+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

preetisingh9

Jan 4, 2020
Hi Preeti,
I am in exactly the same position. What did you do? I tried raising a web form several times, they always come back asking for more information. My 30 days get over on 23rd, so I went ahead and at least submitted my passport at VFS India. Now, trying to find out how to submit my husband's passport in USA.

Did you get two separate letters?
Hey, I also submitted a web-form and got back a generic response on top of that but they did attach the Annex A under my Profile.

Another thing I did is, I dropped an email to Canadian High Commission in Delhi [delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca and delhi@international.gc.ca ] explaining the current situation, they replied on top of that and confirmed that my husband can send his passport to Canada via mail for VISA stamping. So go ahead and drop them an email, send reminders and once you get the response ask your husband send his passport as per the instructions.

Reactions: schandrika

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Hey, I also submitted a web-form and got back a generic response on top of that but they did attach the Annex A under my Profile.

Another thing I did is, I dropped an email to Canadian High Commission in Delhi [delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca and delhi@international.gc.ca ] explaining the current situation, they replied on top of that and confirmed that my husband can send his passport to Canada via mail for VISA stamping. So go ahead and drop them an email, send reminders and once you get the response ask your husband send his passport as per the instructions.
Thank you for the quick response. We reached out to VFS USA and they said it was acceptable with my letter. So we went ahead and submitted my husband's passport as well. Like you said, I emailed CPC Ottawa three times, I will also email high commission. Hopefully, it will go through. I will keep you posted.

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,

Just wanted to give everyone who is in a similar situation an update. I am the primary applicant on my EE application, my husband is the dependent. I live in India and he is in USA. I got a single letter for a passport submission giving me instructions for submission in India. We raised a web form 3 times, but did not get a clear answer. I also emailed CPC Ottawa but did not get a reply.I directly asked VFS India after that, they said that my husband should be able to submit in VFS New York. I submitted my passport in India on 16th Jan. My husband directly went to VFS New York to find out if he could submit as we were approaching our 30 day deadline. They accepted his passport with the same letter and his photos etc. I then emailed the New Delhi immigration office as well just to be sure.
To my surprise, I got a message the very next day ---- 17th Jan in my CIC account. It was a letter letting me know that my husbands passport has been stamped.He also got an update that his passport was dispatched from IRCC. All in all, it was much smoother than I expected!

anshpat2826

Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

Just wanted to give everyone who is in a similar situation an update. I am the primary applicant on my EE application, my husband is the dependent. I live in India and he is in USA. I got a single letter for a passport submission giving me instructions for submission in India. We raised a web form 3 times, but did not get a clear answer. I also emailed CPC Ottawa but did not get a reply.I directly asked VFS India after that, they said that my husband should be able to submit in VFS New York. I submitted my passport in India on 16th Jan. My husband directly went to VFS New York to find out if he could submit as we were approaching our 30 day deadline. They accepted his passport with the same letter and his photos etc. I then emailed the New Delhi immigration office as well just to be sure.
To my surprise, I got a message the very next day ---- 17th Jan in my CIC account. It was a letter letting me know that my husbands passport has been stamped.He also got an update that his passport was dispatched from IRCC. All in all, it was much smoother than I expected!
Thats good Chandrika.

I have applied for Canada PR last year and I have received the Passport submission request on 6th Feb 2020 but unfortunately was transferred to UK for business commitment.

I have already raised a request to CIC office and as well emailed to Ottawa office.

whats was the process you have followed to submit the passport at different country ? simply just walking to VFS New York and its done?

Reactions: tar86
Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

Hi Chandrika,
Quick question for you. When you got only a single letter for passport submission, did it clearly mention that even your spouse's passport is required to be sent over for stamping? Cause I got my letter too but it doesn't mention about my spouse anywhere whom I added a couple of months back. It just mentions my name in the letter as primary applicant, and no mention of dependent.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
A bit confused on the below due to COVID situation. Could someone please help to clarify it?

