+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

***Correction in title: This is for CoPR after receiving PPR

I received PPR email to send our passports (me- primary and spouse- secondary) to Ottawa office. I can send my passport to the Ottawa since I am in US, but my wife is in India and cannot send her passport to Ottawa. I have emailed CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca as per the PPR explaining our situation. But I got an automatic email response with wait time of 20 days for them to respond. Here are some questions.
1. Is this a standard time for IRCC to reply? We have been given only 30 days to send our passport thus I do not think waiting for 20 days is a good idea.
2. Is there any email address for Canadian Embassy in New Delhi, India where I can send an email to get a response?
3. If they send a new Annex A for her will it have her name or mine?

Also any additional information to help expedite this process is greatly appreciated.

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
1. I believe that's the standard reply. However, I had sent a similar inquiry on Oct 3, and received a reply by Oct 12. So you might get an early reply too. From my understanding, your dependent will have 30 days from the time you receive the second email to submit their passport.
2. No idea.
3. The second email will have Appendix B, not Annex A. It should have your application number on top. You have to fill in the details of principal applicant and dependents, and the principal applicant should sign it. Your wife should send this along with her passport. In my case, I also included a letter of explanation just to be safe.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
1. I believe that's the standard reply. However, I had sent a similar inquiry on Oct 3, and received a reply by Oct 12. So you might get an early reply too. From my understanding, your dependent will have 30 days from the time you receive the second email to submit their passport.
2. No idea.
3. The second email will have Appendix B, not Annex A. It should have your application number on top. You have to fill in the details of principal applicant and dependents, and the principal applicant should sign it. Your wife should send this along with her passport. In my case, I also included a letter of explanation just to be safe.
I received a email reply to contact the local vfs office. But it does not have appendix B or any place to sign it or enter details of primary applicant or dependents at all. It only says take the email to the vfs office near to you.

Now I am confused more since no where it mentions my spouse name. I was clear in my email that I am in USA and can send my passport but my spouse cannot.

MSeth

Sep 13, 2017
@craig123 - Our case is same as your's. I'm (wife) in India and my husband is in Canada. We have not received Appendix B and have been asked to submit the passport at vfs india. Would appreciate if you could update us about next steps u took in this situation.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
@craig123 - Our case is same as your's. I'm (wife) in India and my husband is in Canada. We have not received Appendix B and have been asked to submit the passport at vfs india. Would appreciate if you could update us about next steps u took in this situation.
Hi, Sorry for the delay. Go ahead and submit the passport with print out of the new email (for vfs india) along with passport, photos etc. You do not need the Appendix B. I can confirm this since my wife's application got approved today in India.

Reactions: MSeth

Dami78

Jan 7, 2018
Hi, Sorry for the delay. Go ahead and submit the passport with print out of the new email (for vfs india) along with passport, photos etc. You do not need the Appendix B. I can confirm this since my wife's application got approved today in India.
Thank you for the information
I have been looking forward to answer like this
I’m also in same situation
I can submit to vfs Colombo Sri Lanka

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Thank you for the information
I have been looking forward to answer like this
I’m also in same situation
I can submit to vfs Colombo Sri Lanka
Make sure to email Ottawa before you send your passport to the Colombo office. Only once you receive their email to send it to Colombo VFS take a print out of that email and take it to the VFS.

Dami78

Jan 7, 2018
Make sure to email Ottawa before you send your passport to the Colombo office. Only once you receive their email to send it to Colombo VFS take a print out of that email and take it to the VFS.
Thank you for your advice really appreciate,it was very helpful for me
I did as you said
Every thing went smoothly
I submitted my passport

wick865

Jul 13, 2017
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help with a question regarding submitting spouse's passport from a different country. I am currently in Canada and will be able to submit my passport to CPC Ottawa as per my first ppr email (with Annex A). As my wife is in Bangladesh, I emailed cic and got another ppr email with Appendix B.

My question is, do I submit my passport with Annex A and my wife submit her passport using Appendix B or do we both have to use Appendix B?

Thanks in advance.

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help with a question regarding submitting spouse's passport from a different country. I am currently in Canada and will be able to submit my passport to CPC Ottawa as per my first ppr email (with Annex A). As my wife is in Bangladesh, I emailed cic and got another ppr email with Appendix B.

My question is, do I submit my passport with Annex A and my wife submit her passport using Appendix B or do we both have to use Appendix B?

Thanks in advance.
What is your timeline please? Also, did you add your wife in the middle or from the begining?

wick865

Jul 13, 2017
What is your timeline please? Also, did you add your wife in the middle or from the begining?
AOR: Sept. 13, 2017
Additional Med: Oct. 28, 2017
Medical passed: Nov. 11, 2017
IP2: Feb. 27, 2018
PPR: May 14, 2018

No, my wife was there from the beginning.

primukh26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
I am in US and filed for my PR application from US. But now I need to relocate back to India. If I get my PPR while I am in India, can I still get the stamping done from India??

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I am in US and filed for my PR application from US. But now I need to relocate back to India. If I get my PPR while I am in India, can I still get the stamping done from India??

You need to inform ircc of the change in your location and address. Use the ircc webform to do so. They will update it in your application. Then I suppose you will be directed accordingly when it's time to send your passport.

naushad906

Nov 28, 2018
I received a email reply to contact the local vfs office. But it does not have appendix B or any place to sign it or enter details of primary applicant or dependents at all. It only says take the email to the vfs office near to you.

Now I am confused more since no where it mentions my spouse name. I was clear in my email that I am in USA and can send my passport but my spouse cannot.
Hi, I am also in a similar situation, me and ,my wife were in US while we applied but she traveled to India few weeks ago. I emailed cic about the situation but have not received any response. Do you know how long do they usually take to respond back?

ash2018

May 15, 2018
Hi There
I would be really glad if anyone can help with a question regarding submitting spouse's passport from a different country. I am currently in Canada and will be able to submit my passport to CPC Ottawa but my husband lives in Bangladesh. I emailed cic straight away explaining my situation and asked them where my husband can send his passport but didn’t receive anything from them yet. My understanding is that they will email me with Appendix B and my husband can send his passport to Bangladesh VFS with that. But it’s almost 10 days and I didn’t get any response yet.
I have only 18 days left before the 30 days limit is over. Please can you suggest me what to do?
Thanks a lot.