+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
yxp220 said:
I found most of you sent applications to CPC-Ottawa, but it's requested to send to Sydney on the CIC website. Am I wrong?
Sydney is a CIO = Centralized Intake Office
Ottawa is a CPC = Case Processing Centre

Sydney will receive your application and they'll send it to wherever you ask it to be processed. Sydney it's not a CPC for Permanent Residence in the Economic Classes.

With this, what I mean, is that everybody sent the application to Sydney. So we don't really care where you sent it... the important information is the processing centre you chose to process your application.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
miglop2014 said:

Sydney will receive your application and they'll send it to wherever you ask it to be processed. Sydney it's not a CPC for Permanent Residence in the Economic Classes.

With this, what I mean, is that everybody sent the application to Sydney. So we don't really care where you sent it... the important information is the processing centre you chose to process your application.
correct +1 for you

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
I'm totally confused. The only instruction of these offices I can get is through the CIC website. I copied the information here for your reference:

The CPC in Sydney processes:
applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)

The centralized intake office in Sydney (CIO-S) receives:
all federal skilled worker applications

The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S[/i]

Apparently, there's nothing wrong if you submit to CPC-Sydney according to the above instruction. Please note the bold words above. CIO-S only takes charge of Federal Skilled Worker Applications, which I assume most of the people here are not qualified. Then your application needs to be pre-screened by CPC-M. However, if you look for CPC-M on CIC website, here is the instruction:

"The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living abroad."

So, my understanding is most of the people here submitted to CPC-Ottawa are sponsoring family member type, and have been pre-screened. If not, then there're two possibilities. The first one is, as what I've said, you submitted to a wrong place. The second one is there's something wrong with the CIC website.

miglop2014 said:

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
yxp220 said:
I'm totally confused. The only instruction of these offices I can get is through the CIC website. I copied the information here for your reference:

visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S[/i]

Apparently, there's nothing wrong if you submit to CPC-Sydney according to the above instruction. Please note the bold words above. CIO-S only takes charge of Federal Skilled Worker Applications, which I assume most of the people here are not qualified. Then your application needs to be pre-screened by CPC-M. However, if you look for CPC-M on CIC website, here is the instruction:

"The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living abroad."

So, my understanding is most of the people here submitted to CPC-Ottawa are sponsoring family member type. If not, then there're two possibilities. The first one is, as what I've said, you submitted to a wrong place. The second one is there's something wrong with the CIC website.
Exactly, what are you trying to understand? I see it very clear. You send the application to Sydney but you request to be processed by Ottawa. There's nothing else you need to know about this.

BTW: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp

Centralized Intake Office – Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Federal Skilled Trades (FSTC)
P.O. BOX 8600
Sydney, NS B1P 0G1
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
P.O. BOX 1450
Sydney, NS B1P 6K5
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
P.O. BOX 8500
Sydney, NS B1P 0C4
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
P.O. BOX 4000
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
P.O. BOX 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
P.O. BOX 8700
Sydney, NS B1P 0G2
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
P.O. Box 7200
Sydney, NS B1P 0E9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
P.O. Box 7100
Sydney, NS B1P 0E8
Canada

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
But if you look at the instruction of CPC-Ottawa, there's nothing information that says they accept CEC applications directly. The CIC website says CPC-Ottawa only accepts pre-screened applications.

BTW, I don't know if my application is gonna be processed by CPC-Ottawa or not, but as per the CIC website, it should be correct to submit to CPC-Sydney.

miglop2014 said:
Exactly, what are you trying to understand? I see it very clear. You send the application to Sydney but you request to be processed by Ottawa. There's nothing else you need to know about this.

Centralized Intake Office – Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Federal Skilled Trades (FSTC)
P.O. BOX 8600
Sydney, NS B1P 0G1
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
P.O. BOX 1450
Sydney, NS B1P 6K5
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
P.O. BOX 8500
Sydney, NS B1P 0C4
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
P.O. BOX 4000
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
P.O. BOX 8888
Sydney, NS B1P 0C9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
P.O. BOX 8700
Sydney, NS B1P 0G2
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
P.O. Box 7200
Sydney, NS B1P 0E9
Canada

Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
P.O. Box 7100
Sydney, NS B1P 0E8
Canada

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
yxp220 said:
But if you look at the instruction of CPC-Ottawa, there's nothing information that says they accept CEC applications directly. The CIC website says CPC-Ottawa only accepts pre-screened applications.

