+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Can_do

Jul 6, 2022
Hello All,
Asking for a friend. He applied on July 1st from India and has his Biometrics done for Sept Intake. But so far no other updates.
Given the backlog for applicants from India, he is planning to defer to Jan '23. Few questions:
a) Once he defers, does he have to reapply for visa/study permit again or if the current one results in a visa stamping, is that good enough for him to enter Canada? Asking this, because the deferral would mean the intake is different from what he originally applied for.
b) If he doesn't need to reapply, does he still need to notify IRCC or some entity before he travels?
c) Also, is there any documentation that clarifies this question authoritatively?

Thanks!
I have a similar timeline to your friends for my SDS application:
File submitted: 1st July
Biometrics given: 7th July
Medical: not updated (Upfront medicals done: 2nd May)
Background check: in progress
Review of eligibility: in progress; will send a msg when start the review

Looking at the other pending timelines, doesn't look promising for Fall intake :(

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
The processing time for SP from outside Canada is still showing 12 weeks.. so as per this June applications don't hold a chance to get their SP before Sept. Forget about stamping/courier time.

ann.08

Jul 31, 2022
The processing time for SP from outside Canada is still showing 12 weeks.. so as per this June applications don't hold a chance to get their SP before Sept. Forget about stamping/courier time.
That's the maximum, and they have loads of appn , they would hopefully release

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
If that were the case even the May applicants wouldn't be seeing their results.
True that... for this reason am planning to defer by Jan'23, just wondering how long should one wait.

Reactions: ann.08

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
We didn't apply believing we would be late, but guess what- IRCC duped us. Irony!!
True, I just applied looking at their 20 cal days info.. and though it would be max and I will get much before it .. but now I think my application is lost in their backlog pile. I have to serve min notice period at my org and still have not figured out my accommodation in CA, since i have locked my money by paying full tuition fee, I am not able pay my US university their tuition fee for which I have the F1 visa... IRCC has completely messed up my career!!

Reactions: ann.08

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
True, I just applied looking at their 20 cal days info.. and though it would be max and I will get much before it .. but now I think my application is lost in their backlog pile. I have to serve min notice period at my org and still have not figured out my accommodation in CA, since i have locked my money by paying full tuition fee, I am not able pay my US university their tuition fee for which I have the F1 visa... IRCC has completely messed up my career!!
True to that, all information on their portal is misleading. Moreover, TAT mentioned even in normal days is an average. And as per them each application is different, so TAT doesn't hold good for anyone. And in current situation when they have more than 2.7 M cases pending, its all your luck. Non-SDS, I have seen known resources application, received PPR in 4-7 days as well. SDS even after investing huge amount still waiting in queue with no final dates. Even if we have to reschedule ticket etc.

phoenix197

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Category........
STUDY
IELTS Request
23-10-2021
Med's Done....
09-05-2022
Met a guy at a photostat shop, saw docs related to Canada, asked about it and he told that he got his Visa in 7 days under non-sds category back in May 2022. I think IRCC swapped SDS with non-SDS.
Maybe he was The Chosen ONE.