+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Many students who applied around 20-25th May are getting their PPRs today.. as per one of the student forums. It seems like IRCC is trying to clear all the May applications as soon as they can to move onto June next.
The problem with this is that the rejection rates are at the highest they've been. Even a small mistake which would've been pardoned before results in a rejection now.

Reactions: Happyloc

peacecottage

Apr 15, 2018
Hello All,
Asking for a friend. He applied on July 1st from India and has his Biometrics done for Sept Intake. But so far no other updates.
Given the backlog for applicants from India, he is planning to defer to Jan '23. Few questions:
a) Once he defers, does he have to reapply for visa/study permit again or if the current one results in a visa stamping, is that good enough for him to enter Canada? Asking this, because the deferral would mean the intake is different from what he originally applied for.
b) If he doesn't need to reapply, does he still need to notify IRCC or some entity before he travels?
c) Also, is there any documentation that clarifies this question authoritatively?

Thanks!

Reactions: afendaw

ssup2406

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
Hello All,
Asking for a friend. He applied on July 1st from India and has his Biometrics done for Sept Intake. But so far no other updates.
Given the backlog for applicants from India, he is planning to defer to Jan '23. Few questions:
a) Once he defers, does he have to reapply for visa/study permit again or if the current one results in a visa stamping, is that good enough for him to enter Canada? Asking this, because the deferral would mean the intake is different from what he originally applied for.
b) If he doesn't need to reapply, does he still need to notify IRCC or some entity before he travels?
c) Also, is there any documentation that clarifies this question authoritatively?

Thanks!
There's a 150 day rule as per the posts on this forum, that if it's less than 150 days there's no need for a fresh application. I could not find documnetation myself.
There's a lot of relevant/related posts if you use the keywords "150 days" in the search section for this forum.

Upadhyayaya

Aug 2, 2022
Thank for this information, maybe am just lucky for my eligibility review to start so early like that, 2 ghost update in second day of my application submission, and eligibility review start after 10days, no update on medical yet, because I didn’t do upfront medical, am hoping to receive medical request soon.
When did you apply?

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Hello, would you pls tell if you know how to contact Edmonton IRCC centre? Their email id? or direct webform link?

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
This link will not tell us which office is handling the application. I think being an applicant from India doesn't mean the file is handled in any of the three offices of India.
I am unable to find an answer to this question of "how to find your file specific visa processing centre?"

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
Students with September 2022 intake...how many of you are planning to defer your admissions?

Reactions: afendaw

Ad123j

Jul 11, 2022
Count from 67 results today, 9 from Mar/Apr applicants, 35 from 1-15/May applicants, 22 from 16-24/May applicants, only 1 from 31-May (87% for May). Seems that IRCC is focusing on cleaning up May backlog.
24th May file lodged, no update received. medical also not updated.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
Count from 67 results today, 9 from Mar/Apr applicants, 35 from 1-15/May applicants, 22 from 16-24/May applicants, only 1 from 31-May (87% for May). Seems that IRCC is focusing on cleaning up May backlog.
Thanks for the update. Is there any official website to check the count