+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

second draw already done

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first draw was 886.
from 1200 --> 886 only 779 people qualified. ( obviously, scoring above 1100, you've to be godly! lolzzz)

Second draw was 818.
from 886 --> 818, 779 people qualified.
Ity means, there are more people in the 800's than between 900-1200.
Hence, the lower the CRS goes, 4 times more pleople are probable to qualify as compared to its previous CRS Score-Rank.

If, CIC keeps up the 779 number alive, the drop might only be somewhere in the high 790's, that's my opinion.

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Like many in this thread, I am unable to see the second set of ministerial instructions through normal browsing (though I can see the page on "Previous" instructions english/department/mi/ita.asp)

If I look through the proxy server (free-proxyserver) suggested earlier in the thread, I can see the 2nd set of instructions. Also, I found them in Google's cache.

Today I called the CIC call centre (press 7 for express entry) and asked a call centre agent about this. "Pascal" said there was only one draw on January 31st. I told her to look at the Google cache of the page (showing the 2nd draw). She saw it and said it was probably an error.

Has anyone else talked to the call centre? I know seniors on the forum got ITA ... now I am confused about this ghost draw ???

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
copypaper said:
Like many in this thread, I am unable to see the second set of ministerial instructions through normal browsing (though I can see the page on "Previous" instructions english/department/mi/ita.asp)

If I look through the proxy server (free-proxyserver) suggested earlier in the thread, I can see the 2nd set of instructions. Also, I found them in Google's cache.

Today I called the CIC call centre (press 7 for express entry) and asked a call centre agent about this. "Pascal" said there was only one draw on January 31st. I told her to look at the Google cache of the page (showing the 2nd draw). She saw it and said it was probably an error.

Has anyone else talked to the call centre? I know seniors on the forum got ITA ... now I am confused about this ghost draw ???
wow, this is fun :D a mystey not just plain boring bureaucratic process, CIC is amusing :)

betorocks

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
copypaper said:

I haven't Call but you can check :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

Also, some forum members, said they received ITA on feb 7

joybrc

Jan 2, 2015
@Copypaper check the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-express#mi-express

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
A good number of people received ITA's by error (pun intended) along with ministry publishing the number of candidates drawn along with points.

Seems like too big an error - (that was sarcastic).

I know at least one guy personally who received ITA last night.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
betorocks said:
I haven't Call but you can check :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

Also, some forum members, said they received ITA on feb 7
yes you can check if you are able to see the info.
I cannot see anything about Feb 7 draw at home (Alberta) on 3 different devices.
I could see the info on my work computer which has BC IP as a server is in BC
When I checked my tablet, (the same I use at home in the morning in Alberta, but now using my work network ) I could see Feb 7 draw. :)
When I came back home and checked the website again on my tablet ........... nothing!!!!!!! :)

And my friend got ITA on Saturday (872 points or so)

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
the_lion said:
How many points do you have MONKUCHA ?
LESS THAN 350 BUT MY EMPLOYER IS GOING TO APPLY FOR LMIA

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I rememeber you from the CEC October Applicants pool. I'm from the same boat.
Pretty sad thing, eh!
I really wish the LMIA works out or they atleast launch CEC specific draws soon!

I'm around 450! without job offer or PNP. Lets see whats gonna happen!?

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
joybrc said:
@ Copypaper check the link [copypaper can't post links, even in quotes ... I checked this link, thank you]
Hi joybrc & others

I checked with my phone and computer in multiple browsers - only showed the January 31st information even when I refreshed.

THEN I disconnected from wifi and used 3G data -- Now I can see the February 7th draw on my phone. :eek:

OK, so there was a second draw with info on the website. Now my new problem is, how to force devices on my work wifi IP addresses to show the updated website. (let's leave aside questions about reading immigration forums and CIC website at work ;) ).

This doesn't answer the question of why the call centre agent told me there was only one draw... :mad:

If someone else calls the call centre today or tomorrow, could they please post their results of what the phone agents tell them. Thanks!

Maybe the lessons I should learn from this are: 1. I am not tech savvy. 2. There are issues with the CIC website. 3. Information from the CIC call centre is not always reliable. :'(

joybrc

Jan 2, 2015
Hi...

I would suggest to hard refresh your browser ie by pressing control + shift +delete... and you should get a pop up box select all and delete.

This essentially clears the cache... i dont think the CC agents are well informed with the latest happenings probably they are instructed to deal with adhoc issues and not the updates.

However Good Luck!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, now again they have taken off that Second draw information. CIC call center says that the draw never happened! Can anyone of you please confirm that for me!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
the_lion said:
Well, now again they have taken off that Second draw information. CIC call center says that the draw never happened! Can anyone of you please confirm that for me!
Are you sure? This is what i still see and i know at least one guy personally who got ITA.

Code:
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #2 – February 7, 2015 11:59:59 UTC

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (February 7, 2015).

Ottawa, February 7, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (February 7, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 7, 2015 and ending on February 8, 2015 is 779.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

Immed

Jan 16, 2015
I commented in the other thread as well but I didn't see it yesterday but I see it now. I just took this screenshot a couple minutes ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2tx958dkpfxqgw/Ministerial%20Instructions%20copy.png?dl=0