+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012 Applications

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECAS status changed today to in-process, but haven't received any mail for MR or RPRF. I am 11 Sep 2012 applicant

I am so thrilled, not sure what will happen next? :'( :eek:

sarath s

Oct 21, 2012
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 September 2012
Doc's Request.
16 September 2013 (RCMP Request)
AOR Received.
30 October 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
RCMP@Biodata on 27th Medicals on 28th February 2014
Med's Done....
03 March 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
Congrats for all the Septemberis who got the medical request.
Its getting closer..Waiting for THE mail from CIC for Medicals..

HKT

Mar 13, 2013
@ ConfuseApplicant: yes, passport will be required when you do medical, i dont have the reply function for my inbox.

Out of curosity, does anyone know what happens after passport in sent in? like will they email you to tell you that they are sending back your passport or? also, how long does it take after you send your passport in? it is kinda creepy cause i guess i'm an alien now until my passport comes back? lol no official identification

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Well basically you keep your fingers crossed and wait. They don't acknowledge receipt of passport by email (or by any other means). Therefore the only time you'll know that they have processed your passport is when they activate the tracker on the return Canada Post prepaid envelope (given that you've provided them with one) or when you actually receive your passport back. The processing time varies, but I believe it can take from two weeks to a month.

I know that it can be very tense and unnerving - I'm exactly on the same boat as you are in. I sent my passport yesterday (to the PO Box address by Xpresspost) and from the Canada Post tracking I can see that it was delivered this morning (and signed by some bloke called Dave Turpin, even though I did not ask for signature on receipt). Living in a foreign country without your passport indeed feels wierd. I guess we just have to be patient now and hope for the best.

By the way - which address did you send your passport to (the PO Box or the courier address)?

HKT said:
@ ConfuseApplicant: yes, passport will be required when you do medical, i dont have the reply function for my inbox.

Out of curosity, does anyone know what happens after passport in sent in? like will they email you to tell you that they are sending back your passport or? also, how long does it take after you send your passport in? it is kinda creepy cause i guess i'm an alien now until my passport comes back? lol no official identification

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
HKT said:

thanks ... I dont have my passport with me now and will get like in 2 weeks times.. so getting medical for me now wont be any helpful

yosemite

Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2012
AOR Received.
November 13, 2012
Med's Request
March 29, 2013, RPRF and BIODATA request - April 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 8, 2013 Recd by CPP-O on April 22, 2013, Ecas updated to meds recd on April 30, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14, 2013 ( Ecas showed DM on May 5, 2013),PP reached CPPO on May 17 and returned on June 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 3, 2013
LANDED..........
June 22, 2013
ConfuseApplicant said:
thanks ... I dont have my passport with me now and will get like in 2 weeks times.. so getting medical for me now wont be any helpful
Confuse applicant,

You can use your Canadian drivers license as ID proof instead of the passport for doing medicals.

HKT

Mar 13, 2013
swahid said:
Well basically you keep your fingers crossed and wait. They don't acknowledge receipt of passport by email (or by any other means). Therefore the only time you'll know that they have processed your passport is when they activate the tracker on the return Canada Post prepaid envelope (given that you've provided them with one) or when you actually receive your passport back. The processing time varies, but I believe it can take from two weeks to a month.

I know that it can be very tense and unnerving - I'm exactly on the same boat as you are in. I sent my passport yesterday (to the PO Box address by Xpresspost) and from the Canada Post tracking I can see that it was delivered this morning (and signed by some bloke called Dave Turpin, even though I did not ask for signature on receipt). Living in a foreign country without your passport indeed feels wierd. I guess we just have to be patient now and hope for the best.

By the way - which address did you send your passport to (the PO Box or the courier address)?
ah, thanks for the answer, i send it to the other one. Well, base on the definition of courier on wikipedia, 'Couriers are distinguished from ordinary mail services by features such as speed, security, tracking, signature, specialization and individualization of express services, and swift delivery times, which are optional for most everyday mail services.' and also i asked that lady at the counter, she said xpresspost is a type of courier with canada post. Out of curiosity, on the return envelope, all we need is to write the return address right? we dont need to scan it with the post office or anything else right? cause i wrote my info on it, folded the envelope and sent it out.

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
All you need is to label the return envelope with your address and note down the tracking number; nothing else is required.

Good luck! Keep us posted as to when you receive the passport back.

HKT said:
ah, thanks for the answer, i send it to the other one. Well, base on the definition of courier on wikipedia, 'Couriers are distinguished from ordinary mail services by features such as speed, security, tracking, signature, specialization and individualization of express services, and swift delivery times, which are optional for most everyday mail services.' and also i asked that lady at the counter, she said xpresspost is a type of courier with canada post. Out of curiosity, on the return envelope, all we need is to write the return address right? we dont need to scan it with the post office or anything else right? cause i wrote my info on it, folded the envelope and sent it out.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Hi
Swahid
can you kindly share your email for passport request if you dont mind.just want to see what kind of photograph's they are asking for?

JayN

Sep 16, 2012
Hi all,

I still haven't received my medical request yet. Just want to confirm, do they send the request out by email or mail?

Thanks a lot!

swahid

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Sent you a message.

alexpritie said:
Hi
Swahid
can you kindly share your email for passport request if you dont mind.just want to see what kind of photograph's they are asking for?