+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Why can't you guys do something about it and bring our concerns to H.E Ahmed Hussain. When I applied it was at 69 days..

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Why can't you guys do something about it and bring our concerns to H.E Ahmed Hussain. When I applied it was at 69 days..
what is the status of your application. When I applied the processing time was around 85 days. Now 116 days passed after my application was recd.

Though the status is " Decision made " the call center people are not aware ( surprisingly ) and they say my application is still in process.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
what is the status of your application. When I applied the processing time was around 85 days. Now 116 days passed after my application was recd.

Though the status is " Decision made " the call center people are not aware ( surprisingly ) and they say my application is still in process.
My application status is in process since 22 May 2018. No more comments! I think it was never as bad as now.

I postponed a trip which I planned in June for one month hoping I receive the card. I am planning to ask for urgent processing though the circumstances are not work or sickness but are really urgent.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is incredibly frustrating to say the least. Application received on 1st of Feb, AOR April 17th, and it still shows In Process on the website. 123 Days and still being processed -- I have, however, been allowed into Canada on H&C grounds having been absent for more than 11 years.

I am going to call them today and see what I can figure out. I just wanted to post this in case other people are in a similar situation like me and are feeling as neglected as I am. Apparently they have already started processing applications from the 5th of Feb onward. My question, to all the experienced posters on this site or whomever can pitch a bit of their knowledge, is whether a PR card application after a H&C appeal takes longer and if so does it usually go to Secondary Review?

I am really worried that a Secondary Review is looming. This is leaving me quite gutted as I have not seen my family in so long ever since I came here for university, and now it seems like the card will be even more delayed. What is worse is that my family cannot come to Canada due to an ongoing condition with one of my siblings, the primary reason for my absence from Canada. Further I will have my academic year starting in a couple of months so if the card does not come soon, I will not be able to see them for another year at least. If I do not get a conclusive answer soon, do any of the posters know of the urgent processing procedures and any advice regarding it?

Best,
BOYX

Taraneh85

May 23, 2018
Just an update:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 18, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 29, 2018.
THANK GOODNESS!! Have faith everyone!

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Just FYI, I sent this to my MP today, and I would encourage anyone else to update to reflect their situation and send to your MP:

Hello Mr. xxx,

My wife is a Canadian permanent resident and has sent her application to renew such. She is a standard permanent resident who lives in xxx with my son and I (both Canadian citizens), files tax returns, and has fulfilled all obligations required of her. This is the current status of the residency renewal application:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2018.
In viewing a popular immigration forum, our experience is far from unusual, with the only updates ever being posted now to be longer processing time:

Why can't you guys do something about it and bring our concerns to H.E Ahmed Hussain. When I applied it was ...

As well, if you review the CIC web site, you will see this:
Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card
117 days
Working on applications received on February 5, 2018.
This seems like an unreasonable wait time for simple renewal of permanent residence. In this situation, you are essentially unable to travel until the card is renewed and in your hand. As you can see, we have been in this scenario for nearly 6 months.
If possible, can you please investigate as to the cause of these delays?
Thank you very much,

Reactions: alicenikprince

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Canada post delivers mails in four days time within the country excluding Mailing day.

Let us see.
You were right! Checked my mail box on Friday (card was sent on Monday) and it was already there. I am officially good to go for my trip this Thursday :)

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Just an update:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 18, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 29, 2018.
THANK GOODNESS!! Have faith everyone!
Great. Good luck.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Just FYI, I sent this to my MP today, and I would encourage anyone else to update to reflect their situation and send to your MP:

Hello Mr. xxx,

My wife is a Canadian permanent resident and has sent her application to renew such. She is a standard permanent resident who lives in xxx with my son and I (both Canadian citizens), files tax returns, and has fulfilled all obligations required of her. This is the current status of the residency renewal application:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 26, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2018.
In viewing a popular immigration forum, our experience is far from unusual, with the only updates ever being posted now to be longer processing time:

Why can't you guys do something about it and bring our concerns to H.E Ahmed Hussain. When I applied it was ...

As well, if you review the CIC web site, you will see this:
Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card
117 days
Working on applications received on February 5, 2018.
This seems like an unreasonable wait time for simple renewal of permanent residence. In this situation, you are essentially unable to travel until the card is renewed and in your hand. As you can see, we have been in this scenario for nearly 6 months.
If possible, can you please investigate as to the cause of these delays?
Thank you very much,
Thank you for sharing a model text which made it easier to write today to my MP.

Heliosdz

Jun 3, 2012
Perth
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2006
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2007
Med's Request
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
03-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-11-2012
Here is my status

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 1, 2018.

Shayan0001

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone submit their renewal application in March? Can you please share if you've received AOR yet? Thank you.
Hi I applied 5th March and I received an email 27thmay 2018 from CIC that they received my prc application on this date and when I check online it shows nothing .can anyone tells if got da same situation.and can tell me what is AOR thanks