+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
End of June??!!! That would be 130+ days processing time in your case. With the current processing time they should mail yours beginning of June, so it seems like they are expecting more delays??? Oh man! I can't move my June 7th trip. This is so frustrating!!!
I cant really afford to move mine, work and everything has been booked off. Its really frustrating id be losing out on money and just a huge stressful experience. They added more days so it put my application further back on top of mailing time

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
I cant really afford to move mine, work and everything has been booked off. Its really frustrating id be losing out on money and just a huge stressful experience. They added more days so it put my application further back on top of mailing time
I'm in the same boat, work booked off, promises made, lol. Except that I have another hurdle to overcome and that is to apply for a visa for a trip that takes place in July. And that takes another 15 to 20 days. I'm a goner.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Just an update. I got off the phone with IRCC, the agent confirmed that my card had been approved, and he also mentioned that it was "sent to production" yesterday. He said that he believes that it should be mailed to me beginning of next week. Hopefully that is the case, and I have it for my trip on June 7th! For those of you who haven't read the old posts, my applications was received on Feb 1st, it was put into processing on April 18th and I received the AOR that same day. The status had been "In Process" since April 18th, until today (May 24th) that it changed to "Decision Made"

Reactions: Mari mar

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
Just an update. I got off the phone with IRCC, the agent confirmed that my card had been approved, and he also mentioned that it was "sent to production" yesterday. He said that he believes that it should be mailed to me beginning of next week. Hopefully that is the case, and I have it for my trip on June 7th! For those of you who haven't read the old posts, my applications was received on Feb 1st, it was put into processing on April 18th and I received the AOR that same day. The status had been "In Process" since April 18th, until today (May 24th) that it changed to "Decision Made"
Thats nice to hear! I have the same timeline as you so hopefully I'll get mine mailed tomorrow as well.
May I ask which number you called? I tried calling the 1 888 242 2100 number a couple of hours ago and I couldn't get through to an agent at all. There was no option due to there being a large influx of calls... All I got was an automated message saying there was no issue with my application.

Last edited:

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Thats nice to hear! I have the same timeline as you so hopefully I'll get mine mailed tomorrow as well.
May I ask which number you called? I tried calling the 1 888 242 2100 number a couple of hours ago and I couldn't get through to an agent at all. There was no option due to there being a large influx of calls... All I got was an automated message saying there was no issue with my application.
That same number, with options 2-3-3-0. I received that same message (about the influx of calls) and had to call multiple times at different times throughout the day, until finally my call went through and I was added to the queue (the wait time was around 40 min after that).

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
That is very good news guys im happy to hear so therefore athough the stupid site says apps of jan 26 they are working on month of feb wow that is a relief Hoping we all just have it in our hands and we all get our citizenship cause this here is such a hassle, enjoy your trips

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Looks like I got chewed :( My app was delivered on 1st Feb and on 17th Apr I received AOR. The same day the status went to DM directly. Last week (17 May) I received this email from IRCC:

This letter concerns your application for a Permanent Resident Card.
A preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is needed before a final review can be completed.
Subsection 28(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act describes the residency obligation with which permanent residents must comply.
Section 56 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a Permanent Resident Card application must include the addresses of all places of residence, as well as periods of absence from Canada, during the previous 5 years.
To examine whether you are in compliance with the requirements to be issued a new Permanent Resident Card pursuant to paragraph 59(1)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, we request that you provide additional information for the period of 2013-APRIL-01 TO 2018-JAN-24.

Please submit the following documents:
  • Photocopies of ALL pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last five (5) years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible;

AND

• Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by your country of citizenship and the countries where you have travelled or resided;
AND

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

· Any other document(s) supporting your physical presence in Canada

All documents must be accompanied by an official translation if they are in a language other than English or French. You should provide a certified copy of the English or French translation and a certified copy of the translator’s declaration. A translator’s declaration must include:

· the translator’s name

· the original language of the translated document, and

· a statement signed by a translator that the translation is accurate.

Please send the documents within 30 days of the date of this letter to the following address:

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
Looks like I got chewed :( My app was delivered on 1st Feb and on 17th Apr I received AOR. The same day the status went to DM directly. Last week (17 May) I received this email from IRCC:

A preliminary review of your application has been completed and additional information is needed before a final review can be completed.
Subsection 28(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act describes the residency obligation with which permanent residents must comply.
Section 56 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a Permanent Resident Card application must include the addresses of all places of residence, as well as periods of absence from Canada, during the previous 5 years.
To examine whether you are in compliance with the requirements to be issued a new Permanent Resident Card pursuant to paragraph 59(1)(c) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, we request that you provide additional information for the period of 2013-APRIL-01 TO 2018-JAN-24.

