+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Wife Sponsorship after Divorce

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You guys are just abusing the immigration system I swear, 90% of the ppl I see on here are all from India and always asking some sketchy questions. Hard working honest people having a hard time getting PR while some literally abuse the system and get what they want.

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
I applied for her visa in 2021 and as we were having problems we decide to withdraw her file before it gets approve. She never got her visa and she never even came to Canada

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
Did you sponsor your 1st wife under spousal sponsorship, and if so, when did she become a PR?
I applied for her visa in 2021 and as we were having problems we decide to withdraw her file before it gets approve. She never got her visa and she never even came to Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Then there is no waiting period, you just need to meet the current requirements, divorce finalized before marriage, have your marriage certificate, etc. As a second marriage, you do want to show well that this second marriage is genuine, which may make it prudent to spend more time together, but that's not a waiting period.

Also note: if you get married abroad, as a PR you have to submit the sponsorship app when you are in Canada physically.

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
Then there is no waiting period, you just need to meet the current requirements, divorce finalized before marriage, have your marriage certificate, etc. As a second marriage, you do want to show well that this second marriage is genuine, which may make it prudent to spend more time together, but that's not a waiting period.

Also note: if you get married abroad, as a PR you have to submit the sponsorship app when you are in Canada physically.
I went to India and got married in Jan 2020 and after that got stuck there due to Covid. After that we were having problems so I didn't came back to Canada. I withdraw her file from CIC in March 2022 and applied for divorce in April 2022 and came back to Canada in Sept 2022 and court finalize our divorce in Dec 2022.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I went to India and got married in Jan 2020 and after that got stuck there due to Covid. After that we were having problems so I didn't came back to Canada. I withdraw her file from CIC in March 2022 and applied for divorce in April 2022 and came back to Canada in Sept 2022 and court finalize our divorce in Dec 2022.
I assume you are in compliance with the resdiency obligation? (You have not been out of Canada more than 1095 days since you became a PR in 2019?)

If you are even close to that, you should limit your time out of Canada. If you are out of or become out of compliance, you might have issues.

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
I assume you are in compliance with the resdiency obligation? (You have not been out of Canada more than 1095 days since you became a PR in 2019?)

If you are even close to that, you should limit your time out of Canada. If you are out of or become out of compliance, you might have issues.
Thats not an issue anymore. My PR card is getting expire in June 2024 but I already renewed my PR card and already got my physical renewed card with me.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thats not an issue anymore. My PR card is getting expire in June 2024 but I already renewed my PR card and already got my physical renewed card with me.
Doesn't matter if you have a new card. CBSA and IRCC can check your RO every time you cross the border or when you apply to sponsor.

btw you never mentioned when you got married to your second wife. I hope it's after your first marriage is finalized. Otherwise, Canada do not recongize it.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you mean it's not an issue because you are well in compliance (and therefore have a new card), sure.

If you're not in compliance - mostly irrelevant that you have a new card. And note - being in compliance at the point when you renewed your card is irrelevant, too - what's relevant is being in compliance when you apply to sponsor.

Reactions: YVR123

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
Doesn't matter if you have a new card. CBSA and IRCC can check your RO every time you cross the border or when you apply to sponsor.

btw you never mentioned when you got married to your second wife. I hope it's after your first marriage is finalized. Otherwise, Canada do not recongize it.
I'm planning to visit India in the beginning of 2024 for my marriage

kaujlasukh

Jan 16, 2024
There's no waiting period after marriage to sponsor a spouse, though there is a 5 year waiting period after being sponsored. He can sponsor someone as a PR if he is in Canada when he makes the application. He can sponsor someone from anywhere in the world once he has his citizenship.

He should be prepared to demonstrate that the relationship is genuine.
but what is the waiting time in same situation if second wife in canada also is she can get PR from him?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
like if someone got divorced from his first wife but he is PR
then aftre he wants to marry another girl who is already in canada can she get PR by marrying him or not
or there is some waiting oeriod too
No one will get PR by marrying a PR. PR needs to apply to sponsor a new spouse.

About waiting period, it depends how he got PR and how long has him since being sponsored/sponsored his previous spouse.
Without any information, we cannot "guess" if he can sponsor his new spouse.

Lisa25

Feb 14, 2024
Same situation,
I sponsor my ex husband (he’s in PH,i’m in CA) 2 years ago but I withdraw the application (financial and economic abuse) before he get his permanent residency and he didn’t even get here in CA. Divorced.
Can i sponsor my new partner now or should i wait for 5years ? we’re living together here in Canada.