+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second draw already done

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
bj291 said:
I would disagree with you on that...unless the rest of the provinces have their EE nomination system completely set up or the job bank is fully functional - I don't think the number of candidates having those extra 600 points would be growing each week. Infact - the pool of candidates having those extra 600 pts advantage will shrink week by week and then the CIC would have to go lower in points to fill labor shortages. Now they can always delay the rounds unless they find people over 600 pts but it will be just hard to find such ppl after another 3-4 rounds...so either they lower the points in order to reach their target number of ITAs or they lower the target number of ITAs itself for the year.
I dont think Job Bank will not provide any additional benefits to the candidates. If an Employer is supporting to the PR for an employee then there is a chance for employer for free LMIA option which will be approved in 10 days, but the candidate can not work until he/she has been issued PR. this will take 6 months. I have over 10+ years of experience and with my knowledge I can say no employer can wait for 6 months for a position.And the other option is regular LMIA which is a tedious process Job has to be posted for a month and employer potentially has to interview the candidates etc. This is my understanding.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_CEC2410 said:
I dont think Job Bank will not provide any additional benefits to the candidates. If an Employer is supporting to the PR for an employee then there is a chance for employer for free LMIA option which will be approved in 10 days, but the candidate can not work until he/she has been issued PR. this will take 6 months. I have over 10+ years of experience and with my knowledge I can say no employer can wait for 6 months for a position.And the other option is regular LMIA which is a tedious process Job has to be posted for a month and employer potentially has to interview the candidates etc. This is my understanding.
For most foreign workers applying from outside Canada, via EE FSW, if they get a job offer through jobbank, the job ad would already have been floating for days, perhaps weeks. It would then be just a matter of completing the paperwork for the employer, when both the employer and the job seeker agree on something to go forward with.

For people opting for CEC, this might cause delays or other side affects.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
In a way., not getting an ITA, yet, is a good thing for me personally.

a) There is no way I'd be able to get PCC from US. Site says its 12 to 14 weeks now.
b) I still have not met the 52 week IN CANADA yet the EE system awards me one year worth of In canada points.

I guess panic will start kicking in once I meet 52 weeks and two draws pass by without ITA.
I will keep my eye open for future draws.

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
rakikira said:
I got my ITA ;D ;D ;D

EE Profile submitted: Feb 6th 2015
Overall Score: 1029
Got Invitation: Feb 7th 2015

I hope and pray for: In Future draws, CIC will reduce the cut-off points to 100, and all my PGWP friends will get a chance to participate in Draws.... :)

All the best friends :)
congrats!

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
tdot_guy said:
where di u find this audio, its so helpful
Thanks tdot_guy.. was generally researching online when i stumbled upon this audio.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANCANADA said:
Just found this link

https://instaud.io/4dB

hopefully after listening to this it will clear the doubts of many of you in this forum about EE and its draws
Lengthy, but quite a bit stressed on that audio. Thanks CANCANADA

1: Employers looking to hire temporary workers in Canada must first consider Canadians and P.R first. Hence, LMIA.

2: For permanent residence to Canada there are no established limits on LMIA that Employment and Social Dev. of Canada can issue in any year. It depends entirely on the job offer issued by the Canadian employers.

3: Historically 3000 LMIAs have been issued in the past but only 1200 was issued last year.

I think they should hold a news briefing like this audio more frequently.

BeirutJoe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
There were no draw made on feb 7! that is final! It is irrelevant that the score is only being shown when u click on 1 link only!
no need to explain further more;cic stated couple of days ago that the next draw will be held in couple of weeks ! Final

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir, CIC's website mentions the second round of ITAs have been sent. It mentions the lowest score for the draw (i.e., 818). It also mentions the number of people who the ITAs have been sent to (i.e., 779).

Its on the ministerial instructions page, under the 2nd heading (i.e., Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system)

It also has a link to the previous draw/ITAs, at the end.

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
Papa Bomboy said:
Lengthy, but quite a bit stressed on that audio. Thanks CANCANADA

1: Employers looking to hire temporary workers in Canada must first consider Canadians and P.R first. Hence, LMIA.

2: For permanent residence to Canada there are no established limits on LMIA that Employment and Social Dev. of Canada can issue in any year. It depends entirely on the job offer issued by the Canadian employers.

3: Historically 3000 LMIAs have been issued in the past but only 1200 was issued last year.

I think they should hold a news briefing like this audio more frequently.
Thanks Papa Bomboy

Yes they do hold such conferences regularly...its just a matter of chance to find these links as they don't make them public so easily.

candy00

Sep 9, 2013
I have two friends, and they have more than 825 points, but they didn't receive ITA. They are eligible to two categories and, me too. Just do NOT give any wrong info guys!

betorocks

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
BeirutJoe said:
There were no draw made on feb 7! that is final! It is irrelevant that the score is only being shown when u click on 1 link only!
no need to explain further more;cic stated couple of days ago that the next draw will be held in couple of weeks ! Final
There actually was a draw..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
bj291 said:
Well I have seen some candidates in the spreadsheet with scores in high 700s too. They might be next. I personally feel - if someone is getting only 180-250 points on core factors after excluding their 600 points from job offer - then how are they going to contribute to the economy when they either don't have qualification nor language skill nor any other trade certification? I mean they can get on an average 80-90 points just for the age factor. So their other factors would have hardly given them any points. Hard to believe how much importance this new EE system is putting on having a job offer or PNP unlike Australia's new system...
That is too much of a stretch of imagination without knowing the details of many aspects. Many people have Ph.D's but don't want to waste time and money to get educational equivalence if they have canadian job and experience and know they can go without it. Say their spouse also has a Phd. but didn't care to get her ECA and language test. That took off another 50 points or so. Cut some more for age among other factors - and you are down to a much lower score fitting your imagined profile of a 250 (if you take out LMIA scores). No one cares about scoring 1100 or higher as long as they know they would make it due to the 600 for LMIA. They might actually be far more skilled and qualified than any of you are. Just don't rant based upon your limited understanding of a situation since it is slightly unfavorable to you.

I certainly sympathize with the uncertainty PGWP holders have, but i think you guys are over doing it. There would be a sharp drop in scores once LMIA ones are through and there would ultimately be far more people selected without LMIA's compared to those who have. Good luck.

joybrc

Jan 2, 2015
I also find it nearly impossible for someone from the Nurses category to get a job since to work as a registered Nurse in Canada one need to have a valid Canadian registration. And to the best of my understanding its a very difficult exam to clear and only allows 3 attempts per candidate. So i see it very unlikely for a nurse to get a job offer.
Any thoughts???