+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scholarship or discount in upfront Canadian Aviation college payment

sayna ja

May 25, 2023
Here's an article that says there's a Vancouver-based (Canadian) charity provides scholarships for young women in rural parts of China...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-charity-has-abrupt-end-to-its-work-in-china-funding-scholarships-for-girls-from-rural-areas/ar-AA1hox9y?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=1b4c2d6e5a1442cfa28676d716da322f&ei=48

Perhaps you can find a charity that helps you pay the tuition.
I couldn't find any contact information or email for this charity. How can I find similar charities or scholarships that align with my interests?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I couldn't find any contact information or email for this charity. How can I find similar charities or scholarships that align with my interests?
If you read the article the charity shut down. You need to do online research to find a scholarship. It will be a challenge because you will not be attending a public school, and to fly in Canada there are so many other ”hurdles” before you even get a license. You need to pay for and pass a CAT1 medical. It takes months for approval plus it must be done in Canada. You need to pass and pay for Transport Canada exams. I assume you have done all this research above and beyond just going to a flying school but all the steps to become a commercial pilot.

Also you need to find a scholarship that pays for flying lessons which will be about $70-80K for just the lessons, and doesn’t include the ground school training or living expenses. If you fail a part of the course, then you pay more for flying hours.

Reactions: YVR123

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
There's really a very slim chance to find a scholarship for flight training, except probably in the military. There's already a surplus of pilots in some parts of the world. And pilot as a career is no longer lucrative.

As I mentioned before, flight training can be done anywhere. Accumulate enough flight hours and you can qualify for CPL. Specialized trainings for modern passenger planes are usually done at training facilities of manufacturers such as Airbus or Boeing. And pilots are sent there by their respective airline companies.

Reactions: sayna ja

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
C
There's really a very slim chance to find a scholarship for flight training, except probably in the military. There's already a surplus of pilots in some parts of the world. And pilot as a career is no longer lucrative.

As I mentioned before, flight training can be done anywhere. Accumulate enough flight hours and you can qualify for CPL. Specialized trainings for modern passenger planes are usually done at training facilities of manufacturers such as Airbus or Boeing. And pilots are sent there by their respective airline companies.
There's also deficit of pilots in some other parts of the world.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
C

There's also deficit of pilots in some other parts of the world.
True. So maybe those parts of the world would be willing to offer scholarships for flight trainings.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
DO NOT USE FORUM! I do not require your assistance!just get lost!
Ohhh... getting feisty. Of course you don't require my assistance. But it was you asking the questions, we just answer then.
I'm happy for you to speak your mind on the internet. Pretty sure you wouldn't do that to a Mullah back home in person.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
DO NOT USE FORUM! I do not require your assistance!just get lost!
Good luck in your search. I would advise you not to ask further questions as we have helped you as much as possible. Hire an immigration lawyer or consultant and then you can pay them and ask all the questions you want and they can do the research for you.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As others have said, this specific charity is no longer operating and has shut down.

The only real way to find other charities similar through this is through google searches. Good luck.