+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employed Application 2022

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Mathematics has been the most intriguing subject for students since ages. The field of mathematics is flourishing swiftly and branching out to all spheres of life. maths olympiad books for class 1 covers topics such as Number and Arithmetic, Algebra and Patterns, Measures and Units, Space and Geometry and Chance and Data. The questions asked are tricky and conceptual which helps students gain a broader and thorough understanding of the topic. These exams also aid in cultivating analytical thinking among young learners.
Don’t spam the site.

dezcorb

Aug 4, 2021
Just applied yesterday (11 Jan) via online application mode. Looking forward to temp application number.

NOC CODE: 5421

maqboolsadiq1

Dec 30, 2021
You are missing the point. All jobs can be self employed. The self employment stream is for cultural and arts professionals with NOCS with 51 and 52 numbers. 2175 is not a NOC eligible for the self employment stream. Consult a lawyer or consultant. As per the program purpose…

Your experience is relevant if you have:
  • taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
  • been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
These are NOCs in the 51 and 52 streams. It is on the website. Apply through Express Entry or PNP.
I have self-employed business prior I was sales and Marketing Manager, as I am applying in sales NOC so can I enter my sales activities as employed in my own business? as self-employed person does almost everything for increase sales and profit. pls guide, I am applying for EE on Sales and Marketing NOC

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have self-employed business prior I was sales and Marketing Manager, as I am applying in sales NOC so can I enter my sales activities as employed in my own business? as self-employed person does almost everything for increase sales and profit. pls guide, I am applying for EE on Sales and Marketing NOC
This is a thread on the self employment program for cultural and arts professions. Post under Express Entry.

Reactions: maqboolsadiq1

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Aren’t NOCs for the self employment stream under the arts, culture and sports NOCs (51 & 52) since the purpose of the program is that you can make a significant cultural or sporting contribution? Most are photographers, writers, artists etc. Clarify with a consultant or lawyer because processing times are a couple of years. So you don’t want to wait 2 years and find out your NOC is ineligible. Your NOC is a common NOC under Express Entry and PNP programs, and many of those people are self employed. You can use self employment as your skilled work experience. Your NOC is also under PNP programs such as the OINP (has tech draws) and BC Tech program.

Eligible Occupations under Self-Employed Persons Program

Professional occupations in art and culture (Major Group 51 of NOC):

511 Librarians, archivists, conservators and curators

• 5111 Librarians
  • 5112 Conservators and curators
  • 5113 Archivists

512 Writing, translating and related communications professionals

• 5121 Authors and writers
  • 5122 Editors
  • 5123 Journalists
  • 5125 Translators, terminologists, and interpreters

513 Creative and performing artists

• 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
  • 5132 Conductors, composers, and arrangers
  • 5133 Musicians and singers
  • 5134 Dancers
  • 5135 Actors and comedians
  • 5136 Painters, sculptors, and other visual artists

Technical occupations in art, culture, recreation, and sport (Major Group 52):

521 Technical occupations in libraries, public archives, museums and art galleries

• 5211 Library and public archive technicians
  • 5212 Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries

522 Photographers, graphic arts technicians and technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts

• 5221 Photographers
  • 5222 Film and video camera operators
  • 5223 Graphic arts technicians
  • 5224 Broadcast technicians
  • 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
  • 5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts
  • 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts

523 Announcers and other performers, n.e.c.

• 5231 Announcers and other broadcasters
  • 5232 Other performers, n.e.c.

524 Creative designers and craftspersons

• 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
  • 5242 Interior designers and interior decorators
  • 5243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers
  • 5244 Artisans and craftspersons
  • 5245 Patternmakers – textile, leather and fur products

525 Athletes, coaches, referees and related occupations

• 5251 Athletes
  • 5252 Coaches
  • 5253 Sports officials and referees
  • 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport, and fitness
Better to change the NOC to 5241 to avoid complications along the line.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
QUOTE="maqboolsadiq1, post: 9901666, member: 1071421"]
[/QUOTE]
No! Pls check the specific NOC in ircc website. Anyways best of luck.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Pls I Need update. How can one open a specific forum here?
Secondly, can one apply online now under self-employed stream? Use to be paper based.

maqboolsadiq1

Dec 30, 2021
Brother my question is.. i want to Apply in EE and I will be using Sales and Marketing manager NOC code as I was serving in same capacity. i am only confused about my later experience as self employed as self employed is generally in everything... i can use any of NOC code being self-employed? because self employed doesn't have any NOC code

Reactions: Alorey

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Brother my question is.. i want to Apply in EE and I will be using Sales and Marketing manager NOC code as I was serving in same capacity. i am only confused about my later experience as self employed as self employed is generally in everything... i can use any of NOC code being self-employed? because self employed doesn't have any NOC code
OK. Sorry I was thinking you wanted to apply under self employed stream. This is a special stream for those who have been self employed for not less than 2 yrs as at the time of application and must be under art and culture. Sincerely I don't know about express entry if that's what you mean by EE.
Goodluck

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
post under Express Entry. This thread is for the self employment program for arts and culture.

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you for your advice @Naturgrl @Sunnyblue100 @comerunning19

I saw this link of Heirarchy and Structure of NOCs and it clearly says which NOCs are allowed under this program. So you guys are absolutely right that 2175 NOC code won't be eligible. I agree completely.

Also, I cannot use the Graphic Designers NOC code as it would be a long stretch and I don't have projects to prove that I have done any Graphic Design work. Both fields are very distinct from each other.

I know that there is a PNP option which has endless wait period and no confirmation of getting the PR.

I am looking for a more concrete option which will let me step foot in Canada ASAP. I am 32 years old unmarried guy.

I am almost convinced that I should take the education route (Masters) and then I will automatically get a 4 year work permit which will lead me to get the PR.

Let me know what you guys think.

- I am in this journey from Nov 2018. Waiting, waiting and waiting! :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your advice @Naturgrl @Sunnyblue100 @comerunning19

I saw this link of Heirarchy and Structure of NOCs and it clearly says which NOCs are allowed under this program. So you guys are absolutely right that 2175 NOC code won't be eligible. I agree completely.

Also, I cannot use the Graphic Designers NOC code as it would be a long stretch and I don't have projects to prove that I have done any Graphic Design work. Both fields are very distinct from each other.

I know that there is a PNP option which has endless wait period and no confirmation of getting the PR.

I am looking for a more concrete option which will let me step foot in Canada ASAP. I am 32 years old unmarried guy.

I am almost convinced that I should take the education route (Masters) and then I will automatically get a 4 year work permit which will lead me to get the PR.

Let me know what you guys think.

- I am in this journey from Nov 2018. Waiting, waiting and waiting! :(
There is no ASAP route. What is your CRS score for Express Entry? If you don't have over 470 then most likely not an option. PNPs are an option if eligible. You can take the Masters route. You need to get accepted and show how it will advance your career in your home country (more money) to justify the costs. You need to show the funds, strong home ties etc. If at least a two-year program, then you may be eligible for a 3-year permit. It is not automatic.