+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

Jun 8, 2011
I got my oath taken on 26 march everything went smooth.

Finally after 13 years staying in Canada, the journey is completed.

Best of luck to everyone who has applied

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
farhanamnashaik said:
I got my oath taken on 26 march everything went smooth.

Finally after 13 years staying in Canada, the journey is completed.

Best of luck to everyone who has applied
Congrats !!!, please share your time line and local CIC to understand the pace of processing. Mabrook.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the usual processing time for new citizenship applicants (with files at Scarborough office) now?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
What's the usual processing time for new citizenship applicants (with files at Scarborough office) now?
Approximately its taking about 8 to 10 months. CIC found another innovative way to further delay processing by asking Finger Prints at times even after passing the test that adding 3 - 4 months.

On other side, found some got complete processing within 4 months. I suspect CIC apply some hidden racial profiling for processing too. :-X

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Approximately its taking about 8 to 10 months. CIC found another innovative way to further delay processing by asking Finger Prints at times even after passing the test that adding 3 - 4 months.

On other side, found some got complete processing within 4 months. I suspect CIC apply some hidden racial profiling for processing too. :-X
I believe there is some racial profiling going on.

But I was also curious about the general experience of other forum members... What's the processing times specifically in Scarborough (Full of visible minority immigrants) these days?

AurCit

Nov 3, 2015
I applied for citizenship in September 2015 (single applicant, Scarborough office) and have been invited to take the oath in April. So overall for me it took a little under 7 months. As Scarborough finalizes reviewing a large number of May/June applicants who wanted to take advantage of the old rules + built up backlog of cases, processing times should keep improving.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AurCit said:
I applied for citizenship in September 2015 (single applicant, Scarborough office) and have been invited to take the oath in April. So overall for me it took a little under 7 months. As Scarborough finalizes reviewing a large number of May/June applicants who wanted to take advantage of the old rules + built up backlog of cases, processing times should keep improving.
7-8 months would be ideal. I am worried they'll use any vile tactic in the book to delay my case again.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
7-8 months would be ideal. I am worried they'll use any vile tactic in the book to delay my case again.
With CIC you can expect anything and everything. I noticed in some cases, even after going thru the long process and passing the test, when candidates were waiting for DM, CIC's tried last attempt to delay by asking for Finger Prints. :'( Suspect CIC has some undeclared criteria to process and grant.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
What's the fastest processing CIC office (when it comes to citizenship apps) in Canada?
Judging from the google doc's tracking the pace of processing, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal seems to be processing pretty quickly. As usual, Scarborough seems to be the slowest. :'(

letian_y

Apr 5, 2016
I took the citizenship test on Feb 22 but I am still waiting for the oath letter. The status on CIC still shows "in the process" and the recent update was still at the citizenship test notification. Anybody can advise why I am still put in the long queue without any update? Thanks a lot. :(

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Judging from the google doc's tracking the pace of processing, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal seems to be processing pretty quickly. As usual, Scarborough seems to be the slowest. :'(
Would a change of 'residential' address help put one's case in those cities? I could use my friend's address in Vancouver or Montreal to take advantage of faster processing times. Is that legal? Is it possible?

zk_may

Jun 11, 2015
Guys,

Can you apply for Passport at the same day of your OATH Ceremony??

On the 3rd floor of Scarborough office will be oath and on 2nd floor is the passport office. So, after oath can you go to passport office with citizenship certificate and apply for passport?

Thanks in advance. :)

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried this today. Didn't work.

zk_may said:
Guys,

Can you apply for Passport at the same day of your OATH Ceremony??

On the 3rd floor of Scarborough office will be oath and on 2nd floor is the passport office. So, after oath can you go to passport office with citizenship certificate and apply for passport?

Thanks in advance. :)

alahoy

Mar 5, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2008
nubee said:
I tried this today. Didn't work.
You have to wait at least 2 days after the oath and receive your certificate. Your certificate number has to be added in the system.