+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Spouse and my passport for PPR in different countries

ehsaneee12

Aug 2, 2018
Hi,
I have a similar question.I live in Canada and my dependents live in Bangladesh.If i am told to submit all passports to Ottawa, can my dependents send their passport to me in Canada by courier service(like FedEx or DHL) for stamping as they are not in Canada?Will there be any problem if I do so?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi,
I have a similar question.I live in Canada and my dependents live in Bangladesh.If i am told to submit all passports to Ottawa, can my dependents send their passport to me in Canada by courier service(like FedEx or DHL) for stamping as they are not in Canada?Will there be any problem if I do so?
You will need to check . For Indians it is illegal to send passport by courier internationally. So check your country passport related rule.

It will be bette if you send them a mail request asking to change vfs to bangladesh for your dependent.

sabsufi

Mar 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received email response back from IRCC and they suggest I and my husband both submit passports to India VFS which is very confusing as we clearly stated them in our earlier email that I live in Canada and my husband is in India. So, I am going ahead and sending my passport first with an explanation letter and once it has been accepted in CPC-Ottawa, my husband will send his passport with another explanation letter. The same was suggested by my immigration lawyer as well.

Hope it works out for us this way.
Hello mshubha hope it worked out for you. Iam in similar situation I am living in Qatar (the dependent). My wife is in India (primary Applicant). We received the letter to submit passport in qatar(as my wife was here when we applied). we sent email to CIC,clearly mentioning our address but they replied us to submit our passports in India. I just want to know from you form your experience what to do next? will be very helpful if you could help. Thank you.

Reactions: RR9187

sabsufi

Mar 3, 2019
Hello Mshubha- Thanks for sharing the information. I got the same reply today. Exact same thing that I need and my dependents needs to apply through India VFS. Looks like a standard reply. I am also planning to send my passport first and then my dependents from India later. Please do keep us posted on how it goes from here.
Hello singhkripa, Iam in a similar situation, can i know if it worked out for you this way?

ehsaneee12

Aug 2, 2018
You will need to check . For Indians it is illegal to send passport by courier internationally. So check your country passport related rule.

It will be bette if you send them a mail request asking to change vfs to Bangladesh for your dependent.
I think it is legal in Bangladesh.Otherwise, how VFS center in Bangladesh would send the passport of the applicants to Singapore Visa office.

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Hi @mshubha ,

Did you get an email to submit the passport at the changed visa office apart from your ppr mail ?? We are in same situation now. And have mailed ottawa ottawa visa office requesting to submit passport at canada. PA travelled to canada after AOR and dependents reside in India. Kindly guide us on how to proceed further.

Did you

Hi guys,

Did any of you get any update? I received my passport back after stamping from CPC-Ottawa today. My husband's passport which was submitted in India at VFS Bangalore is still under process though. Our application has also been updated to approved.

CEC Inland

PPR - Jan 31
Passport sent - Feb 13
Passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa - Feb 15
Application approved and tracker activated - Feb 28
Passport received - March 1

Thanks

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all,

I got two separate emails today for PPR. One for myself and one for my spouse, I live in USA and my wife lives in Pakistan. I am confused now bceause the letter for me is general and doenst specify if I need to send my Spouse Passport to New York office as well (see below). The other letter from Islamabad (Pakistan) clearly specify only one passport is required.

New York
https://ibb.co/S0j6VL6

Islamabad
https://ibb.co/XJgtPVp

My question is what should I do now? should I just send mine to New York and her to ISB. The New York letter mentions a fee but doesn't specify what is the total and how to pay it.

Also if anyone has any idea about the time it will take for NYC office to send me back the passport after stamping please share.

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received an email from CEC asking me to submit passport to issue 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence'.

I am currently in Canada and my dependents are outside Canada (India). Could anyone let me know what to do in this case as I cannot send my dependents passport from outside Canada.

please provide the email id / other options to request CEC to provide an instruction/reference letter for my dependents to submit passports in my home country (Inida).

Request anyone to help me in this. Thanks a lot in advance and all the best to everyone.

manumax27

May 7, 2019
Hello.
I reside in Berlin and my dependents in India.
I asked embassy to issue a different letter for my dependents so that they can submit in India.

But, I received a mail saying all of us should post to Embassy in New Delhi via VFS.
I"m confused what should I do?

ezilrani

May 16, 2019
guys just wanted to give you heads up. I sent email to same email address explaining situation , uci ,application number, dob , name of primary applicant and dependent . Got response in 3 business days . So please when you send email make sure you give them all info.
Hi the email I received it says if the accompanying member is outside Canada kindly advise via IRCC webform for information. So I filled the IRCC WEBFORM. Do I still need to email them on the above address again. which way is faster?

prateeksin

May 25, 2019
Hello mshubha hope it worked out for you. Iam in similar situation I am living in Qatar (the dependent). My wife is in India (primary Applicant). We received the letter to submit passport in qatar(as my wife was here when we applied). we sent email to CIC,clearly mentioning our address but they replied us to submit our passports in India. I just want to know from you form your experience what to do next? will be very helpful if you could help. Thank you.
what is ypur status @sabsufi

I am in Dubai currently and got a request to submit passport in India. family would submit passports in india only.

s. tayyaba

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi all,

I got two separate emails today for PPR. One for myself and one for my spouse, I live in USA and my wife lives in Pakistan. I am confused now bceause the letter for me is general and doenst specify if I need to send my Spouse Passport to New York office as well (see below). The other letter from Islamabad (Pakistan) clearly specify only one passport is required.

New York
https://ibb.co/S0j6VL6

Islamabad
https://ibb.co/XJgtPVp

My question is what should I do now? should I just send mine to New York and her to ISB. The New York letter mentions a fee but doesn't specify what is the total and how to pay it.

Also if anyone has any idea about the time it will take for NYC office to send me back the passport after stamping please share.

Hey... When did your spouse got the COPR? We are in the same situation but got the email from Ottawa that they need primary applicant passport to proceed which is already submitted at ircc Isb, Pakistan.