+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
A question regarding document check list-point no 10 - work experience in Canada

Check list states that up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers for the past 3 years.

I have one year experience in Canada and total 2.4 years experience with the same company including the one year in Canada.

So can I get one letter from my employer stating my total experience with the company and providing specific details about the one year experience (main duties as per NOC and the no of hours) or do I need two letters from my employer?

I will attach my past company's experience letter along with the above to meet the 3 year requirement. My past company is refusing to give a letter with the no of working hours on it. The current experience letter that I have from them (2 years old) states the dates and my designation. Will that suffice?

Thanks
One letter per employer should be sufficient.

So can I get one letter from my employer stating my total experience with the company and providing specific details about the one year experience (main duties as per NOC and the no of hours) or do I need two letters from my employer?
Yes, one letter and details about positions you've held and duties and stuff.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Thanks. Hope it is ok if no of working hours are not mentioned in my past employer's letter since it is not Canada based experience anyway.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Toronto2013 said:
Thanks. Hope it is ok if no of working hours are not mentioned in my past employer's letter since it is not Canada based experience anyway.
Non-Canadian experience can't be counted towards CEC experience anyway, so that should not matter.
But make sure it clearly states that this part of your employment was outside of Canada. We don't want
to confuse the VO, do we?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iam_toby said:
Non-Canadian experience can't be counted towards CEC experience anyway, so that should not matter.
But make sure it clearly states that this part of your employment was outside of Canada. We don't want
to confuse the VO, do we?
My application package is almost prepared...just missing pcc which i can submit later..right now i AM WAITING for them to reject my application soon

Jun 12, 2013
Hi Thanks for replying. Also SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION TRAVELS forms says - List all trips made.
What about us? We just came here from our home country. so shall we chech did not travel or what?

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
As mentioned in this form "Trips have been taken outside your country of origin or of residence".
So in that case you check "did not travel"
jimmyrahularora said:
Hi Thanks for replying. Also SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION TRAVELS forms says - List all trips made.
What about us? We just came here from our home country. so shall we chech did not travel or what?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gladaki said:
My application package is almost prepared...just missing pcc which i can submit later..right now i AM WAITING for them to reject my application soon
Same here. Waiting until I can submit my application beginning of Sept.

Ningja

Aug 14, 2013
Hi! I am sending my application first week of September. It would be my 12th month full time job on August 16. I have one document pending which is the letter from the company stating the hours, salary and job description. NOC code is 6242. Will post whatever i would encounter during the process. Thanks for this thread and goodluck to everyone ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Ningja said:
Hi! I am sending my application first week of September. It would be my 12th month full time job on August 16. I have one document pending which is the letter from the company stating the hours, salary and job description. NOC code is 6242. Will post whatever i would encounter during the process. Thanks for this thread and goodluck to everyone ;)
Ya that's perfect. You'll have like a 2-3 weeks buffer by the time you apply, just in case you miscalculated or
anything.

Jun 12, 2013
Hi iam_toby. Thanks for you guys reply. I will be applying hopefully in the first week of September aswell.
I was going through threads and I saw your reference letter. Now, why you got is signed from HRSDC or you have to send it to them because I got mine signed from owner/manager. Is that fine?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jimmyrahularora said:
Hi iam_toby. Thanks for you guys reply. I will be applying hopefully in the first week of September aswell.
I was going through threads and I saw your reference letter. Now, why you got is signed from HRSDC or you have to send it to them because I got mine signed from owner/manager. Is that fine?
Your reference letter HAS to be signed by your supervisor/owner/manager. NOT hrsdc. People only
email duties to hrsdc to cross-match with the NOC they want to apply for.
That's all there is to know.

So if your reference letter is signed by your owner/manager, you're all set. You don't need anything from hrsdc.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
jimmyrahularora said:
Thanks for quick reply. I will keep updating.
Don't mention it. Once September comes, we'll have a spreadsheet for Sept applications to keep track
of applications and stuff...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I created the spreadsheet for September applications.
What I did to keep it as simple as possible is that my spreadsheet is a view-only spreadsheet. So you can't actually change/edit it.
All updates you are going to send thru a form I created.
Here's the link to the form ( username and noc are mandatory in case we have similar usernames ):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11QxZSH_9i1d1SV74snzbZbiGbHpwZRrMLQvbtHoJ8cU/viewform

All other fields you can fill in whatever is applicable.
Here the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE&usp=sharing

I will update the spreadsheet whenever someone submits a new application or changes via the form.
Upon completion of the survey you will be provided with a link to edit your survey. Save
this link to update your status later on or if you lose it submit a new survey when your application status changes.

I also put the two links in my forum signature so it's easier for you guys to find and access both the spreadsheet and the form.

Cheers.