+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second Wife Sponsorship after Divorce

juhi1601

Nov 4, 2021
How long did he spend on Canada after they landed? When did you get married? If he landed and they split up soon after there will certainly be more scrutiny of your application.
He was in canada for good 6 months and after that he flew back to NZ as there was covid and he couldnt find work. Its not only he landed. The both completed the landing on the same day and infact the PR cards have the same issue date. Its not a suspicious activity but its just how things went. They both were in a 11 long year relationship.

juhi1601

Nov 4, 2021
The five year rule doesn't apply. He can sponsor you now.

Fire the consultant. She should have figured this out and is completely incompetent. If you paid any money, ask for it back. Blinding incompetence...

The five year rule only applies to situations where someone obtained PR through spousal sponsorship.
Also if i want to travel with him on a visitor visa can i do that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also if i want to travel with him on a visitor visa can i do that?
Yes, you can do that if you have a valid TRV.

As others have said, since he is a PR, he can't submit the application to sponsor you until he has moved back to Canada.

juhi1601

Nov 4, 2021
Yes, you can do that if you have a valid TRV.

As others have said, since he is a PR, he can't submit the application to sponsor you until he has moved back to Canada.
Yes, I completely understand that and just for more clarifications is there any required length of stay for Permanent Resident? and for visitor visa he should be residing Canada as well or i can apply on my behalf?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I completely understand that and just for more clarifications is there any required length of stay for Permanent Resident? and for visitor visa he should be residing Canada as well or i can apply on my behalf?
He must be compliant with his residency requirement (2 out of 5 years) to sponsor you and must remain in Canada during the sponsorship. He also must show he can support his family without government help. It can be very difficult for spouses of PRs and citizens to get TRVs to come to Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

juhi1601

Nov 4, 2021
He must be compliant with his residency requirement (2 out of 5 years) to sponsor you and must remain in Canada during the sponsorship. He also must show he can support his family without government help. It can be very difficult for spouses of PRs and citizens to get TRVs to come to Canada.
thanks for the update but i dont know how robust your information is as i have more than 3 friends who went on a TRV to visit their partners

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for the update but i dont know how robust your information is as i have more than 3 friends who went on a TRV to visit their partners
Chances are probably 50/50. It will somewhat depend on the strength of your profile. We do see many refusals on this forum unfortunately.

Read through the posts in the Visitors section before you apply to make sure you put together a strong application.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They likely got TRVs before they were married. Canada was more flexible during covid when it came to issuing TRVs to spouses. If you can prove that you will be only going for a short visit and you have very strong ties to your home country like a good job, property, etc. and have a good international travel history to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. chances are higher.

sowmya55

Jun 9, 2022
HI all,

Please help me with below problem,

I was sponsored by my husband in 2019 dec we got divorced in 2022 feb, after 8 years of marriage. we had no kids
Now I have decided to remarry, can i marry? as the boy is still in india?
i am aware that i'll not be able to sponsor him till 2024 dec(5 year sponsorship ban), but my questions is

1. since i am Canada with PR and my second husband will be india till 2024 even after marriage, will it be of any concern during sponsorship in 2024?
2. or should i get married after this 5 year sponsorship ban?
3. is there anyway i can at least sponsorship visitor visa during this sponsorship ban?
4. my second husband is 6 years younger to me, will that be of concern to cic for sponsorship, but i really love him and want to marry him?
5. what additional proof can i keep ready for sponsorship apart from below:
marriage certificate,
wedding photos,
travel and trip details,
texts nd call details,
bank transaction?

please guide me

Last edited:

Anudhiman

Jan 4, 2021
If wife have sponsored husband for Canadian PR, when can they get divorce and when can husband remarry without affecting PR status?

Monty_93

Dec 6, 2023
Hello guys,
I came to Canada as a student and got my PR in May 2019 and got married in Jan 2020. Due to some reason I have to give divorce to my 1st wife. I withdraw her file from CIC in March 2022 and got divorce in Dec 2022. Now I want to Sponcer my 2nd wife in Jan 2024 who lives in india. How long do I have to wait so I can sponcer her?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys,
I came to Canada as a student and got my PR in May 2019 and got married in Jan 2020. Due to some reason I have to give divorce to my 1st wife. I withdraw her file from CIC in March 2022 and got divorce in Dec 2022. Now I want to Sponcer my 2nd wife in Jan 2024 who lives in india. How long do I have to wait so I can sponcer her?
Did you sponsor your 1st wife under spousal sponsorship, and if so, when did she become a PR?