+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scholarship or discount in upfront Canadian Aviation college payment

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Funding is not available here or within Canada. You need to find funding through regional/country scholarships or take a loan from your country.
Are you saying that there are no scholarships or funding available in or out of Canada for Iranian international students who want to apply to Canadian aviation colleges?

Last edited:

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Flight school is incredibly demanding so you may not be able to work and study at the same time or if you work 20 hours per week may be very difficult. Where is the flight school located? Do you have a school break during the summer and for how long? It is extremely difficult to make enough money to pay for your living expenses. Most think they will be able to earn enough money by working to pay the rest of their tuition and living expenses but soon realize that it won’t be possible. If you are in a program where you have a scheduled summer that would give you the opportunity to work as many hours as possible. The cost of living in Canada has gotten even more expensive during the past few years due to inflation and limited housing pushing up prices. There are many Canadians who end up homeless. The amount of homeless people. If you attend a flight school in a small city there may not be enough part-time jobs available for all students to find jobs. There also may not be enough housing. In the largest cities, it is typically easier to find part-time jobs although this year many advertised jobs are getting 500+ applications and the cost of living tends to be higher.
All I need is a scholarship for international students applying to aviation flight school. I am aware that the cost of living is increasing and that there may be work and homelessness concerns for international students. I am asking again Are there any scholarships available for Iranian international students interested in applying to aviation schools in Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you saying that there are no scholarships or funding available in or out of Canada for Iranian international students who want to apply to Canadian aviation colleges?
There are NO scholarships from within Canada. You need to find a scholarship from within Iran or your region, which I doubt is available. Funding is a loan from your country like from a bank. If you were taking a Masters or Phd then scholarships may be available but not to private aviations schools that are not offering you a degree but a license. The whole point of international students is to pay more to fund their schools.

So there are NO scholarships so you need to pay for your program from your own bank account. So take a loan from an Iranian bank (a Canadian bank will not give you a lona) which is what most aviation students have to do.

Reactions: YVR123 and sayna ja

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
All I need is a scholarship for international students applying to aviation flight school. I am aware that the cost of living is increasing and that there may be work and homelessness concerns for international students. I am asking again Are there any scholarships available for Iranian international students interested in applying to aviation schools in Canada?
The only possibility of any scholarships would be through the school you are attending itself. You need to speak to your school to find out if they give any scholarships to international students.

Otherwise there are no scholarships available and international students are expected to come to Canada with sufficient funds to cover their tuition and living expenses on their own.

Reactions: sayna ja

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I just did a bit of additional research on your school's website. They specifically state that they do not offer loans, financial aid, or scholarships to students. See the link below. This means there will be no scholarships available to you in Canada for your studies.

https://www.cacbc.ca/students#:~:text=Canadian Aviation College doesn't,or financial aids for students.

Reactions: sayna ja and YVR123

sayna ja

May 25, 2023

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
I just did a bit of additional research on your school's website. They specifically state that they do not offer loans, financial aid, or scholarships to students. See the link below. This means there will be no scholarships available to you in Canada for your studies.

https://www.cacbc.ca/students#:~:text=Canadian Aviation College doesn't,or financial aids for students.
Private loans can be used to cover the costs of Private Pilot License training (which is the prerequisite for Commercial Pilot Licence training)
Can you clarify which private loan they are referring to?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Private loans can be used to cover the costs of Private Pilot License training (which is the prerequisite for Commercial Pilot Licence training)
Can you clarify which private loan they are referring to?
Private loans is a loan you would obtain yourself from a bank in your home country. This is what they are referring to.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
highlighting upfront payments Before my visa is approved, I want to pay less tuition fees upfront to receive a letter of acceptance. Once I arrive in Canada, I will have the opportunity to work and pay the remaining tuition fees while studying.
Adding that competition for entry level jobs is savage . Think the Hunger Games. Individuals outside the country have no clue what the state of this country is inside

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I have flight experience in my own country and I am also an ultralight airplane pilot. However, I am eager to enhance my skills in a country like Canada.
Unless you are training specifically for Canadian weather conditions, you can enhance your skills practically anywhere. Most commercial flight trainings nowadays are fly-by-wire, especially the modern Airbus or Boeing fleets. They are offered everywhere.

If you trully want to enhance your skills, get as much flight time as you can using VFR at night. Add dead-stick landing or "side-slip" maneuver into your bag of tricks and you should be good to go. Florida, with its extreme hurricane weather condition, is also a good place to hone your piloting skills.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why should other countries pay for international students? It seems like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed about me.
Here's an article that says there's a Vancouver-based (Canadian) charity provides scholarships for young women in rural parts of China...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-charity-has-abrupt-end-to-its-work-in-china-funding-scholarships-for-girls-from-rural-areas/ar-AA1hox9y?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=1b4c2d6e5a1442cfa28676d716da322f&ei=48

Perhaps you can find a charity that helps you pay the tuition.