Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Any one applying in 2022? I am uploading my file on Jan 15, 2022.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My NOC is 2175 (Web Designers and Developers)
Aren’t NOCs for the self employment stream under the arts, culture and sports NOCs (51 & 52) since the purpose of the program is that you can make a significant cultural or sporting contribution? Most are photographers, writers, artists etc. Clarify with a consultant or lawyer because processing times are a couple of years. So you don’t want to wait 2 years and find out your NOC is ineligible. Your NOC is a common NOC under Express Entry and PNP programs, and many of those people are self employed. You can use self employment as your skilled work experience. Your NOC is also under PNP programs such as the OINP (has tech draws) and BC Tech program.

Eligible Occupations under Self-Employed Persons Program

Professional occupations in art and culture (Major Group 51 of NOC):

511 Librarians, archivists, conservators and curators

• 5111 Librarians
  • 5112 Conservators and curators
  • 5113 Archivists

512 Writing, translating and related communications professionals

• 5121 Authors and writers
  • 5122 Editors
  • 5123 Journalists
  • 5125 Translators, terminologists, and interpreters

513 Creative and performing artists

• 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
  • 5132 Conductors, composers, and arrangers
  • 5133 Musicians and singers
  • 5134 Dancers
  • 5135 Actors and comedians
  • 5136 Painters, sculptors, and other visual artists

Technical occupations in art, culture, recreation, and sport (Major Group 52):

521 Technical occupations in libraries, public archives, museums and art galleries

• 5211 Library and public archive technicians
  • 5212 Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries

522 Photographers, graphic arts technicians and technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts

• 5221 Photographers
  • 5222 Film and video camera operators
  • 5223 Graphic arts technicians
  • 5224 Broadcast technicians
  • 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
  • 5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts
  • 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts

523 Announcers and other performers, n.e.c.

• 5231 Announcers and other broadcasters
  • 5232 Other performers, n.e.c.

524 Creative designers and craftspersons

• 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
  • 5242 Interior designers and interior decorators
  • 5243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers
  • 5244 Artisans and craftspersons
  • 5245 Patternmakers – textile, leather and fur products

525 Athletes, coaches, referees and related occupations

• 5251 Athletes
  • 5252 Coaches
  • 5253 Sports officials and referees
  • 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport, and fitness

Last edited:
Reactions: aamy110

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Aren’t NOCs for the self employment stream under the arts, culture and sports NOCs (51 & 52) since the purpose of the program is that you can make a significant cultural or sporting contribution? Most are photographers, writers, artists etc. Clarify with a consultant or lawyer because processing times are a couple of years. So you don’t want to wait 2 years and find out your NOC is ineligible. Your NOC is a common NOC under Express Entry and PNP programs, and many of those people are self employed. You can use self employment as your skilled work experience. Your NOC is also under PNP programs such as the OINP (has tech draws) and BC Tech program.

Eligible Occupations under Self-Employed Persons Program

Professional occupations in art and culture (Major Group 51 of NOC):

511 Librarians, archivists, conservators and curators

• 5111 Librarians
  • 5112 Conservators and curators
  • 5113 Archivists

512 Writing, translating and related communications professionals

• 5121 Authors and writers
  • 5122 Editors
  • 5123 Journalists
  • 5125 Translators, terminologists, and interpreters

513 Creative and performing artists

• 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
  • 5132 Conductors, composers, and arrangers
  • 5133 Musicians and singers
  • 5134 Dancers
  • 5135 Actors and comedians
  • 5136 Painters, sculptors, and other visual artists

Technical occupations in art, culture, recreation, and sport (Major Group 52):

521 Technical occupations in libraries, public archives, museums and art galleries

• 5211 Library and public archive technicians
  • 5212 Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries

522 Photographers, graphic arts technicians and technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts

• 5221 Photographers
  • 5222 Film and video camera operators
  • 5223 Graphic arts technicians
  • 5224 Broadcast technicians
  • 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
  • 5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts
  • 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts

523 Announcers and other performers, n.e.c.

• 5231 Announcers and other broadcasters
  • 5232 Other performers, n.e.c.

524 Creative designers and craftspersons

• 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
  • 5242 Interior designers and interior decorators
  • 5243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers
  • 5244 Artisans and craftspersons
  • 5245 Patternmakers – textile, leather and fur products

525 Athletes, coaches, referees and related occupations

• 5251 Athletes
  • 5252 Coaches
  • 5253 Sports officials and referees
  • 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport, and fitness
I believe my NOC falls under Self Employed - Check this screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/ElAMLmIBRVejt7quVA3YzHqFEtqvS4

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I believe my NOC falls under Self Employed - Check this screenshot https://monosnap.com/file/ElAMLmIBRVejt7quVA3YzHqFEtqvS4
You are missing the point. All jobs can be self employed. The self employment stream is for cultural and arts professionals with NOCS with 51 and 52 numbers. 2175 is not a NOC eligible for the self employment stream. Consult a lawyer or consultant. As per the program purpose…

Your experience is relevant if you have:
  • taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
  • been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
These are NOCs in the 51 and 52 streams. It is on the website. Apply through Express Entry or PNP.

