+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
paul911 said:
* We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2015.
* We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2015.
* We started processing your application on June 19, 2015.
* Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 25, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
* We sent you a notice on January 7, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
* We sent you a notice on February 2, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Got physical oath invite yesterday ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Congrats to all Citizenship Oath invitees.....nice and quite encouraging to see things are moving at Scarborough location.

Hopefully, processing will pick up more pace in coming weeks. Fellow applicants like me who are waiting, let's stay positive and optimistic. ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
saad36 said:
I'll be in the same oath ceremony, February 18 at 8.30AM :D

Congrats to you!
Congrats !!!, please share your time line ;D ;D

saad36

Mar 27, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, please share your time line ;D ;D
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 3, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 24, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on January 5, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on February 2, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
saad36 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 23, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 3, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 24, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on January 5, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on February 2, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM.

Congrats on becoming Canadian Citizen and thanks for sharing your time line.

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
Took the oath yesterday, applied for passport the same day (as per instructions on this forum) and got the passport today 8)

Thanks to everybody and good luck to those still waiting

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
paul911 said:
Took the oath yesterday, applied for passport the same day (as per instructions on this forum) and got the passport today 8)

Congrats !!!

AkkDivz

Star Member
May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
21-01-2010
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
22-02-2010
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
Yet to land
paul911 said:

hi paul - so can you apply for passport on the same day as oath? per instruction on CIC website it looks like they prescribe a 48 hr wait time.

can you share your experience please ? how did they accept your application same day without questions? I have a similar case where I want to travel in 3 days after oath and would be great if you can walk through your experience.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJGGG said:
Dear Canadiandesi2006

Test invite is for wife only . seems the new rules require children 14+ to attend . we gonna clarify with call center anyway

thank you
spouse passed test today . children did not attend and Co didnt bother asking about their ID's
Interview quick . no major questions . CO stated still have to go thru the docs .....

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Hello friends,

Today I received our pinkies (mine and my family's) so it's finally official after a looong looong wait. Below the timeline.

* We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
* We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015.
* We started processing your application on February 28, 2015.
* We sent you a notice on May 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* We sent you a notice on February 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I wish success to all applicants and my gratitude to all members of this forum.

All the best to all of you.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regg4791 said:
Hello friends,

Today I received our pinkies (mine and my family's) so it's finally official after a looong looong wait. Below the timeline.

* We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
* We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015.
* We sent you a notice on May 5, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
* We sent you a notice on February 19, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

congrats .... guess you've been so patient.............
what was the reason of 10 months waiting after test . ???!!!! and what the officer informed you after test

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
regg4791 said:
Hello friends,

Congrats !!!, Indeed some of us have to endure the long and torturous wait. Great, I'm happy for you & your family. ;D

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
JJGGG said:
spouse passed test today . children did not attend and Co didnt bother asking about their ID's
Interview quick . no major questions . CO stated still have to go thru the docs .....
Congrats on completing one major milestone in the process. Wish you all the best & quick Oath invites.