+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Hey... When did your spouse got the COPR? We are in the same situation but got the email from Ottawa that they need primary applicant passport to proceed which is already submitted at ircc Isb, Pakistan.
Hi,
Congratulations on receiving PPR email.

When primary and dependents are different countries, IRCC should send separate emails to submit their passports in the country they live. However, if you receive one letter to submit all passports in Ottawa; in this case some countries do not allow to send passports by courier.

This is the reason,in the letter they might of mention that for any reason if you’re not able to send the passports to Ottawa,then you must submit the detailed explanation using the webform link mentioned in the PPR email. So that they can issue new PPR letter based on your convenience..

s. tayyaba

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
N
Hi,
Congratulations on receiving PPR email.

When primary and dependents are different countries, IRCC should send separate emails to submit their passports in the country they live. However, if you receive one letter to submit all passports in Ottawa; in this case some countries do not allow to send passports by courier.

This is the reason,in the letter they might of mention that for any reason if you’re not able to send the passports to Ottawa,then you must submit the detailed explanation using the webform link mentioned in the PPR email. So that they can issue new PPR letter based on your convenience..
Hi
Thanks for your prompt response.

We got 2 separate letters for PPR... One instructed to submit the passport in Ottawa & other in Pakistan so we did the same but now after 20+ days getting an email from Ottawa to submit primary applicant passport is quite confusing.... :(

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
N

Hi
Thanks for your prompt response.

We got 2 separate letters for PPR... One instructed to submit the passport in Ottawa & other in Pakistan so we did the same but now after 20+ days getting an email from Ottawa to submit primary applicant passport is quite confusing.... :(
Don’t be tense. Could you mention what exactly their question.. ?
Also, if possible try to discuss with customer care or if they mention any email or number in the email you received.

Tell them exactly how you followed the process and submitted your family passport in different county

imtj1234

Jul 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We received a mail for submitting our passports. My wife is in India and I'm in the US for my Master's.

My wife is the primary applicant and only she has received the email to submit passport through VFS to the Delhi High Commission. It is also mentioned all dependent applicants should also submit passports to the same.

Should I be waiting for a different mail to submit my passport? I have already informed IRCC through the web form but have received any response.

Could anyone kindly help me out as I'm really confused as to how I should send my passport to India?

Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I live Canda and have sent my passport for COPR visa stamping. Also, I received a letter to send dependent (My wife) passport through VFS.

But it has a condition as below.

Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status

Should I wait or can she go ahead and submit her passport?

Did anyone run into this before?

Gulzaraman

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Did any of you get any update? I received my passport back after stamping from CPC-Ottawa today. My husband's passport which was submitted in India at VFS Bangalore is still under process though. Our application has also been updated to approved.

CEC Inland

PPR - Jan 31
Passport sent - Feb 13
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa - Feb 15
Application approved and tracker activated - Feb 28
Passport received - March 1

Thanks
hey , when did you get your passport back after visa stamp?

Jul 9, 2019
Hi All,

I received a COPR stamped visa and confirmation document. My wife passport is submitted at VFS, India.

Should I need to wait for my wife to receive COPR visa or can I go ahead with scheduling an inland interview in Canada?

Chodeeps

Aug 29, 2019
Hi ,

I am also in a similar situation where I am in India but my wife (dependent) is in Canada. I have sent them an email requesting to change VFS for my wife to a VFS in Canada.

Should I wait for their reply or I can submit my passport while we are waiting for them to change VFS for my wife?

Hi! Can you please share the timelines on when your wife received her stamped passport? Did you receive it first?
Situation- im the primary applicant based out of india and my spouse is the secondary applicant is on TRV in canada. We sent passports to ndvo and ottawa respectively on sep 6th. Both our passports were received on sep 10th. However i received my stamped passport on sep 18th while his return tracker isnt even activated yet. Neither has the application in cicportal changed to approved.

We are worried and any inputs from you is valued! Thank you

preetisingh9

Jan 4, 2020
Hi All,

I am in similar situation. While I(primary applicant) is in India my husband(dependent) is in USA. I have received an email to submit our passports to VFS office in India.

I have submitted the Web-form and also dropped an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on 28th Dec but haven't heard back from them. Has someone been in the same situation in past?? Please share your experience.

Chodeeps

Aug 29, 2019
Yup. My husband was in canada and I was in India when we received the PPR. I was the primary applicant so the email was directed to me to submit both the passports. However, i submitted in India and dropped an email to ottawa ID on Sep 4th that you had mentioned. I also called them and got a confirmation for him to send his passport and other listed documents through courier to ottawa. I dont see a response to my email, though.

Do give a call, get a confirmation and courier it to the address they provide with instructions.

Hi All,

I am in similar situation. While I(primary applicant) is in India my husband(dependent) is in USA. I have received an email to submit our passports to VFS office in India.

I have submitted the Web-form and also dropped an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on 28th Dec but haven't heard back from them. Has someone been in the same situation in past?? Please share your experience.

preetisingh9

Jan 4, 2020
Yup. My husband was in canada and I was in India when we received the PPR. I was the primary applicant so the email was directed to me to submit both the passports. However, i submitted in India and dropped an email to ottawa ID on Sep 4th that you had mentioned. I also called them and got a confirmation for him to send his passport and other listed documents through courier to ottawa. I dont see a response to my email, though.

Do give a call, get a confirmation and courier it to the address they provide with instructions.

Thanks for the quick response. Did you call them from India?? If yes on what number.

And you said they confirmed over call, didn't they share any documents with you?? People in the posts above said they used Annex A or B.

Appreciate you help :)

preetisingh9

Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for the quick response. Did you call them from India?? If yes on what number.

And you said they confirmed over call, didn't they share any documents with you?? People in the posts above said they used Annex A or B.

Appreciate you help :)
Hi @Chodeeps, waiting to hear back from you on this.

Thanks and Regards.

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Hi All,

Hi Preeti,
I am in exactly the same position. What did you do? I tried raising a web form several times, they always come back asking for more information. My 30 days get over on 23rd, so I went ahead and at least submitted my passport at VFS India. Now, trying to find out how to submit my husband's passport in USA.

Did you get two separate letters?