+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending explanation letter of non obtention of Police clearance

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
I am about to send my permanent residence application and documents for federal cheking in CANADA with no Dubai police clearance because of my unpaid debt and credit card that I cannot pay back and left there since 2012 ..the canadians needs a letter of explanation and i dont know what to tell them and i dont know if they will accept my application with this issue... a lot of people are telling that it could be a crime as they are "unpaid cheques"..I dont know if someone can help me with t and clear me out please..did anyone wh had same issue did pass this situation and he/she is now in Canada ? what can I write to the canadians in the explanation letter about the no obtention of the Dubai Police clearance . Thanks in advance .

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Alex20 said:
I am about to send my permanent residence application and documents for federal cheking in CANADA with no Dubai police clearance because of my unpaid debt and credit card that I cannot pay back and left there since 2012 ..the canadians needs a letter of explanation and i dont know what to tell them and i dont know if they will accept my application with this issue... a lot of people are telling that it could be a crime as they are "unpaid cheques"..I dont know if someone can help me with t and clear me out please..did anyone wh had same issue did pass this situation and he/she is now in Canada ? what can I write to the canadians in the explanation letter about the no obtention of the Dubai Police clearance . Thanks in advance .
Your application will be returned if you do not provide a police clearance certificate from Dubai. It is wrong for you to have left the debt unpaid since 2012 but you can pay the debt now and then obtain the poilice clearance. Keep in mind that as part of your background checks, CIC will still check with Dubai police about your record and the debt you are trying to hide now will be found out, your application will immediately cease to be processed and returned to you. Do the honest thing, clear your debt.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Your application will be returned if you do not provide a police clearance certificate from Dubai. It is wrong for you to have left the debt unpaid since 2012 but you can pay the debt now and then obtain the poilice clearance. Keep in mind that as part of your background checks, CIC will still check with Dubai police about your record and the debt you are trying to hide now will be found out, your application will immediately cease to be processed and returned to you. Do the honest thing, clear your debt.
Debt in Canada isn't criminalized, and the OP may not have the ability to pay the debt now. Whether they 'should' pay it or not or if it is 'wrong' for them not to have paid it is not a simple question. This policy of Dubai to criminalize debt is not widely accepted, and has been discussed before on this forum. The OP should search for similar questions which were more thoroughly discussed.

Reactions: nikki88

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
The issue that i don't have the money to pay back now..I am jobless since a couple of years and canada will be a good opportunity to find a job and start paying back my debts... please advice if someone did got the same issue or a proof plz that Canada is not criminilising these kind of situation . Thanks .

gsinghbal

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Present, Amritsar - Target, Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Alex20 said:
Try to get PCC through someone who lived there, probably they will issue looking over the crime but if bank has given this information as black listed then your problem is huge as one of my friend I know he did same and he is banned all over GCC (Gulf nation countries) and even if he travel through transit these airports he will be caught and put behind bars.

So in case you cannot obtain PCC from UAE, then you have no chance but to pay all debts and clear. Remember middle east has lot of jobs thus you cannot run if you cannot settle in Canada just because of this issue.

My friend, take loan in india and pay debts. Sorry but You are stuck badly.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
nope said:
Debt in Canada isn't criminalized, and the OP may not have the ability to pay the debt now. Whether they 'should' pay it or not or if it is 'wrong' for them not to have paid it is not a simple question. This policy of Dubai to criminalize debt is not widely accepted, and has been discussed before on this forum. The OP should search for similar questions which were more thoroughly discussed.
I never said debt is criminalised in Canada, what I said was if he submits his application without the PCC, it will be returned. Dubai will not issue the PCC until he clears his debt, that is the black and white of the situation. If he makes the mistake of telling CIC that he can not get the PCC because he has debt issues in Dubai, that is a red flag. Canada will not accept his application over the applications of other people who are debt free and have PCC in their applications. Get it right instead of giving him false hope, there is no shortcut to submitting an application without PCC.

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
But I cannot get stucked just because i have no penny at the moment to pay my debts back..the cumulated debts is not a crime in canada I guess... if someone got the same situation please advice ! :(

nope

Oct 3, 2015
You initial post doesn't make it clear if you can get a PCC from Dubai but it has your debt on it, or if you can't get one. If you can get one, get one and apply. If you can't get one, then you have two options: 1) hire a lawyer and ask them what the implications of this are (it should be a common problem) or 2) apply anyway and write a letter to CIC explaining what the problem is.

