+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Hi all! Update! My application changed to "Complete" today! My card was mailed yesterday (May 28th). It seems like I will have it in time for my trip next Thursday! :)

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
Im so envious. Hopefully mine is not far behind. Even though Ive been stuck on decision made since the 18th of last month. Did you get an email about your card being mailed?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Equally envious, especially since my timeline is further back than yours. Will finally break down and try calling today.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Im so envious. Hopefully mine is not far behind. Even though Ive been stuck on decision made since the 18th of last month. Did you get an email about your card being mailed?
No, I got the information when I checked on the status online, by clicking on it to see the details.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Equally envious, especially since my timeline is further back than yours. Will finally break down and try calling today.
I think I called three times, the first time when I called to ask a question about my citizenship application and just asked for any additional details they might have on the PR Card; the second time after I passed the posted processing time, they didn't have more details than what I could see online, and they supposedly sent a message to Sydney; and the third time after the status changed to Decision Made, to see if they had more details, and that is when they said that the card had been sent to production. But I do need my card urgently, so I have been really stressed out about it.

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
Ugh I tried calling in again today and it gave me the same message regarding the large influx of calls. I cant get through at all... I guess if I call first thing in the morning as soon as the offices open I have a better chance of success.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Ugh I tried calling in again today and it gave me the same message regarding the large influx of calls. I cant get through at all... I guess if I call first thing in the morning as soon as the offices open I have a better chance of success.
Not really I think. I just kept calling throughout the day until I was able to get through.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
I think I called three times, the first time when I called to ask a question about my citizenship application and just asked for any additional details they might have on the PR Card; the second time after I passed the posted processing time, they didn't have more details than what I could see online, and they supposedly sent a message to Sydney; and the third time after the status changed to Decision Made, to see if they had more details, and that is when they said that the card had been sent to production. But I do need my card urgently, so I have been really stressed out about it.
Yeah, part that concerns me is our application was received before yours and put into processing before yours, but is still in Decision Made. Guess we'll finally break down and try calling.

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
Just got off the phone. All the rep knows is that it is in production, she doesn't have a timeline but it shouldn't be too long now. I am now at a grand 116 days since my application was received.

Reactions: ichv

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Also just got off the phone. They said that there were problems with the card printing machine recently but they had now been fixed and that production of cards should be starting again - I suspect this is why we are all being delayed right now. Also that our application was all approved so nothing to worry about.

Reactions: ichv

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Just got off the phone. All the rep knows is that it is in production, she doesn't have a timeline but it shouldn't be too long now. I am now at a grand 116 days since my application was received.
Mine was sent to production Wednesday - Thursday of last week and was mailed Monday of this week. So, 2 - 3 business days later. If it helps as a reference...

Reactions: Taraneh85

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
111 days now. where is mine?
Don't go by the posted processing time, it is taking about 5 extra days at least, based on other people's timeliness (maybe because they don't update it that often). In my case, processing time was 117 days from the day they received the application to the day they mailed the card, and 41 days from the day I received the AOR to the day they mailed the card. I remember that for someone in the group of applications received Jan 25 - 26, it was 37 days from the AOR. So you can do the math in your case and kind of have an estimate :S

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Don't go by the posted processing time, it is taking about 5 extra days at least, based on other people's timeliness (maybe because they don't update it that often). In my case, processing time was 117 days from the day they received the application to the day they mailed the card, and 41 days from the day I received the AOR to the day they mailed the card. I remember that for someone in the group of applications received Jan 25 - 26, it was 37 days from the AOR. So you can do the math in your case and kind of have an estimate :S
Based on your time line, I should get an update by next week Monday or this Friday. Let us see.

alicenikprince

Apr 19, 2018
Has anyone dealt with CIC losing your application? Im worried that mine someone got left behind because I am the only one who submitted application in FEB and haven't gotten an AOR yet. UGH!!!!