+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Priority said:
Yes, I have already received Aor in early July.
I see, well I guess than all you can do is wait. :) Did you mail your
latest test results? Or only sent an email asking if they accept new results?

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
iam_toby said:
I see, well I guess than all you can do is wait. :) Did you mail your
latest test results? Or only sent an email asking if they accept new results?
I attached on the email I sent both test online test results. however, for the new test I have not got yet the official results that come in the sealed envelop. I should get the mail within a couple of days.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Priority said:
I attached on the email I sent both test online test results. however, for the new test I have not got yet the official results that come in the sealed envelop. I should get the mail within a couple of days.
Makes sense. Oh well, all the best man!! Keep us posted.

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
iam_toby said:
Makes sense. Oh well, all the best man!! Keep us posted.
Sure, will do.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Could anyone please try the update form in my signature? :) This form will be used to
input and update application details in the September spreadsheet.

Fkhan

Aug 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I have a complex scenario and few questions before I apply this week,

I completed one full year of experience at NOC A category on work permit restricted to that employer only (expiring in March 2015), I got laid off in mid of March 2013.

Then I went on EI (currently as well).

My wife is with me since June 2012 on visitor record visa linked with my work permit. During the year I have become father and my baby got citizenship automatically.

I think its difficult to find an employer who will go through with the hassle of LMO process and all, I got three job offers but cant work legally during this time.

so here is what I am doing and questions are;

1- Whether me or my wife are living legally in canada, do we have to leave the country as I am not with that employer?
2- Receiving EI benefits may hit negatively my PR application?
3- Once my application is accepted I will go for BoWP and can work, which is easier process I think then typical LMO, Can I ? Its nowhere close to 4 months of expiry date?????

Can any one have similar experience or closer to this.

Please advise whether my strategy / approach seems fine...

Thanks
Fkhan

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I'm going to help you as good as I can here. See my comments in red below.

Fkhan said:
Hi All

I have a complex scenario and few questions before I apply this week,

I completed one full year of experience at NOC A category on work permit restricted to that employer only (expiring in March 2015), I got laid off in mid of March 2013.

Then I went on EI (currently as well).

My wife is with me since June 2012 on visitor record visa linked with my work permit. During the year I have become father and my baby got citizenship automatically.

I think its difficult to find an employer who will go through with the hassle of LMO process and all, I got three job offers but cant work legally during this time.

so here is what I am doing and questions are;

1- Whether me or my wife are living legally in canada, do we have to leave the country as I am not with that employer?
No, you don't have to leave and your employer can't make you leave ( even if he tells you he can ). You can stay legally
as long as your work permit is valid for. You just can't work for any other employer than the one mentioned on your work permit.

2- Receiving EI benefits may hit negatively my PR application?
Absolutely not! CIC will assess your application based on the information you provide about your employment and
the 12 months of experience, not your current situation. Just make sure you check other eligibility requirements for CEC class here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

3- Once my application is accepted I will go for BoWP and can work, which is easier process I think then typical LMO, Can I ? Its nowhere close to 4 months of expiry date?????
There are cases where individuals got BOWPs approved even when the old WP was still valid for more than 4 months. When you submit
your PR application and receive the AOR you can just give it a shot. Make sure you attach a cover letter explaining your situation, that
your employer laid your off and you cant work for any other employer but have to support your living. Or something like this.
More information about BOWP here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

Can any one have similar experience or closer to this.

Please advise whether my strategy / approach seems fine...

Thanks
Fkhan
Hope this helps.

Fkhan

Aug 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Toby, that was very useful reply and info.

will update the forum whatever results come.

Thanks

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Questions :
My last day of work was march 7. So few questions based on it.

Schedule 8 what will be current occupation as I am unemployed right now

Background declaration
What should be current status in personal history

All references letters are old and dated from the day I left the company. will that be ok ?

My birth certificate was in hindi but i got it translated it in English from a licensed interpreter. So Am i suppose to notarized the one in hindi.

I am expecting my rejection soon and will be probably one of september applicant, will appreciate your reply ?

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
gladaki said:
Questions :

Background declaration

All references letters are old and dated from the day I left the company. will that be ok ?

My birth certificate was in hindi but i got it translated it in English from a licensed interpreter. So Am i suppose to notarized the one in hindi.

I am expecting my rejection soon and will be probably one of september applicant, will appreciate your reply ?
Based on the questions you asking, I assume that you are currently unemployed and in living lawfully in Canada.
If that’s the case then I think you have nothing be worried.
In fact, the applicants who are eligible but are currently living overseas are not required to provide their current employment status in imm0008_8e.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Priority said:
Based on the questions you asking, I assume that you are currently unemployed and in living lawfully in Canada.
If that's the case then I think you have nothing be worried.
In fact, the applicants who are eligible but are currently living overseas are not required to provide their current employment status in imm0008_8e.
Thanks. I was talking about background declaration form. where it clearly mention you need to give your personal history

Priority

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
05-11-2013
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
gladaki said:
Thanks. I was talking about background declaration form. where it clearly mention you need to give your personal history
Sorry for the confusion. But I guess, if you were unemployed just put "unemplyed". I do not see that to be a problem. More senior members can shed light on this issue.
Good luck.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gladaki said:
Questions :

Schedule 8 has no current occupation field. If you don't have a job right now, by the time you apple you simply put all past skilled work experience, the whole 12 months or more.

Background declaration

Background declaration you simply provide all information from the last 10 years or since the
age of 18, and in case your currently unemployed, you put that in. from the day you quit/left your job
until today, unemployed. Status in canada is still worker if you have a work permit or visitor if you're
on a visitor visa right now.

As long as the reference letters provide information about 12 months of full-time employment, and are dated
AFTER you gained the 12 months, then that's absolutely fine.
Example:
You started working Jan 1, 2012. You reference letter has to be dated on or after Jan 1, 2013.

Documents not in English/French need to be send along with a certified true copy and a certified true translation.
See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp#5609E4 @ Certified True Copies

See comments above. Hope this helps.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Priority said:
Sorry for the confusion. But I guess, if you were unemployed just put "unemplyed". I do not see that to be a problem. More senior members can shed light on this issue.
Good luck.
Correct. In the background declaration form you have to provide all information and make sure to don't
leave any gaps in time. If you were unemployed, put 'unemployed' in the field. If you were working, put 'working' in the
field ( and I also provided information, like job title and stuff ).