Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi guys, I've been reading a lot of pages on this thread and just wanted to say a big thank you for all the contributions! It is a lot easier to understand than some of the instructions I've found elsewhere, especially as there are so many ways/streams/PNP systems!

I have a quick question - I have spoken to a consultant or two and been advised I could apply under Express Entry, but I see I could also apply under Self-Employed? Can I simply do both or are you restricted to one application at a time?
Yeah Consultants will push for EE.
In my very limited experience of applying both Express Entry and Self Employed application, save money and do the application yourself. Unless you have a legal issue, then get a "lawyer" - other than that, a lot of information is available online...the application is lengthy but straightforward and simple.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
I just received an update!

31 Oct 2018 - application sent
5 Nov 2018 - application received
1 Feb 2019 - AOR
18 Feb 2019 - AOR LVO Singapore office
14 March 2019 - request for medicals, police checks, rprf

I’m so excited!!! We hope for a new future with Canada...
Congratulations!!!!! Thank God for such speed. What is your occupation and what documents did you submit? This can be useful to others in your field considering this stream

Reactions: Nishashah

Runroad

Dec 14, 2018
5133 musicians and singers
I teach music privately in Singapore.

I submitted whatever that was being asked for(important documents, business plan) and didn’t submit whatever that wasn’t asked for (proofs of funds, assets).

My take(guess) on this stream is, as we are all self employed, paying your taxes all this time makes it credible in your application. And also, how good your business plan is, will strongly determine the success of your application.
Of course there could be external factors such as annual quotas, nationality quotas that we may not know of.

katibelle

Feb 3, 2017
For immigration purpose, you should pass ielts general, not academic one.
Oh, I have already booked and paid for this... my understanding is the academic is harder anyway, so scores should be fine. I already scored 8.5 & 9s last time I did this test 2 years ago, it's just that it will expire on the 18th, so I need to renew it.

As a side note - my forms say to mail the application to Nova Scotia, but I see people here commenting (like above) about it going to more local offices? Does it get sent from Nova Scotia to a local office they deem more reasonable to my locale?

Runroad

Dec 14, 2018
Not too sure if they will award you any marks under the academic stream because it’s stated very clearly it’s the general test that they will award marks for. Legally they can’t, if I’m not wrong.

You have to send your application to Nova Scotia, before it gets transferred to your local visa office. If you sent your applications anywhere else I think it’ll most likely be returned.

All the best man

Reactions: Nornor

katibelle

Feb 3, 2017
Not too sure if they will award you any marks under the academic stream because it’s stated very clearly it’s the general test that they will award marks for. Legally they can’t, if I’m not wrong.

You have to send your application to Nova Scotia, before it gets transferred to your local visa office. If you sent your applications anywhere else I think it’ll most likely be returned.

All the best man
Thank you! I guess I'll find out... I find it hard to believe an officer would view an academic test result with less credibility than a general, lets hope they don't get technical! According to the website, academic is harder and for higher learning than the general.

Just read that they send it from Nova Scotia to the local office... which I assume would probably be Australia for me, or here in New Zealand.

I'm also doing our family's medical exams over the next week or so, and have requested the police checks too, so should be good to go in the next fortnight I hope!

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Thank you! I guess I'll find out... I find it hard to believe an officer would view an academic test result with less credibility than a general, lets hope they don't get technical! According to the website, academic is harder and for higher learning than the general.

Just read that they send it from Nova Scotia to the local office... which I assume would probably be Australia for me, or here in New Zealand.

I'm also doing our family's medical exams over the next week or so, and have requested the police checks too, so should be good to go in the next fortnight I hope!
They only accept General IELTS for Express Entry.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

AND General also for self employed application:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html#language

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra

Hi, its not about whether or not you find it hard to believe but truth is your application will most likely be returned as incomplete without the specified ielts type - General. That the academic test is tougher than general is really not relevant to the immigration process. The requirements clearly say GENERAL. Best wishes

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
I got mail that your file is in que now what thats mean
I apply in self employment
Was the mail sent randomly or it was a response to a mail you sent? Being in queue means its in queue for processing i.e in line

Nishashah

Mar 11, 2019
Was the mail sent randomly or it was a response to a mail you sent? Being in queue means its in queue for processing i.e in line
It was from Canada cic actually some agent submit our document.. so in response we got mail.. that your file in queue so I am asking is our file is accepted or still more step to go..

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
It was from Canada cic actually some agent submit our document.. so in response we got mail.. that your file in queue so I am asking is our file is accepted or still more step to go..
Okay simply put your file has not yet been processed. It will be processed when it gets to your turn and only then will you know what the outcome is. If you submitted via paperbased the first step would be to get Acknowledgment of Receipt which confirms completeness of your documents, next will be medical request and then passport request for successful applicants. Hope this helps

Nishashah

Mar 11, 2019
Okay simply put your file has not yet been processed. It will be processed when it gets to your turn and only then will you know what the outcome is. If you submitted via paperbased the first step would be to get Acknowledgment of Receipt which confirms completeness of your documents, next will be medical request and then passport request for successful applicants. Hope this helps

Oh.. It's just starting and iam so desperate hehehe.. :)

Thankyou for your reply

Reactions: Nornor