• Photocopies of ALL pages (including blank pages) of your passport(s)/travel document(s) held in the last five (5) years. Ensure all pages are in colour and are clearly legible;

AND

• Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by your country of citizenship and the countries where you have travelled or resided;
AND

All documents must be accompanied by an official translation if they are in a language other than English or French. You should provide a certified copy of the English or French translation and a certified copy of the translator’s declaration. A translator’s declaration must include:

· the translator’s name

Please send the documents within 30 days of the date of this letter to the following address:
My application process is still showing as DM! I don't understand why they decided to put me in secondary review. Granted, I have several trips (in excess of 60) but I have met the residency obligation by a significant margin. I sent the documents they asked for and the package was delivered yesterday. I made a little excel fie with all the trip including the dates, countries, indication whether an entry/exit stamp existed and if so, wrote down the page number of my passport where the stamp existed. I also attached all boarding passes as well and labeled them accordingly. I had obtained detailed travel records from the US as well as entry report from CBSA that I attached as well.
Here's the format I used for my excel sheet:

1. Trip #
2. Departure Date
3. Departing Location
4. Arrival Date
5. Arriving Location
6. Exit stamp (indicating whether it existed or not)
7. Location of the Exit Stamp in my Passport (page number)
8. Entry stamp (indicating whether it existed or not)
9. Location of the Entry Stamp in my Passport (page number)
10. Boarding Pass (indicating whether it existed or not)
11. Trip comments (route)

If I didn't have a boarding pass for the trip, I attached the e-ticket.

In the package I requested for urgent processing as I have a trip scheduled next week as part of my job. (attached confirmed flight tickets)

ichv

Jun 25, 2015

AND

AND

· the translator’s name

I am not an expert, but I think (just think, not 100% sure) that a DM could mean approved, rejected or passed to secondary review. It doesn't mean approved automatically. And also, it used to be (at least last year) that they would open the application, send the AOR, check everything right away and a couple of days later either approve and send to production, reject, or pass to secondary review. Within a week people would see their status change from nothing, to "In Process" to "Completed" (or secondary review). This year, a lot of people have been sitting on DM for a month or so, and after that time IRCC takes the next action. My case was actually odd. I was left in "In Process" while most people saw their status change to "Decision Made" about two weeks after receiving the AOR. It looks to me that, same as with people having their status in DM for a month, and then getting their cards approved, sent to production and mailed, in your case, you had your status in DM for about a month, and then your application was officially passed to secondary review. Just my two cents, for what it is worth. But again, I don't have nearly as much experience as other people in this forum. I am not sure if you called after seeing your status change to DM. They might have had that information since a while back (I saw my status changed to DM today, I called, and they told me it was approved and it had been sent to production yesterday).

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
My application process is still showing as DM! I don't understand why they decided to put me in secondary review. Granted, I have several trips (in excess of 60) but I have met the residency obligation by a significant margin. I sent the documents they asked for and the package was delivered yesterday. I made a little excel fie with all the trip including the dates, countries, indication whether an entry/exit stamp existed and if so, wrote down the page number of my passport where the stamp existed. I also attached all boarding passes as well and labeled them accordingly. I had obtained detailed travel records from the US as well as entry report from CBSA that I attached as well.
Here's the format I used for my excel sheet:

1. Trip #
2. Departure Date
3. Departing Location
4. Arrival Date
5. Arriving Location
6. Exit stamp (indicating whether it existed or not)
7. Location of the Exit Stamp in my Passport (page number)
8. Entry stamp (indicating whether it existed or not)
9. Location of the Entry Stamp in my Passport (page number)
10. Boarding Pass (indicating whether it existed or not)
11. Trip comments (route)

If I didn't have a boarding pass for the trip, I attached the e-ticket.

In the package I requested for urgent processing as I have a trip scheduled next week as part of my job. (attached confirmed flight tickets)
They need at least 3 weeks for urgent processing. To have your card next week, they would have to mail it today or tomorrow and that is not going to happen. Your only option is to re-route your return flight to a border city in the US and cross the border in a private vehicle. However, I am not sure if you would have issues with CBSA because you have an application in secondary review, or if one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
They need at least 3 weeks for urgent processing. To have your card next week, they would have to mail it today or tomorrow and that is not going to happen. Your only option is to re-route your return flight to a border city in the US and cross the border in a private vehicle. However, I am not sure if you would have issues with CBSA because you have an application in secondary review, or if one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Thanks for the info, ichv. With regards to returning back to Canada, I do have a valid USA visa so my only option might be to take a flight to Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Vancouver. My only concern is with regards to a one-way ticket to the USA. Wouldn't the border control in the US or the gate agent cause issues when they see a one-way ticket?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Thanks for the info, ichv. With regards to returning back to Canada, I do have a valid USA visa so my only option might be to take a flight to Seattle and then rent a car and drive to Vancouver. My only concern is with regards to a one-way ticket to the USA. Wouldn't the border control in the US or the gate agent cause issues when they see a one-way ticket?
You would already be in US so CBP may not be concerned if you are traveling onwards to Canada. Probably the airlines may question. However my mom, PR of Canada , has traveled to Canada via SeaTac twice and didn’t have any issues. So one cannot tell for sure. But mostly you should be fine. That’s my personal opinion.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
I don't think they will have an issue. I know of people who live in Vancouver and do it all the time because it is cheaper to fly from Seattle in some cases. Just explain that you are going to Vancouver, but crossing the border by car...