In this forum, search for Dubai debt above, you'll find several threads that discuss this issue.

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
a friend in Dubai did ask dubai police for me , they told him if he pay back his debts he can get the police clearance if not he cannot get it , so I won't get it and I have no money to hire a lawyer and all lawyers are asking for the police clearnace if not they cannot act..so the only option I got is to write the letter to CIC but what are my chances with them... ?

The other previous topics with Dubai debts didn't get to any results as people did stop writing us about their issues if they did get the visa or not..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband was unable to obtain an PCC for Kuwait - although for a very different reason than yours. CIC accepted a letter in lieu of the PCC and his application was successfully processed. My husband work in Kuwait City for a year and a half before the war. All of the police records were destroyed during the war - so Kuwait had no record of him being in the country and would not issue a PCC. When we submitted the PR sponsorship application, we included a letter that explained when my husband lived there and what he was doing (he was working for the US government in a non military role). We showed evidence of everything we had done to try to obtain the PCC (we contacted several embassies and consulates both in Canada and in Kuwait and provided evidence of their responses to us saying that it wasn't possible). We also provided evidence from a US immigration government web site stating that it's impossible to obtain police certificates for this period of time from Kuwait due to everything being destroyed in the war. Lastly, my husband provided recent US security clearance records and explained that if he had done anything wrong/bad in Kuwait, this would have been reflected in these records since he was under contract with the US government (although in an IT role).

Unfortunately our application was submitted 5 years ago and I no longer have a copy of the letter we sent.

My advice to you would be to write out everything in your letter - including providing evidence of what you have done to try to obtain the PCC. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend you contact the Canadian embassy / consulate responsible for that region to see what they have to say (and include this information in the letter). I would also include evidence of your unpaid debt to prove this is the reason why you can't obtain the PCC.

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
Thanks Madam , actually for your husband everything was ok , he has no crime or issues but not for me , I am really confused if it will be really considered as a crime and I would'nt get any visa... I actually have emails with banks and I tried to contacted dubai police but they didnt answer to my email , i did contact UAE embassy in my country here by mail as well and they didnt answer either ... :(

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Alex20 said:
Thanks Madam , actually for your husband everything was ok , he has no crime or issues but not for me , I am really confused if it will be really considered as a crime and I would'nt get any visa... I actually have emails with banks and I tried to contacted dubai police but they didnt answer to my email , i did contact UAE embassy in my country here by mail as well and they didnt answer either ... :(
I think that as per Scylla points out, you need to actually apply for the PPC, and then submit the letter of refusal that you receive, along with documentation of your debts. Simply inquiring as to whether you can get one won't be sufficient.

Alex20

Oct 26, 2015
Actually they didnt want to give me any answer , they just told my friend there that they cannot give me any written answer or the PCC.. thatswhy I am confused but I guess that CIC can chek this out with the goverment there right ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alex20 said:
Any further help or advice please..
You seem to have ignored all of the advice I gave you and seem to be looking for an easy way out of this. This indicates PR isn't that important to you. If PR isn't that important to you, then just submit a simple letter saying you couldn't get the PCC due to your outstanding debts.

If PR is in fact important to you, then my previous response told you what you need to do. YOU have to take responsibility for proving to CIC that you have done everything you can to try to obtain the PCC. This is YOUR responsibility. So far you have done extremely little. You need to do more. I'll spell it out even more clearly:

1) Email the Canadian embassy/consulate responsible for Dubai to explain your situation and ask for their help. Include both your email and their answer as evidence in your leter.
2) Email your home country's embassy/consulate responsible for Dubai to explain your situation and ask for their help. Include both your email and their answer as evidence in your letter.
3) Email the UAE embassy/consulate in your area to explain your situation and ask for their help. Include both your email and their answer as evidence in your letter.
4) Research the web for any official government web sites (Canadian, US or European) that mention that it is impossible to obtain a Dubai PCC with outstanding debts and include this as evidence in your letter.

Reactions: nikki88