Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
iam_toby said:
Email CPC-O using the instruction in this post
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

And to remove your lawyer as your representative, you will have to fill out form IMM5476 and remove your current
representative from your application.
Thanks Toby!

Do you know how much time does it take for them to reflect it on my file?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Iwanttoimmigrate said:
Thanks Toby!

Do you know how much time does it take for them to reflect it on my file?
No, I have no idea. Email them and ask to change the contact email address and in the same
email ask to remove the representative and attach a scan of the form you filled out.
Sometimes they acknowledge the receipt of documents, sometimes they dont. Give it a week or two and
then request GCMS notes, the changes should reflect in the notes.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jalex23 said:
One week more or one week less... who cares in a 12 month wait? Just forget about the whole process, time flies if you simply don't pay attention. The documents will arrive, the process will keep moving and everything will go just fine. Relax. ;)
Thanks for your consolation, I got my RCMP certificate in exactly 10 working days time. Sent it to CIC by priority mail which should hopefully get delivered on tuesday, should I email them the soft copy as well?

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
ritz0106 said:
Thanks for your consolation, I got my RCMP certificate in exactly 10 working days time. Sent it to CIC by priority mail which should hopefully get delivered on tuesday, should I email them the soft copy as well?
Not necessary, but keep the copies and delivery confirmation from Canada Post in case that you need to follow up with cic.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hi all. I'm late to the party, but I just filled out Toby's info sheet. I just wanted to introduce myself and say good luck to all the other applicants!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tropicflite said:
Hi all. I'm late to the party, but I just filled out Toby's info sheet. I just wanted to introduce myself and say good luck to all the other applicants!
Better late than never, welcome aboard! 8)
Added you to the spreadsheet.

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello toby can you advice on bowp please? is 4 months to apply for bowp a hard and fast rule..what in case a temporary worker gets laid of say somewhere in june july? even though he has a closed work permit and trv until 2015 jan? can one apply for bowp explaining the case? if yes what are the chances of approval? please advice thanks in advance

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
iam_toby said:
Better late than never, welcome aboard! 8)
Added you to the spreadsheet.
Thanks Toby. I looked over the spreadsheet. Can it be that I'm the only one immigrating from the US? That's surprising to me.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
ritz0106 said:
hello toby can you advice on bowp please? is 4 months to apply for bowp a hard and fast rule..what in case a temporary worker gets laid of say somewhere in june july? even though he has a closed work permit and trv until 2015 jan? can one apply for bowp explaining the case? if yes what are the chances of approval? please advice thanks in advance
if you have a valid work permit till Jan 2015, you can apply for BOWP anywhere around September this year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

I have question though, if hold a closed WP and get laid off in June/July - is your WP still valid till Jan 2015?

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is a good question can anyone advice? if one has a closed work permit until a future date and he gets laid off in between will the closed wp hold valid is the question. thanks in advance

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
What I found out from reading is, BOWP is a ''copy'' of your current WP. So currently if you have a closed permit, the new WP will issued to you restricted to the employer outlined in the LMO.

But it also says "....WP applications...that make no mention of requesting an “open” WP should be processed based on the services being requested".
I am not sure what does "requesting an open WP" means. Can you just request your WP to be open?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

I think you should call CIC and get an answer. Call 4/5 times, different times of day - talk to different people. That may shed some light.

Comanche

Sep 10, 2013
iamroth said:
What I found out from reading is, BOWP is a ''copy'' of your current WP. So currently if you have a closed permit, the new WP will issued to you restricted to the employer outlined in the LMO.

---- I don't understand what gave you that idea. A BOWP is NOT A COPY of your current WP. A BOWP is an open work permit and will not have any restrictions as to which employer you can work for or which province you can work in. An LMO is NOT required for applying for a BOWP and there is no link between the BOWP being issued and the previous WP (doesn't matter if the previous WP was closed or applied with an LMO or open).

But it also says "....WP applications...that make no mention of requesting an “open” WP should be processed based on the services being requested".
I am not sure what does "requesting an open WP" means. Can you just request your WP to be open?

---- This means that unless you mention in your application that you are applying for an 'open' WP, the application would be processed as a normal closed WP extension similar to the previous WP that you were working on. You need to mention you are applying for an open work permit in your covering letter and check the appropriate checkbox in your application form.

I think you should call CIC and get an answer. Call 4/5 times, different times of day - talk to different people. That may shed some light.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
[quote author=Comanche]
I don't understand what gave you that idea. A BOWP is NOT A COPY of your current WP. A BOWP is an open work permit and will not have any restrictions as to which employer you can work for or which province you can work in. An LMO is NOT required for applying for a BOWP and there is no link between the BOWP being issued and the previous WP (doesn't matter if the previous WP was closed or applied with an LMO or open).
[/quote]

I never said an LMO is required for BOWP. I simply stated if you don't ask it to be an OPEN permit, it is going to carry over and be a COPY of the current permit. Then I asked "how do u ask it be open? automatically or manually?"

Anyways the issue was ritz0106 may get laid off in July 2014, even though he has his Closed WP till Jan 2015. So Can he still apply for BOWP, even though he would be unemployed?.

rimplek

Nov 19, 2013
hi guys, I applied in september 2013 and send my rcmp for my home country along with it(june 2013). but dint send rcmp for canada. recently received an email from cic asking RCMP. and have sent toronto's rcmp.
now i am wandering should i send a new indian RCMP also?
Thank you

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
rimplek said:
hi guys, I applied in september 2013 and send my rcmp for my home country along with it(june 2013). but dint send rcmp for canada. recently received and email from cic asking RCMP. and have sent toronto's rcmp.
now i am wandering should i send a renew indian RCMP also?
Thank you
RCMP check is the check from Canadian government. PCC (Police clearance certificate) is from India.

RCMP is not needed for everyone. Some times they ask applicants, it is just an easy step.

At first, you did not include RCMP for Canada because it was not needed.

But now you do, cause CIC asked you too.

Tell us the dates, of everything. Like when you received the PCC from India initially, when did you receive the RCMP check for Canada. You don't have to send out PCC for India again (unless CIC requests it from you).

Reply to this post, with these info:
NOC:
Date application received at CIO:
Date AOR (file number) received:
ECAS status: