+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scholarship or discount in upfront Canadian Aviation college payment

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Hello there! I'm excited to share that I've been accepted to Canadian Aviation College. However, I need to pay 30% of the tuition upfront for the acceptance letter. Do you have any tips on getting a discount for upfront payments? Lastly, I was wondering if anyone knows about any international scholarships available for Iranian students. Thank you so much for your help!#Canadian Aviation College#CAC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there! I'm excited to share that I've been accepted to Canadian Aviation College. However, I need to pay 30% of the tuition upfront for the acceptance letter. Do you have any tips on getting a discount for upfront payments? Lastly, I was wondering if anyone knows about any international scholarships available for Iranian students. Thank you so much for your help!#Canadian Aviation College#CAC
Never heard about discounts on tuition payments. You are highlighting upfront payments so just want to reinforce that working will not be able to cover your tuition and living expenses. You can try to see if there are any scholarships but typically it is difficult to get a scholarship as an international student. The one exception would be graduate school where you may get funding or may get paid to teach while studying especially for a PhD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need to contact the school to find out if discounts for upfront payments are possible.

If there are any scholarships available, they would be through the school. You will need to speak with your school about this.

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Never heard about discounts on tuition payments. You are highlighting upfront payments so just want to reinforce that working will not be able to cover your tuition and living expenses. You can try to see if there are any scholarships but typically it is difficult to get a scholarship as an international student. The one exception would be graduate school where you may get funding or may get paid to teach while studying especially for a PhD.
highlighting upfront payments Before my visa is approved, I want to pay less tuition fees upfront to receive a letter of acceptance. Once I arrive in Canada, I will have the opportunity to work and pay the remaining tuition fees while studying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
highlighting upfront payments Before my visa is approved, I want to pay less tuition fees upfront to receive a letter of acceptance. Once I arrive in Canada, I will have the opportunity to work and pay the remaining tuition fees while studying.
You need to contact your school directly. They are the only ones that can answer this question and let you know what is possible.

Reactions: sayna ja

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Aviation school is about $50k+. Working part time in Canada will not cover flying costs.

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a concern regarding the requirement of a 30% upfront payment prior to visa approval.
What is the concern? Schools need a down payment. This is a private school and if they want a down payment then that is their decision. You have a decision to make. If you don’t pay, you don’t get admission. But this doesn’t guarantee a study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CAC requires a 30% upfront payment before visa approval. I have tried this.
So then your choices are to either pay the 30% or to find a different school to attend. It is up to the school how much they require students to pay as a payment up front.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a concern regarding the requirement of a 30% upfront payment prior to visa approval.
Is this because you are concerned your study permit will be refused? If so, then what are the school's refund policies if your study permit is refused?

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
What is the concern? Schools need a down payment. This is a private school and if they want a down payment then that is their decision. You have a decision to make. If you don’t pay, you don’t get admission. But this doesn’t guarantee a study permit.
There is no guarantee, but there are requirements to apply for a visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no guarantee, but there are requirements to apply for a visa.
So if you want admission, you will have to pay the 30% down. You still need to show funds to afford the rest of your studies plus living expenses. Working part time may only cover your living expenses.