+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security check question

ridwanzk

Jan 5, 2017
Does Criminality check take longer when u have a busy travel history including china with whom canada has a bad relationship now??

I also have denied entry to US and denied visa twice to US. Could this also be the reason that my application is taking this long?

Received this message from Mp Goodale

Dear R - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Apr 11, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality in progress.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Apr 2020.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

Office of the Hon. Ralph Goodale, MP

Regina-Wascana

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The answer to your questions at the top: yes.

Especially since China's record keeping is not centralized, and each place you lived there may have different records.

Being denied entry and visas to the US will also complicate matters. Why were you denied?

ridwanzk

Jan 5, 2017
hello. I did not have hotel reservation. We were going to take a cheap motel and tour the ny city and go back to Canada. We were on budget. I think it was suspicious for them that 3 of us college students were traveling to US by car through canada-us border with no booking.

The answer to your questions at the top: yes.

Especially since China's record keeping is not centralized, and each place you lived there may have different records.

Being denied entry and visas to the US will also complicate matters. Why were you denied?

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
If the criminality check is concerned with the travel history so what about the security check?