+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
I sent them an email on jan 15 still no response.have sent 3 more mails after that still no response.not sure what i should do
Which email address did you write to? Also, did you include all these details such as uci ,application number, dob , name of primary applicant and dependent as mentioned by s2patel in previous threads? I would suggest also calling them and letting them know about the situation if you haven't heard back yet.

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
We are in a similar situation. We had applied for the PR from the US and are required to submit our passports in the US. But I am in India till the end of March and we have time until the 2nd of March to submit our passports. We had sent an email last Monday to id that was provided in the email from ircc. It’s been one week and we haven’t heard from them yet. Now I am in a dilemma if I should leave for the US early to submit the passports there or wait for their email for further instructions.
Hi guys,
I got an email from them yesterday to submit the passport at the nearest vfs in India.

Reactions: mshubha

SinghKirpa

Feb 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received email response back from IRCC and they suggest I and my husband both submit passports to India VFS which is very confusing as we clearly stated them in our earlier email that I live in Canada and my husband is in India. So, I am going ahead and sending my passport first with an explanation letter and once it has been accepted in CPC-Ottawa, my husband will send his passport with another explanation letter. The same was suggested by my immigration lawyer as well.

Hope it works out for us this way.
Hello Mshubha- Thanks for sharing the information. I got the same reply today. Exact same thing that I need and my dependents needs to apply through India VFS. Looks like a standard reply. I am also planning to send my passport first and then my dependents from India later. Please do keep us posted on how it goes from here.

Reactions: mshubha

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Did any of you get any update? I received my passport back after stamping from CPC-Ottawa today. My husband's passport which was submitted in India at VFS Bangalore is still under process though. Our application has also been updated to approved.

CEC Inland

PPR - Jan 31
Passport sent - Feb 13
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa - Feb 15
Application approved and tracker activated - Feb 28
Passport received - March 1

Thanks

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi ,

I am also in a similar situation where I am in India but my wife (dependent) is in Canada. I have sent them an email requesting to change VFS for my wife to a VFS in Canada.

Should I wait for their reply or I can submit my passport while we are waiting for them to change VFS for my wife?

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Hi ,

I am also in a similar situation where I am in India but my wife (dependent) is in Canada. I have sent them an email requesting to change VFS for my wife to a VFS in Canada.

Should I wait for their reply or I can submit my passport while we are waiting for them to change VFS for my wife?
I would suggest waiting for the reply for few days as they may provide you with form or Annex that you may have to fill and post along with your passport.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
I would suggest waiting for the reply for few days as they may provide you with form or Annex that you may have to fill and post along with your passport.
Ok, will wait for atleast one or two week. Btw I didn’t receive any annexe in my ready for visa mail. Also, in the required documents they have not mentioned annexe.

mshubha

Oct 25, 2018
Ok, will wait for atleast one or two week. Btw I didn’t receive any annexe in my ready for visa mail. Also, in the required documents they have not mentioned annexe.
From what I know, Annex is for Canada or US and not for India. I live in Canada and I received Annex but my husband who lives in India did not have to submit Annex

Reactions: anotherone11

Roka-Canada

Jan 9, 2019
Hello everyone,
My visa office is Paris and I am an Outland applicant, but I am currently living in Canada, I recently received PPR letter to submit our passports in Turky! I sent a web form and ask them to let me to send our passports to a visa office in Canad and they answered that we can contact to a visa office in Canada and and ask them to send our COPR!
But they didn’t provide us with any new PPR letter!
Do you have any suggestion?

Reactions: clairemoon

Roka-Canada

Jan 9, 2019
Is there anyone here whose application has been out of Canada, but he/she is living in Canada! And received a letter to submit passports to a visa office out of Canada?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Is there anyone here whose application has been out of Canada, but he/she is living in Canada! And received a letter to submit passports to a visa office out of Canada?
Hi ,

I have faced this situation where my wife is in Canada and they asked to submit passport in the home country. I raised a webform request and also emailed to Ottawa (processing center). They sent another mail with the subject line - to be used if primary or dependent applicant is in Canada, where it was mentioned that we can submit passport in Canada too.

Roka-Canada

Jan 9, 2019
Hi ,

I have faced this situation where my wife is in Canada and they asked to submit passport in the home country. I raised a webform request and also emailed to Ottawa (processing center). They sent another mail with the subject line - to be used if primary or dependent applicant is in Canada, where it was mentioned that we can submit passport in Canada too.
Thank you for your respond,
Fortunately, I received an email from CPC Ottawa and they told me that I can submit all passports together to Ottawa

Reactions: anotherone11