+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
butang2013 said:
I did. My friend as well received the approval letter from CIC same date as mine.
This got my hopes up for my BOWP application on Dec 1st. :) I need my BOWP approved and hopefully in the mail by Dec 27th. :)
Cuz that's when I'll be leaving for a trip to the US.

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
Hey guys got my receipt numbrr so is this the so called file number and now can I apply for bowp.and if yes then how do I apply and how much does it cost.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mimmi said:
Hey guys got my receipt numbrr so is this the so called file number and now can I apply for bowp.and if yes then how do I apply and how much does it cost.
Use the search function. There's answers to your questions all over the place. The receipt number is not the file number. To apply for a BOWP you got to cic.gc.ca and answer the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire, which will take you to the application forms. It's $150.

Mimmi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2013
iam_toby said:
Use the search function. There's answers to your questions all over the place. The receipt number is not the file number. To apply for a BOWP you got to cic.gc.ca and answer the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire, which will take you to the application forms. It's $150.
so how and when do I get the file number iam really tensed as its been 4 Months no response.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Mimmi said:
so how and when do I get the file number iam really tensed as its been 4 Months no response.
I answered that question a few times already. Call the CIC hotline, and speak to one of the agents. Tell them you applied and when you applied, tell them that you never received the AOR, but you can login to ECAS and that for the BOWP application you need your
filenumber. They should be able to help you out.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
One September applicants application got rejected. This was after receiving the AOR and the
email came from CIO. So it looks like CIO does eligibility checks and not only completion checks of
applications.

More information here:

>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-under-cec-t174281.0.html

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Toby i don't see the applicants who got their application returned/rejected on the spreadsheet.

We could open another tab, and keep them on that tab. Because we will be able to see how long it takes to get your file returned or rejected. Since CIC is acting really strange these days, as leothelion123 got rejected after 14 days of receiving AOR.

This will also help future applicants.

goliath

Nov 26, 2013
Hi everyone! I am new in this site..im just wondering
About my cec application that i sent last september..
My ecperience was 10 months supervisor and 7 months cook , do u think i get a problem with my application because
They are not the same job position? Thank u

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
goliath said:
Hi everyone! I am new in this site..im just wondering
About my cec application that i sent last september..
My ecperience was 10 months supervisor and 7 months cook , do u think i get a problem with my application because
They are not the same job position? Thank u
As long as both of your jobs falls under NOC 0/a/b - you are fine.
As long as you have provided valid reference letters for both jobs - you are fine.

etc etc.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iamroth said:
As long as both of your jobs falls under NOC 0/a/b - you are fine.
As long as you have provided valid reference letters for both jobs - you are fine.

etc etc.
Did u realize he/her said cook, cooks are not under CEC any more..isnt it

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
gladaki said:
Did u realize he/her said cook, cooks are not under CEC any more..isnt it
Yah, but he applied on September.

That is why I didn't mention about the 'cook'. Otherwise he will start panicking and will open threads like "Am I eligible?"

:)

To goliath, People applied after November 9th (or on) as Cook and 5 other NOC - are going to get their application returned, because Cooks are not accepted as a valid NOC for CEC anymore

But since you applied on September, you are good to go. You received the AOR (file number) by now, I presume.

goliath

Nov 26, 2013
;) thank u guys. It always give me anxiety everytime i think about my application..i dont get my AOR yet..thats why i am worried