According to the information on CIC website, principal applicant will not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependents cannot travel. Does it mean already approved applications whose dependents are overseas and principal applicant in Canada - waiting for landing interview will not be granted PR status till the time travel restrictions are lifted?

"Offices in the Centralized and Domestic Networks will continue to process permanent residence applications where the principal applicant is in Canada and has overseas dependants, taking into account the delays that may occur. The principal applicant should not be granted permanent residence if their overseas dependants cannot travel. Clients will be contacted to ascertain next steps once travel is possible again"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
I have a query about sending our passports. The main applicant is in the US and I am in Canada and we received Annexure A and advised to send the passports in a single package. I need guidance if we can send our passports separately from our locations or will it create issues? I raised webform(they sent a generic response -no clear guidance) and emailed Ottowa CPC as well but no response yet. Any information in this regard will be helpful.

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
I have a query about sending our passports. The main applicant is in the US and I am in Canada and we received Annexure A and advised to send the passports in a single package. I need guidance if we can send our passports separately from our locations or will it create issues? I raised webform(they sent a generic response -no clear guidance) and emailed Ottowa CPC as well but no response yet. Any information in this regard will be helpful.
I am in the same boat as you just that the main applicant, my wife, is in India and I am in US. We got the PPR today, Aug 10, and we have been asked to send our passports to Edmonton. Since we are in two different countries, not sure what to do in this case, so we emailed them. Let's see what they say.

Also, any idea if the Canada VOs in India have opened or not?

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am in the same boat as you just that the main applicant, my wife, is in India and I am in US. We got the PPR today, Aug 10, and we have been asked to send our passports to Edmonton. Since we are in two different countries, not sure what to do in this case, so we emailed them. Let's see what they say.

Also, any idea if the Canada VOs in India have opened or not?
Hi @samramandy - May I know what's your AOR? Are you PNP or FSW?

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sure Karthik. Our AOR was March 23, 2019. So we exceeded the 6 month timeline on Sep 23, 2019 and were well over the 6 month timeframe.

Also, we were FSW. What about you? When was your AOR and are you FSW or PNP?
Wow!!! Hearty Congratulations! Such a loooong wait, 18 months!!! I am PNP Outland US applicant 20-Nov-2019 AOR, my full timeline is my signature :)

samramandy

Aug 10, 2020
Wow!!! Hearty Congratulations! Such a loooong wait, 18 months!!! I am PNP Outland US applicant 20-Nov-2019 AOR, my full timeline is my signature :)
:) Thanks so much man, yeah it's been a really long wait. There are a couple of hurdles we need to get through before we celebrate, so let's hope everything goes well :)

And all the best to you too man!

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
:) Thanks so much man, yeah it's been a really long wait. There are a couple of hurdles we need to get through before we celebrate, so let's hope everything goes well :)

And all the best to you too man!
Thanks! Wish you good luck too!

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I’m on the same boat as you I would appreciate if you could tell me what you ended up doing. I am the PA in Canada and received a message from them that said I will receive communication from the local visa office in regard to issuing my copr and once that has been completed my spouse who is in US needs to send a passport copy and photo. However, there is Annex A rhat is included that I need to complete which is under my name that it says to include in the package so I’m confused because does that mean he mails me his passport and photos and then I submit it after filling and signing the annex myself but enter his address on the annex so they send the copr to him? I’m really confused and would really appreciate a response. Thanks

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
I’m on the same boat as you I would appreciate if you could tell me what you ended up doing. I am the PA in Canada and received a message from them that said I will receive communication from the local visa office in regard to issuing my copr and once that has been completed my spouse who is in US needs to send a passport copy and photo. However, there is Annex A rhat is included that I need to complete which is under my name that it says to include in the package so I’m confused because does that mean he mails me his passport and photos and then I submit it after filling and signing the annex myself but enter his address on the annex so they send the copr to him? I’m really confused and would really appreciate a response. Thanks
In our case, we sent all the passports in one single package from Canada for the same reason as you stated- Annexure A and its directions.Thanks