Last edited:

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You are missing the point. All jobs can be self employed. The self employment stream is for cultural and arts professionals with NOCS with 51 and 52 numbers. 2175 is not a NOC eligible for the self employment stream. Consult a lawyer or consultant. As per the program purpose…

Your experience is relevant if you have:
  • taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
  • been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics
These are NOCs in the 51 and 52 streams. It is on the website. Apply through Express Entry or PNP.
Okay. I get your point. And, I think whatever you are saying is making complete sense as per the eligibility criteria. But, are you 100% sure on this? Because, nowhere there is written than only NOCs starting with 51 and 52 are eligible. It is all speculation unless and until you have read it somewhere or are 100% sure. Thanks for your info.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay. I get your point. And, I think whatever you are saying is making complete sense as per the eligibility criteria. But, are you 100% sure on this? Because, nowhere there is written than only NOCs starting with 51 and 52 are eligible. It is all speculation unless and until you have read it somewhere or are 100% sure. Thanks for your info.
Get a lawyer or consultant opinion as 2175 is not a cultural or atheltic NOC which is the purpose of the Self Employment Program. It is not for all self employed people. From the IRCC website:

Under the Self-Employed Persons Program, what does cultural activities mean?
Cultural activities include jobs generally seen as part of Canada’s artistic and cultural fields. Examples include:

• authors and writers,
  • creative and performing artists,
  • musicians,
  • painters,
  • sculptors and other visual artists,
  • technical support and other jobs in motion pictures,
  • creative designers and
  • craftspeople.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) provides a full list of qualifying activities for self-employed persons. Check the link under 5. 2175 is a technical not cultural NOC. Hate to see you spend thousands of dollars to apply and wait 2 years to be told your NOC is not eligible.

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Noc 2175 is actually not qualified but there is another noc within the noc 5...which is meant for web designers, you can search for it in the noc website but don't mistakely present 2175 because it is a dead end

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Noc 2175 is actually not qualified but there is another noc within the noc 5...which is meant for web designers, you can search for it in the noc website but don't mistakely present 2175 because it is a dead end
You are referring to 5241 which is graphic designers and illustrators. Web designers is NOC 2175. It would be a stretch to change to that NOC.

Reactions: nishant.t

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
IMO, the NOC code itself may not automatically lead to refusal, as the list 'is not a definitive or exhaustive list'.

Although we've all seen refusal cases here where the applicant, coincidentally or not, claimed experiences under a NOC that does not begin with 5... I believe it still depends on what the applicant is submitting as proof/ how is he/she presenting... etc. to convince the officer that his/her relevant experiences fall under the definition of the self-employed persons class.

What worries me here is, it seems that our applicant here has misinterpreted the definition of the class (re #5). It is not JUST self-employed, but self-employed experience UNDER the cultural/ athletic field. It's very specific. I am worried whether he/she has submitted sufficient proof of evidence to demonstrate his/her eligibility.

@nishant.t , I hope you have read through: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/self-employed-persons/assessing-application-against-selection-criteria.html

What @Naturgrl said in #4 is very true that, as the current processing time is up to 37 months (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), no one would want to spend that amount of time waiting before realizing that they aren't qualified for the program.

Reactions: nishant.t

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IMO, the NOC code itself may not automatically lead to refusal, as the list 'is not a definitive or exhaustive list'.

Although we've all seen refusal cases here where the applicant, coincidentally or not, claimed experiences under a NOC that does not begin with 5... I believe it still depends on what the applicant is submitting as proof/ how is he/she presenting... etc. to convince the officer that his/her relevant experiences fall under the definition of the self-employed persons class.

What worries me here is, it seems that our applicant here has misinterpreted the definition of the class (re #5). It is not JUST self-employed, but self-employed experience UNDER the cultural/ athletic field. It's very specific. I am worried whether he/she has submitted sufficient proof of evidence to demonstrate his/her eligibility.

@nishant.t , I hope you have read through: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/self-employed-persons/assessing-application-against-selection-criteria.html

What @Naturgrl said in #4 is very true that, as the current processing time is up to 37 months (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html), no one would want to spend that amount of time waiting before realizing that they aren't qualified for the program.
Very good synopsis. I assume that the OP has researched the program thoroughly and did not just pick the self employment stream because NOC 2175 states that you can be self employed. NOC 2175 is a tech NOC (and highly sought after in PNPs) but if the OP can demonstrate his or her work in the cultural field (works in film, theatre, arts programs) then may be eligible.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Very good synopsis. I assume that the OP has researched the program thoroughly and did not just pick the self employment stream because NOC 2175 states that you can be self employed. NOC 2175 is a tech NOC (and highly sought after in PNPs) but if the OP can demonstrate his or her work in the cultural field (works in film, theatre, arts programs) then may be eligible.
Agreed.

Jan 12, 2022
Mathematics has been the most intriguing subject for students since ages. The field of mathematics is flourishing swiftly and branching out to all spheres of life. maths olympiad books for class 1 covers topics such as Number and Arithmetic, Algebra and Patterns, Measures and Units, Space and Geometry and Chance and Data. The questions asked are tricky and conceptual which helps students gain a broader and thorough understanding of the topic. These exams also aid in cultivating analytical thinking among young learners.