+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

Comanche

Sep 10, 2013
iamroth said:
I never said an LMO is required for BOWP. I simply stated if you don't ask it to be an OPEN permit, it is going to carry over and be a COPY of the current permit. Then I asked "how do u ask it be open? automatically or manually?"

---- Mention its an application for an Open WP in your covering letter and in the IMM form that you need to fill up while applying

Anyways the issue was ritz0106 may get laid off in July 2014, even though he has his Closed WP till Jan 2015. So Can he still apply for BOWP, even though he would be unemployed?.

---- As per the BOWP rules, he can't apply until Sept 2014 (4 months prior to expiry of current WP). Had i been in that situation, I'd give it a shot and apply for BOWP explaining the situation in the covering letter. If it doesn't work out, I'd wait till September and apply :). But yeah he'd have to be unemployed :(

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Folks. Life is full of catch 22s, will play the 150 buck gamble in a couple of weeks, will keep you posted.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tropicflite said:
Thanks Toby. I looked over the spreadsheet. Can it be that I'm the only one immigrating from the US? That's surprising to me.
Don't think so. But you're the only member of this forum, who applied in September and submitted application details :)
There's tons of other immigration streams as well; I'm pretty sure there's gotta more US applicants lol

ritz0106

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cppo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamroth said:
RCMP check is the check from Canadian government. PCC (Police clearance certificate) is from India.

RCMP is not needed for everyone. Some times they ask applicants, it is just an easy step.

At first, you did not include RCMP for Canada because it was not needed.

But now you do, cause CIC asked you too.

Tell us the dates, of everything. Like when you received the PCC from India initially, when did you receive the RCMP check for Canada. You don't have to send out PCC for India again (unless CIC requests it from you).

Reply to this post, with these info:
NOC: 2174
Date application received at CIO: 9th Sep 13
Date AOR (file number) received: 4th Nov 13
ECAS status: Application Received

pgrewal

Feb 17, 2014
Hey guys, I applied PR in September (first week) and got my File number on 31st October. How soon would I getting my medical request?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
pgrewal said:
Hey guys, I applied PR in September (first week) and got my File number on 31st October. How soon would I getting my medical request?
As per current trend, as early as mid-end April.

pgrewal

Feb 17, 2014
One of my friends PR application got rejected and I have heard they are rejecting most of the files which are under accounting NOC codes? Is that true? Sorry I'm too scared so just wanted to clear out.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
pgrewal said:
One of my friends PR application got rejected and I have heard they are rejecting most of the files which are under accounting NOC codes? Is that true? Sorry I'm too scared so just wanted to clear out.
If your friend's application got rejected, you will have to look for the reason. If you made the same mistake,
then chances are yours will be rejected too. If you haven't made mistakes in your application, you're fine.
CIC is not rejecting applications based on NOC codes, but some NOC codes are not eligible anymore.

Refer to the CIC website for further information and ineligible NOCs