+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I guess its not required unless there’s any legal case goin on. I didn’t submit with my application n got the visa.
Great thanks but SOP is mandatory for filing the visa right? I have heard some people got it approved without an SOP and my agent didn't mention any such thing when I asked. And have you already filed your visa? I am still waiting for my LOA and I am wondering whether I should pay my first year tuition fee now or after receiving the LOA. I have only made some deposit so far as requested by the University.

Reactions: Tanureet Singh

beawesome007

Jun 12, 2018
Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

In the beneficiary adress do i need to fill my adress in india or 4715 tahoe blvd adress?????
Use your adress in mentioned in the passport or the funds will be rejected!!!

Reactions: Vijayjessy

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Great thanks but SOP is mandatory for filing the visa right? I have heard some people got it approved without an SOP and my agent didn't mention any such thing when I asked. And have you already filed your visa? I am still waiting for my LOA and I am wondering whether I should pay my first year tuition fee now or after receiving the LOA. I have only made some deposit so far as requested by the University.
I am not quite sure about how things wrks for university as I applied for colgs. As far as a i know, SOP makes applicant’s case more strong giving details abt the course, how is it linked to ur previous studies/exp n hw ul benefit frm it in future. My agent was very strict abt the SOP n i paid them for preparing it coz i didn’t wnt to take any risk. It really serves the purpose.

If u’ve applied under SDS, then acc to sDS rules, u have to cover the whole year’s fee before submitting the file for visa else ur documentation is incomplete. But if u applied under SPP, then u can deposit only 1 sem fee n file for the visa. These r things told to me by my agent n i applied under SDS so paid full year fee.

But i still suggest u to ask ur consultant as well n also there’s a thread “prespective 2019 studenrs gather here”, someone much experienced about University cases can guide u bttr. I hope it helps u out :)

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I am not quite sure about how things wrks for university as I applied for colgs. As far as a i know, SOP makes applicant’s case more strong giving details abt the course, how is it linked to ur previous studies/exp n hw ul benefit frm it in future. My agent was very strict abt the SOP n i paid them for preparing it coz i didn’t wnt to take any risk. It really serves the purpose.

If u’ve applied under SDS, then acc to sDS rules, u have to cover the whole year’s fee before submitting the file for visa else ur documentation is incomplete. But if u applied under SPP, then u can deposit only 1 sem fee n file for the visa. These r things told to me by my agent n i applied under SDS so paid full year fee.

But i still suggest u to ask ur consultant as well n also there’s a thread “prespective 2019 studenrs gather here”, someone much experienced about University cases can guide u bttr. I hope it helps u out :)
Thanks, you got lots of info from your agent, I wish mine was like that. I was just told my visa will be filed online and I need to pay the first year tuition fee. But the thing is, if I haven't received the letter of acceptance yet, I paid the deposit fee and didn't get a receipts. I was told it comes with the Letter of Acceptance, but how do I pay the rest of the tuition fee, just go by whats on the website. My agent is saying to pay it and she will get me a consolidated receipts for filing the visa. Do you suggest I wait for the LOA or do as she says?

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Thanks, you got lots of info from your agent, I wish mine was like that. I was just told my visa will be filed online and I need to pay the first year tuition fee. But the thing is, if I haven't received the letter of acceptance yet, I paid the deposit fee and didn't get a receipts. I was told it comes with the Letter of Acceptance, but how do I pay the rest of the tuition fee, just go by whats on the website. My agent is saying to pay it and she will get me a consolidated receipts for filing the visa. Do you suggest I wait for the LOA or do as she says?
Oh no.. u mst not transfer funds at all if u havnt olrdy received LOA. M surprised how come ur agent asked u to pay full year tution fee without getting LOA in hand. Once u get LOA, then pay the full fee before filling for visa.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
No worries, thanks alot. I hope u get urs too very soon.
Thanks I just wished everything moved a bit faster, my September admission got pushed to to Jan and this is the fifth month, I am still dealing with them and no LOA yet. I am praying to GOD that things move a bit faster so that I don't have to worry and guide others like all the people are doing here.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Thanks I just wished everything moved a bit faster, my September admission got pushed to to Jan and this is the fifth month, I am still dealing with them and no LOA yet. I am praying to GOD that things move a bit faster so that I don't have to worry and guide others like all the people are doing here.
I understand how tnsd n frustrating it gets. Don wrry, thngs vl gt sorted out soon. Jst keep askng ur consultants which colgs/uni they have applied n r goin to apply. Most of the colgs have closed there admissions olrdy. Wtevr colg/uni u get, jst take it if u want to move to canada soon. Ive heard, we can chnge schools once we land there.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Oh no.. u mst not transfer funds at all if u havnt olrdy received LOA. M surprised how come ur agent asked u to pay full year tution fee without getting LOA in hand. Once u get LOA, then pay the full fee before filling for visa.
Thanks again mate, I will wait for my LOA first. How long do you think, the university will take to issue the receipts? I seriously cannot wait for 3 weeks to get the receipts /updates.

What about GIC funds, should I still go ahead and make the payments? This is another thing, they made a mistake with my name which I got it rectified by myself recently and they also missed a line of my address mentioned on the passport, which I am still waiting to be updated. And I heard Scotia Bank is very particular, everything needs to be matched as per what's on the passport and their system otherwise it will be rejected.

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I understand how tnsd n frustrating it gets. Don wrry, thngs vl gt sorted out soon. Jst keep askng ur consultants which colgs/uni they have applied n r goin to apply. Most of the colgs have closed there admissions olrdy. Wtevr colg/uni u get, jst take it if u want to move to canada soon. Ive heard, we can chnge schools once we land there.
Yes, we can change colleges/schools after few months of landing but I don't intend to especially when the fees have been paid. I have already got admitted to 2 Universities, I don't know why this is happening to me since the other one also got deferred and it was already too late to file the visa with course starting mid August. They only have one intake and they did give me an option to join this year or next year. Hoping for the best.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Thanks again mate, I will wait for my LOA first. How long do you think, the university will take to issue the receipts? I seriously cannot wait for 3 weeks to get the receipts /updates.

What about GIC funds, should I still go ahead and make the payments? This is another thing, they made a mistake with my name which I got it rectified by myself recently and they also missed a line of my address mentioned on the passport, which I am still waiting to be updated. And I heard Scotia Bank is very particular, everything needs to be matched as per what's on the passport and their system otherwise it will be rejected.
Waiting tym varies frm uni to uni. U have to access their website for this.

About the GiC funds, i don thnk so one shd transfer money without having colg admission certainity. If i were u, i would nvr do that. About that missing address line, yes details shd match with whats there on the passport. I had the same issue as well n i wrote them email, got evrythng on point within 5 days.

I still suggest u to ask about the funds thng on the other thread as wel so u can cross check.

neyb

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Yes, we can change colleges/schools after few months of landing but I don't intend to especially when the fees have been paid. I have already got admitted to 2 Universities, I don't know why this is happening to me since the other one also got deferred and it was already too late to file the visa with course starting mid August. They only have one intake and they did give me an option to join this year or next year. Hoping for the best.
M confused now lol. Have u got LOA from university olrdy?

CN_08

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
M confused now lol. Have u got LOA from university olrdy?
Sorry no, still waiting LOA. I was talking about offer letters received from the Universities. Both have deferred my intake and third one hasn't responded yet. I am only focusing on one now which is the Jan intake.