+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Rameshrathod

Apr 30, 2022
I do not have GC key, I have given my mail ID while submitting the application. Agent is authorized IRCC person, then both will get mail or agent only?
Depends on which email address was given in the application. I've applied through IDP in New Delhi, I have full access to my IRCC account.

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
As I count manually from PPR results on 4-Aug, there is still around more than 70% from Mar-Apr and 1st week of May applicants, only nearly 30% from 2nd week of May and later. Those who applied in the 2nd half of May or later should be patient for another 2 wks.
hey, what about mid june applicants ?

adi56a

Jun 30, 2022
I do not have GC key, I have given my mail ID while submitting the application. Agent is authorized IRCC person, then both will get mail or agent only?
You will get the mail in that case. But the mail doesn't say you got PPR. You'll have to login and check.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Hi,

I applied for a Study Permit (SDS) on May 14th. 2022. Medicals Updated on 24th July. After that no updates whatsoever. I'm a PhD Student.
The eligibility Review has not yet started.

Any idea when can I expect a decision ? I have seen lots of late May and Early June applicants getting PPR. Non-SDS applicants are getting decisions within a week for most cases I personally know.

I guess thinking SDS would get processed faster was a totally wrong decision

Happyloc

Aug 4, 2022
Hi,

I applied for a Study Permit (SDS) on May 14th. 2022. Medicals Updated on 24th July. After that no updates whatsoever. I'm a PhD Student.
The eligibility Review has not yet started.

Any idea when can I expect a decision ? I have seen lots of late May and Early June applicants getting PPR. Non-SDS applicants are getting decisions within a week for most cases I personally know.

I guess thinking SDS would get processed faster was a totally wrong decision
I think no one can say for sure when, but CIC says that all applications in May will have results before September.
I joined a group of applications on telegram, https://t.me/Canadapprgrp, "Canada visa timelines", where people update their results. Yesterday August 4, most PPR is May 11 file lodged, many from Apr and Mar, some from June and 1 from July (yes OMG). Hope CIC will keep their promises and clear all May applications in Aug. I applied on June 02 though :(

Happyloc

Aug 4, 2022
FYI
I saw this post on a Facebook group:

Study Permit Processing Update
We are pleased to provide an update on our engagement with the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on the issue of study permit processing
Long delays in the processing of study permits and the impact on the Fall semester were topics of conversation during recent meetings with the senior departmental officials at IRCC. To ensure best possible outcomes for students and institutions, CICan has been recommending that study permit applications be processed based on the program start date rather than on a first come first serve basis.
During our discussions, IRCC provided the following updates, which reflect the status of application as of July 11th:
The current inventory of study permits stands at roughly 180,000 applications with around 47% originating from India.
Of the 180,000 study permit applications in the inventory, around 6% indicate a program start date after September 1st.
This calendar year IRCC has hired 250 additional processing officers with plans to hire more – overtime is being offered to help work through the inventory.
In the first six months of 2022 IRCC processed 292,000 study permits, compared to 248,000 in the same period in 2021 – an increase of about 18%.
IRCC continues to see a significant volume of new applications (around 87,000 in June, most of which are for programs that start in the fall).
IRCC processed close to 70,000 study permit applications in June, a new monthly record, and expects to process as many in July.
Processing times are beginning to decrease, but currently remain at around 12 weeks.
Similar to the processing guarantee issued last summer, IRCC is confident that all study permit applications submitted by the end of May (i.e. within posted processing times of 12 weeks) will be processed in time for students to arrive in Canada and start their studies in the fall.
For the fall intake, IRCC is now prioritizing for processing study permit applications based on the indicated start date of the program.
We will continue to engage with senior departmental officials to check on progress and provide updates to both our International Advisory Committee (IAC) and the broader membership.

misochi

Jul 22, 2022
FYI

We are pleased to provide an update on our engagement with the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on the issue of study permit processing
Long delays in the processing of study permits and the impact on the Fall semester were topics of conversation during recent meetings with the senior departmental officials at IRCC. To ensure best possible outcomes for students and institutions, CICan has been recommending that study permit applications be processed based on the program start date rather than on a first come first serve basis.
During our discussions, IRCC provided the following updates, which reflect the status of application as of July 11th:
The current inventory of study permits stands at roughly 180,000 applications with around 47% originating from India.
Of the 180,000 study permit applications in the inventory, around 6% indicate a program start date after September 1st.
This calendar year IRCC has hired 250 additional processing officers with plans to hire more – overtime is being offered to help work through the inventory.
In the first six months of 2022 IRCC processed 292,000 study permits, compared to 248,000 in the same period in 2021 – an increase of about 18%.
IRCC continues to see a significant volume of new applications (around 87,000 in June, most of which are for programs that start in the fall).
IRCC processed close to 70,000 study permit applications in June, a new monthly record, and expects to process as many in July.
Processing times are beginning to decrease, but currently remain at around 12 weeks.
Similar to the processing guarantee issued last summer, IRCC is confident that all study permit applications submitted by the end of May (i.e. within posted processing times of 12 weeks) will be processed in time for students to arrive in Canada and start their studies in the fall.
For the fall intake, IRCC is now prioritizing for processing study permit applications based on the indicated start date of the program.
We will continue to engage with senior departmental officials to check on progress and provide updates to both our International Advisory Committee (IAC) and the broader membership.
This gave me some hope and eased my tension. I hope IRCC is able to do so and all Fall 22 applicants get their PPR on time

Reactions: Happyloc

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
People who applied in the second half of May have atleast had their medicals updated, while for me (20th May), I have no updates whatsoever.
Should I be concerned?

Reactions: afendaw

Happyloc

Aug 4, 2022
People who applied in the second half of May have atleast had their medicals updated, while for me (20th May), I have no updates whatsoever.
Should I be concerned?
You shouldn't be
As many people here have said, all will be updated when they make decision on your application. It's true for most people got PPR, medical updated same day as PPR.
In the telegram group I join, many applications from early May have nothing updated. Many people got updated weeks ago and still nothing further. So I think there's no rules about it.

aliasgar.s01

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
You shouldn't be
As many people here have said, all will be updated when they make decision on your application. It's true for most people got PPR, medical updated same day as PPR.
In the telegram group I join, many applications from early May have nothing updated. Many people got updated weeks ago and still nothing further. So I think there's no rules about it.
Ironically I was one of the people advocating about those updates happening at the same time, but as the days go by, don't really know what to believe anymore..

sd999

May 9, 2022
FYI

How old is this message on facebook?