+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scholarship or discount in upfront Canadian Aviation college payment

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If your visa application is denied, you can receive a refund.
Ok so the school has a flexible refund policy. You do know that you need to have a medical through an approved Transport Canada physician. Have you even arranged that because it cannot be done outside Canada, and will take months to have the paperwork approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am still concerned about my situation as I currently reside in Iran.
I would be concerned too. Aviation school is very expensive. Flying lessons aren’t cheap and if you fail a section then you have to re-take (More money for another lesson). To take commercial flying lessons is about $70-80k. Then you have to pass each level of testing through Transport Canada to get your private then commercial license. You can only work 20 hours per week which may cover most of your living expenses but maybe not all. You probably need a car. You need to pass the Transport Canada medical (those have costs too). Why can’t you take lessons in Iran?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
highlighting upfront payments Before my visa is approved, I want to pay less tuition fees upfront to receive a letter of acceptance. Once I arrive in Canada, I will have the opportunity to work and pay the remaining tuition fees while studying.
Flight school is incredibly demanding so you may not be able to work and study at the same time or if you work 20 hours per week may be very difficult. Where is the flight school located? Do you have a school break during the summer and for the how long? It is extremely difficult to make enough money to pay for your living expenses. Most think they will be able to earn enough money by working to pay the rest of their tuition and living expenses but soon realize that it won’t be possible. If you are in a program where you have a scheduled summer that would give you the opportunity to work as many hours as possible. The cost of living in Canada has gotten even more expensive during the past few years due to inflation and limited housing pushing up prices. There are many Canadian ended up homeless. The the amount of homeless people. If you attend a flight school in a small city there may not be enough part-time jobs available for all students to find jobs. There also may not be enough housing. In the largest cities it is typically easier to find part-time jobs although this year many advertised jobs are getting 500+ applications and the cost of living tends to be higher.

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
I would be concerned too. Aviation school is very expensive. Flying lessons aren’t cheap and if you fail a section then you have to re-take (More money for another lesson). To take commercial flying lessons is about $70-80k. Then you have to pass each level of testing through Transport Canada to get your private then commercial license. You can only work 20 hours per week which may cover most of your living expenses but maybe not all. You probably need a car. You need to pass the Transport Canada medical (those have costs too). Why can’t you take lessons in Iran?
I have flight experience in my own country and I am also an ultralight airplane pilot. However, I am eager to enhance my skills in a country like Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have flight experience in my own country and I am also an ultralight airplane pilot. However, I am eager to enhance my skills in a country like Canada.
But why? Do you have the funds? Once you pay the 30% and get admission then apply for permit and see if approved. You can take a pilots program in your home country.

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Stop trolling.. you either pay the deposit or you don't. Are there no flying schools in Iran? Join the Iranian Airforce, free of charge
I'm here to listen to your helpful suggestions, not to make me feel bad. My request is to gather more information about the Air Force and its availability for women in Iran before giving the wrong information instead!

Last edited:

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
But why? Do you have the funds? Once you pay the 30% and get admission then apply for permit and see if approved. You can take a pilots program in your home country.
Can you clarify the reason for your presence in Canada? The same. I am looking for funding.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm here to listen to your helpful suggestions, not to make me feel bad. My request is to gather more information about the Air Force and its availability for women in Iran.
Which Air Force? Assume not Canada’s because you would have to a citizen or PR to join, and that doesn’t allow you to fly. You need to join as a commissioned officer.

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Flight school is incredibly demanding so you may not be able to work and study at the same time or if you work 20 hours per week may be very difficult. Where is the flight school located? Do you have a school break during the summer and for how long? It is extremely difficult to make enough money to pay for your living expenses. Most think they will be able to earn enough money by working to pay the rest of their tuition and living expenses but soon realize that it won’t be possible. If you are in a program where you have a scheduled summer that would give you the opportunity to work as many hours as possible. The cost of living in Canada has gotten even more expensive during the past few years due to inflation and limited housing pushing up prices. There are many Canadians who end up homeless. The amount of homeless people. If you attend a flight school in a small city there may not be enough part-time jobs available for all students to find jobs. There also may not be enough housing. In the largest cities, it is typically easier to find part-time jobs although this year many advertised jobs are getting 500+ applications and the cost of living tends to be higher.
Which Air Force? Assume not Canada’s because you would have to a citizen or PR to join, and that doesn’t allow you to fly. You need to join as a commissioned officer.
I intended to refer to Iran, as you had mentioned.

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Iran Air Force prohibits women from being pilots. Are you aware of Iran's sitution?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Iran Air Force prohibits women from being pilots. Are you aware of Iran's sitution?
So why did you bring up the Air Force? What does it have to do with topic of taking a pilot program in Canada? Taking a program in Canada has nothing to do with the Iranian Air force, Iran’s situation or women in the military.

Again you need the funds to come to Canada to take the program. So you need to find funding/loan from Iran to take a Canadian program. Then you can apply for study permit and you need to justify why you must take this program in Canada. So you need to justify the costs with the career opportunities and salary in Iran.

Last edited:

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Funding is not available here or within Canada. You need to find funding through regional/country scholarships or take a loan from your country.
So why did you bring up the Air Force? What does it have to do with topic of taking a pilot program in Canada? Taking a program in Canada has nothing to do with the Iranian Air force, Iran’s situation or women in the military.

Again you need the funds to come to Canada to take the program. So you need to find funding/loan from Iran to take a Canadian program. Then you can apply for study permit and you need to justify why you must take this program in Canada. So you need to justify the costs with the career opportunities and salary in Iran.
I replied to foodie69 about his ridiculous suggestion to apply for the Iran Air Force instead of applying for Canadian Aviation College.