BTW, I don't know if my application is gonna be processed by CPC-Ottawa or not, but as per the CIC website, it should be correct to submit to CPC-Sydney.
I think this is enough... send it to Sydney and write Ottawa as the case processing center or do whatever you want.

<ironic mode on>
Apparently all of us who applied this year and fill the spreadsheets are wrong.
<ironic mode off>

Good luck!

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
yxp220 said:

So, my understanding is most of the people here submitted to CPC-Ottawa are sponsoring family member type, and have been pre-screened. If not, then there're two possibilities. The first one is, as what I've said, you submitted to a wrong place. The second one is there's something wrong with the CIC website.
Man, don't over think this one: just send to Sydney. They are the ones that pre-screens and sends to Ottawa, or wherever it will be processed.
It's even correct to leave the item blank for the "Office requested" field if you are in Canada.

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
I personally submitted to CPC-Sydney, and selected CPC-Sydney as the "Immigration office requested for processing this application" of IMM0008. I'm not meant to say you're wrong, but just wanna clarify it.

miglop2014 said:
I think this is enough... send it to Sydney and write Ottawa as the case processing center or do whatever you want.

<ironic mode on>
Apparently all of us who applied this year and fill the spreadsheets are wrong.
<ironic mode off>

Good luck!

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
yxp220 said:

YXP dont complicate the scene you'll be the only 1 putting processing office as CPP-Sydney. And this is whats going to happen
1) Either a good first level application check person will change it to CPP-Ottawa
2) A lazy check person will send the application back to you saying incomplete OR
3) A not so well informed check person will see you history and screen to check whcih country you belong to and then put CPP-(your original country) in this case u will have to leave canada and go to ur country incase they call u for an interview and all that jazz.
So good luck

mmss

May 24, 2012
yxp220 said:
I personally submitted to CPC-Sydney, and selected CPC-Sydney as the "Immigration office requested for processing this application" of IMM0008. I'm not meant to say you're wrong, but just wanna clarify it.
I also selected CPC-Sydney in the IMM0008 and my credit card was charged a few days ago. So, it's probably ok.

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
yxp220 said:
My friend, I don't think there is anything called CPC-Sydney!
You sent your application to CIO-Sydney and that's alright. As Winterfox pointed out, they will correct it to CPC-Ottawa if you are residing in Canada. It's a common mistake - I wouldn't worry too much.

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi All,

If your CC charged its means they process your application if something wrong then they send back your application with Doc.

Sending Application to Sydney and they charged CC its mean they know you applied for immigration and where it should go.

Just wait for AOR case number so we can better judge. :)

yxp220

Nov 17, 2014
Thank you! Anyway, the CIC website is so confusing! It says that CPP-O only accepts pre-screened applications by CIO-S. But if you go to CIO-S, it says they only accept federal skilled worker applications. What a ridiculous instruction!

zareef said:
You sent your application to CIO-Sydney and that's alright. As Winterfox pointed out, they will correct it to CPC-Ottawa if you are residing in Canada. It's a common mistake - I wouldn't worry too much.

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
zareef said:
I think that I like starting fights :D There's a CPC-Sydney, but not for CEC. The case processing center of Sydney process the applications for citizenship.

The thing that it's still not clear for some people here is that on the same building there can be CPC (Case Processing Centre) which will process applications and, at the same time, there can be CIO (Centralized Intake Office) which will just receive applications and send them elsewhere without processing them. As an example, there's a CPC in Vegreville and in Mississauga. But they don't process permanent residence applications under CEC. Actually, it looks like there's only one CIO in Canada which is the one in Sydney.

Well, all this will be easier to explain if all of us would be able to meet at Tim Horton's and talk about it with a whiteboard :D

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Uuuuuh, this explains everything perfectly ;) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

Offices inside Canada
Offices that process applications

The case processing centres (CPCs), the centralized intake office (CIO), and the Operations Support Centre (OSC) receive and process citizenship or immigration applications.

CPC in Vegreville
The case processing centre in Vegreville processes:
* extensions for temporary resident status and temporary resident permits
* work and study permits
* applications for permanent residence from protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
* applications for permanent residence for live-in caregivers
* loans for the right of permanent residence fee

CPC in Mississauga
The case processing centre in Mississauga processes applications to sponsor family members living abroad.

CPC and CIO in Sydney
* applications for permanent resident cards (new and renewals)
* citizenship applications (new, renouncing, revoking and resuming)
* all federal skilled worker applications

CPC in Ottawa
* visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only)
* permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada after they have been pre-screened by CPC-M or CIO-S

And I think this is the end of the discussion ;)