+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sealed Police Certificate from Japan?

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Just an update for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation:
After uploading my Japanese police certificate, I ordered gcms note on the 29th of August. The same day I went into IP2 (My background checks were started). On September 6 I got PPR. Luckily may overall wait was not so long.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Did you open sealed envelope after taking permission from CIC?

Nanochi

Oct 3, 2018
I did the same. They replied after couple of weeks mentioning the address to which the PCC should be sent. :)
Hi! May i ask which address did you send your police certificate ‘coz i’ve sent them mine but unfortunately i send it in wrong address and it is almost a month ago but still got no update from them that they have received my certificate. :/

aosgph

Jan 16, 2020
I have the same case. I studied in japan for 5 years and is now working in singapore.
i requested for the japan police clearance from the japan embassy in singapore.
The embassy gave me an envelop and told me that I cannot open it and only the canadian immigration should, as it is the recipient written in the envelop.
What i did is i scanned both sides of the envelop together with the claim form for the police clearance given to me by the embassy as well as an explanation and letter inquiry of whether to open the envelop or to send by courier, and how to go about the the police clearance, and uploaded these which i combined in one pdf in the japan police clearance section.

My AOR was Oct 22. 2019 and they sent me a request letter to open the envelop and scan the police clearance on Nov 9.
I hope this helps.
If i had to go through it again, ill do the same way. ill ask them first what to do with the envelop and wait for them for their request letter to open the envelop and scan and upload the police clearance to the same portal.
All the best on the PR process! still waiting for my results.

ranjithtv

Feb 19, 2020
I have the same case. I studied in japan for 5 years and is now working in singapore.
i requested for the japan police clearance from the japan embassy in singapore.
The embassy gave me an envelop and told me that I cannot open it and only the canadian immigration should, as it is the recipient written in the envelop.
What i did is i scanned both sides of the envelop together with the claim form for the police clearance given to me by the embassy as well as an explanation and letter inquiry of whether to open the envelop or to send by courier, and how to go about the the police clearance, and uploaded these which i combined in one pdf in the japan police clearance section.

My AOR was Oct 22. 2019 and they sent me a request letter to open the envelop and scan the police clearance on Nov 9.
I hope this helps.
If i had to go through it again, ill do the same way. ill ask them first what to do with the envelop and wait for them for their request letter to open the envelop and scan and upload the police clearance to the same portal.
All the best on the PR process! still waiting for my results.
Hello, How long did it took to get the police clearance, I applied from Canada weeks ago still waiting.

ranjithtv

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you Jiro.

I am in the same city with the Japanese embassy but I thought Japanese police department (of the office process the PCC) will send us directly then I concern about courier. If they send back to the embassy/consulate, it's fine for me to go there to pick it.

Can I ask how much is the fee there?
Hello, May I ask, how long it took for you to get the Police clearance letter, I applied a month ago no info yet.