FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi guys,
Those who have opened and seen the certificate.... Does Japan PCC have dates on it written? (the period of your stay in the country)

rehinda

Dec 29, 2017
I scanned the envelope and uploaded it together with an explanation, then after 1 week they sent me a request letter asking me to open the envelope, scan and upload it.
I guess there's no problem opening it, but if you want to be extra careful maybe you can try this.
I had a similar experience

(although not for Family Class Sponsorship, that I see this thread is in).

Last edited:

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
Hello All,
Can I request PCC before getting Invitation To Apply from the nearest Japanese Embassy? What documents will they need from me?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
My bad I think I misunderstood.

Ahmed, are you currently in Japan? If not, I can't comment.

If you are, plenty of people got their PCCs without showing the letter of request from IRCC specifically asking for it.

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
My bad I think I misunderstood.

Ahmed, are you currently in Japan? If not, I can't comment.

If you are, plenty of people got their PCCs without showing the letter of request from IRCC specifically asking for it.
No, I am in Canada now.

badriyan

Mar 2, 2017
I have travelled to Japan previously on 4 occasions with each trip spanning not more than 3 months (business visa). In total I have been there for about 300 days. Will I need to apply for a police certificate since I read somewhere that police verification is necessary only if you have stayed continuously for more than 6 months in a foreign country. In my case my stay has never exceeded 3 months at a time.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
e I read somewhere that police verification is necessary only if you have stayed continuously for more than 6 months in a foreign country.
This is wrong. The stays are cumulative. Some applicants have a lot of short travels (couple of days each), which adds up to a six months period over the last ten years and therefore have to submit a PCC for the country they visited.

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Hi guys. Please advise.
I submitted documents for Express Entry application and in the Japanese Police certificate section I attached a document stating that I need a request letter from IRCC in order to apply for police certificate from Japan. (I read that I have to do this on:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/japan.html:

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Now I received information letter from IRCC saying that I have 60 days to upload Japanese police certificate. I called the embassy of Japan and they told me that it takes 3 months to get the police certificate! How can that be that i acted exactly according to IRCC guidelines but they give me only 60 days when people from Japanese embassy told me it takes 3 months!
What should I do?

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
Hi guys. Please advise.
I submitted documents for Express Entry application and in the Japanese Police certificate section I attached a document stating that I need a request letter from IRCC in order to apply for police certificate from Japan. (I read that I have to do this on:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/japan.html:

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Now I received information letter from IRCC saying that I have 60 days to upload Japanese police certificate. I called the embassy of Japan and they told me that it takes 3 months to get the police certificate! How can that be that i acted exactly according to IRCC guidelines but they give me only 60 days when people from Japanese embassy told me it takes 3 months!
What should I do?
I think it will take on average 2 months. When I applied for it at the Japan Consulate in Toronto, they told me it will take 2 months but actually I got it after like 50 days which is less than 2 months. I applied for it on Feb. 2nd and I got it on March, 22th.

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys. Please advise.

What should I do?
Hi,

I'm in the same position. IRCC gave me 60 days and the Japanese said that it takes at least two months. I sent IRCC an email but they have not responded yet.

What about you? What did you do?

Thanks.

Jiro

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
Doc's Request.
17-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-03-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2018
The Japanese Consulate in Toronto let us apply for a PCC after showing them our AOR. No problems about needing to wait for the document from IRCC requesting a PCC. Actual PCC arrived 2 months later. We opened the envelope, scanned a copy, and sent in a certified copy.

IRCC had no questions. We got PR earlier this year.

halashwal

Jul 23, 2018
The Japanese Consulate in Toronto let us apply for a PCC after showing them our AOR. No problems about needing to wait for the document from IRCC requesting a PCC. Actual PCC arrived 2 months later. We opened the envelope, scanned a copy, and sent in a certified copy.

IRCC had no questions. We got PR earlier this year.
But I need to submit the documents in less than 60 days. What if the deadline comes and I haven't received the Japanese police certificate yet? Should I upload an explanation letter instead?