CPC in Vegreville and in Mississauga. But they don't process permanent residence applications under CEC. Actually, it looks like there's only one CIO in Canada which is the one in Sydney.

Well, all this will be easier to explain if all of us would be able to meet at Tim Horton's and talk about it with a whiteboard :D

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
yxp220 said:
Where are you miglop? Are you in downtown Toronto? If so, we can meet at a Tim Horton and have a short talk about this.
hahaha ur kidding right yxp .. u wanna meet miglop over such a silly reason.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
miglop2014 said:
I think that I like starting fights :D There's a CPC-Sydney, but not for CEC. The case processing center of Sydney process the applications for citizenship.

I see. Never knew that.

The thing that it's still not clear for some people here is that on the same building there can be CPC (Case Processing Centre) which will process applications and, at the same time, there can be CIO (Centralized Intake Office) which will just receive applications and send them elsewhere without processing them. As an example, there's a CPC in Vegreville and in Mississauga. But they don't process permanent residence applications under CEC. Actually, it looks like there's only one CIO in Canada which is the one in Sydney.

Well it gets confusing when someone over-analyzes the information given in the CIC website. Why not simply follow the checklist, right?

Well, all this will be easier to explain if all of us would be able to meet at Tim Horton's and talk about it with a whiteboard :D

Sure, you pay for my trip outside Montreal, I'll pay for the coffee and doughnuts. :p
^^^

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
Hi buddy, I'm still confused. Say I select CPC-O, then which one of the following two branches do I qualify?
* visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
* permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

The second one? Right? Then I go to either CPC-M or CIO-S. Suppose not a sponsored family member, then I go to CIO-S, and it says "all federal skilled worker applications".

I'm totally lost.

miglop2014 said:
Uuuuuh, this explains everything perfectly ;)

Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications

The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications.

CPC in Vegreville
The case processing centre in Vegreville processes:
* extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
* work and study permits
* applications for permanent residence from protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
* applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
* loans for the right of permanent residence fee

CPC in Mississauga
The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living abroad.

CPC and CIO in Sydney
The CPC in Sydney processes:
* applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
* citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)
The centralized intake office in Sydney (CIO-S) receives:
* all federal skilled worker applications

CPC in Ottawa
The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
* visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
* permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

And I think this is the end of the discussion ;)

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
yxp220 said:
Hi buddy, I'm still confused. Say I select CPC-O, then which one of the following two branches do I qualify?

The second one? Right? Then I go to either CPC-M or CIO-S. Suppose not a sponsored family member, then I go to CIO-S, and it says "all federal skilled worker applications".

I'm totally lost.
YPX ... PLS CONSULT A LAWYER .. that would be easier :p :p

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Winterfox said:
YPX ... PLS CONSULT A LAWYER .. that would be easier :p :p
Or simply call the CIC call center, if he really needs further clarification.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
yxp220 said:

I'm totally lost.
Ok, that's an error on CIC site. It should say that Sydney receives all economic class or something like that.

So, let's try to explain for the last time how this works.
1.- One day you wake up, look at the calendar and realize that you have been working in Canada for at least 12 months as a skilled worker. It's november, a bit cold, but you decide that you want to stay in Canada for some more years.
2.- You take a shower, have breakfast, have your pictures taken and fill all the forms for the CEC application.
3.- You buy an envelope (a regular one, not those with flowers or snowflakes) and put all the forms inside it (remember to sign them!).
4.- After warming your car you go to Canada Post, Fedex, UPS, Purolator, ... and send the application to SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA. Because SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA is a CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE.
5.- Your application arrives at SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA after a long trip because somebody from UPS made a mistake and sent it to Vancouver, then to Iqaluit and finally to Sydney after a small stop at Regina.
6.- Somebody from CIO Sydney receives your letter and left it on the desk. He/She is hungry and goes for a coffee.
7.- While taking a coffee, somebody else comes and start talking about yesterday's hockey game between Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
8.- That person realizes that they've been talking for almost 2 hours and have to review some application, so everybody goes back to their desks.
9.- Open the envelope and, unfortunately, cut himself/herself with the paper. So he/she had to go to the washroom to clean the blood (1 hour more goes by).
10.- It's 4pm, time to go home and relax, it's been a hard day.
11.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
12.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
13.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
75.- Repeat steps 6 to 8. This time on step 9 it's your application. The person reviews it, order somebody to charge you the fees or go to the bank with the cheque and cash it.
76.- I'm not really sure who gives you the application number. I don't know if it's somebody from Sydney or from the CPC. But the important thing is that right now your file is going somewhere else. It's going to be CPC-Ottawa if you are inside Canada or CPC-[put your country's capital name here] for the final review that will take months.

I don't know if now you'll understand everything, but at least I hope it makes you smile :)

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
;D fantastic story!

miglop2014 said:
Ok, that's an error on CIC site. It should say that Sydney receives all economic class or something like that.

So, let's try to explain for the last time how this works.
1.- One day you wake up, look at the calendar and realize that you have been working in Canada for at least 12 months as a skilled worker. It's november, a bit cold, but you decide that you want to stay in Canada for some more years.
2.- You take a shower, have breakfast, have your pictures taken and fill all the forms for the CEC application.
3.- You buy an envelope (a regular one, not those with flowers or snowflakes) and put all the forms inside it (remember to sign them!).
4.- After warming your car you go to Canada Post, Fedex, UPS, Purolator, ... and send the application to SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA. Because SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA is a CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE.
5.- Your application arrives at SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA after a long trip because somebody from UPS made a mistake and sent it to Vancouver, then to Iqaluit and finally to Sydney after a small stop at Regina.
6.- Somebody from CIO Sydney receives your letter and left it on the desk. He/She is hungry and goes for a coffee.
7.- While taking a coffee, somebody else comes and start talking about yesterday's hockey game between Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs.
8.- That person realizes that they've been talking for almost 2 hours and have to review some application, so everybody goes back to their desks.
9.- Open the envelope and, unfortunately, cut himself/herself with the paper. So he/she had to go to the washroom to clean the blood (1 hour more goes by).
10.- It's 4pm, time to go home and relax, it's been a hard day.
11.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
12.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
13.- Repeat steps 6 to 10.
75.- Repeat steps 6 to 8. This time on step 9 it's your application. The person reviews it, order somebody to charge you the fees or go to the bank with the cheque and cash it.
76.- I'm not really sure who gives you the application number. I don't know if it's somebody from Sydney or from the CPC. But the important thing is that right now your file is going somewhere else. It's going to be CPC-Ottawa if you are inside Canada or CPC-[put your country's capital name here] for the final review that will take months.

I don't know if now you'll understand everything, but at least I hope it makes you smile :)

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Its not a story .. these are all real life events ::)

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
yxp220 said:
Who will pay in Tim miglop or yxp220? :p :p

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
yxp220 said:

I'm totally lost.

There's a reason why in the Mailing Address, you need to write "Canadian Experience Class" so that they will allocate your package to the right pile.

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Canadian Experience Class
Centralized Intake Office
P.O. Box 4000
Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada