+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Runroad

Dec 14, 2018
Jimshady congratulations, keep us posted about your journeys when you land.

I just got an update on the status stating that we have passed our medicals. So the wait continues............

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Jimshady congratulations, keep us posted about your journeys when you land.

I just got an update on the status stating that we have passed our medicals. So the wait continues............
Thankyou Runroad.
Yeah i have a baby due in 2 months, so will be doing some things again (COPR/medical for baby). therefore anticipated date of departure (via homeland) is somewhere in Sep/Oct.

HiraKhan

Apr 12, 2019
For reference here is my timeline:
Total time: 3 months 1 day
  • AOR: 16 Jan 2019 (Application Sent: 11 Oct 2018)
  • Biometrics: 1 Mar
  • Additional Information: 28 Feb - 15 Mar
  • Medical Request: 4 Mar
  • Medical Done: 13 Mar
  • PPR: 27 Mar
  • COPR: 17 Apr 2019

Few points i had issues with which added to slight delays:
  • My physical address was incorrect in the beginning so the biometric letter was lost - had to request again.
  • Additional requests/documents caused hiccups in the timeline: Property valuations, additional family form update/history/questions
So I was expecting a 24 month timeline for this. I applied and forget about the application till AOR - then things moved very quickly.
Well that's great. Congratulations.

Reactions: jimshady

HiraKhan

Apr 12, 2019
Thankyou Runroad.
Yeah i have a baby due in 2 months, so will be doing some things again (COPR/medical for baby). therefore anticipated date of departure (via homeland) is somewhere in Sep/Oct.
Can i send you message? if you dont mind. need some info Thanks

prabh0012

Apr 4, 2019
For reference here is my timeline:
Total time: 3 months 1 day
  • AOR: 16 Jan 2019 (Application Sent: 11 Oct 2018)
  • Biometrics: 1 Mar
  • Additional Information: 28 Feb - 15 Mar
  • Medical Request: 4 Mar
  • Medical Done: 13 Mar
  • PPR: 27 Mar
  • COPR: 17 Apr 2019

Few points i had issues with which added to slight delays:
  • My physical address was incorrect in the beginning so the biometric letter was lost - had to request again.
  • Additional requests/documents caused hiccups in the timeline: Property valuations, POF, additional family form update/history/questions
So I was expecting a 24 month timeline for this. I applied and forget about the application till AOR - then things moved very quickly.
many many congratulation dear
wish you more success and also help us all if we get issue anywhere :D

Next month end i will do my IELTS WITH my wife

Reactions: jimshady

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
many many congratulation dear
wish you more success and also help us all if we get issue anywhere :D

Next month end i will do my IELTS WITH my wife
Good luck on your Ielts....ill help as much as possible.

Onlyng

Oct 29, 2017
hello house i
i have been reading through the threads and i am happy to find out the processing times for some people is very fast compared to the 23 months written on the site. i am applying as a librarian in a school with 8yrs experience. i want to find out the stage at which the proof of fund is demanded. i went through the application guide and saw nothing on when to submit the proof of fund. so its certainly not at the initial stage. for those who have completed the process, when will it be? so i can start preparing for it. Secondly i don't know how to go about the business plan. i am a paid librarian. do i need to include the business plan? if yes, please i need a sample of how to prepare it. my email address is onlyng30@gmail.com. Thanks for a quick response.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
hello house i
i have been reading through the threads and i am happy to find out the processing times for some people is very fast compared to the 23 months written on the site. i am applying as a librarian in a school with 8yrs experience. i want to find out the stage at which the proof of fund is demanded. i went through the application guide and saw nothing on when to submit the proof of fund. so its certainly not at the initial stage. for those who have completed the process, when will it be? so i can start preparing for it. Secondly i don't know how to go about the business plan. i am a paid librarian. do i need to include the business plan? if yes, please i need a sample of how to prepare it. my email address is onlyng30@gmail.com. Thanks for a quick response.
Have you confirmed if you are eligible to apply under the self employed category? Here are the categories:
1) Self-employment in cultural activities
The phrase “cultural activities” covers a lot of professions and occupations. It includes musicians, artists, film makers, journalists, illustrators and so forth.

“Cultural activities” also include “behind the scenes” individuals such as directors, choreographers, designers, and so forth.

2) Self-employment in athletics
Aside from athletes, this class also includes coaches and trainers.

3) Self-employment in the purchase and management of a farm.
This is a tough class to succeed in. You must have significant experience in farming and show that you have the skills to succeed in supporting yourself and your family through farming in Canada.

There was no business plan sent with my application.

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
wow! just by reading here it inspire us more..

we are also going to apply under this category and my husband is the principal applicant under noc 5241. my question is about the funds - as of the moment we only have half of the funds required however, what we have in mind is to borrow from the bank and one of our property we'll make it as our collateral in order for the bank to approved our loan quickly as we are thinking this will easily gain us the amount needed by the Canadian government. When done, we will start filling out the self employed form and submit all the required documents. re Loan - do we have to declare it fro the application form that we've loan a certain amount? Has someone here also done the same thing? I hope someone here can answer my query. Thank you in advance.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
wow! just by reading here it inspire us more..

we are also going to apply under this category and my husband is the principal applicant under noc 5241. my question is about the funds - as of the moment we only have half of the funds required however, what we have in mind is to borrow from the bank and one of our property we'll make it as our collateral in order for the bank to approved our loan quickly as we are thinking this will easily gain us the amount needed by the Canadian government. When done, we will start filling out the self employed form and submit all the required documents. re Loan - do we have to declare it fro the application form that we've loan a certain amount? Has someone here also done the same thing? I hope someone here can answer my query. Thank you in advance.
Yes, you have to declare it when you fill the financial section - all bank accounts, loans, credit cards, etc must be disclosed. It's not so they can refuse you. They just want to make sure you have adequate unencumbered funds to immigrate. If your liabilities outweigh assets though, this will be a red flag so plan accordingly. HTH.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
hello house i
You may want to recheck if you are eligible for the self-employed program before you start putting anything together. This link explains it in detail - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6. Also check post #467