Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
paul911 said:
Has anybody encountered a second oath notification line in ecas?

* We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 26, 2015.
* We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2015.
* We started processing your application on June 19, 2015.
* Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 25, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

* We sent you a notice on January 7, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.*Note:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.

* We sent you a notice on February 2, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

* We sent you a notice on February 3, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

It appears that the same letter was issued twice notifying you about Oath on the same date and time.

Had the Oath dates were different, then it would have warranted contacting the CIC to clarify but now it seems nothing wrong.

However, consider calling the call center agents to inform them.

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
thanks. will probably give them a call on Monday although their answers are always so generic that one wonders if it would be better to just shut that line down ;)

the funny thing is that there is no ceremony listed on the cic website on 18th

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
It happened to me as well. Line 5 appeared on Jan. 11 for the oath on Jan. 25.
Canada post delivered oath letter on Jan. 16.
CIC website posted the schedule on Jan. 20 on find the ceremony page.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
paul911 said:
thanks. will probably give them a call on Monday although their answers are always so generic that one wonders if it would be better to just shut that line down ;)

the funny thing is that there is no ceremony listed on the cic website on 18th
As a precaution, send a letter to CIC local office, providing your contact numbers and ask them to confirm Oath date, time and location.

In past, CIC had combined Scarborough and Mississauga candidates for common Oath ceremony at bigger premises other than CIC offices.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my wife scheduled for test on Feb 24. timeline , if this can help RQ applicants

applied Dec 2014 , with children
AOR , Feb 2015
IP , Mar 2015
RQ( FULL ), Mar 2015 Transfer to Local office Apr 2015 , Mississauga
RQ , answered , May 2015
Test invite , Feb 2016

one question , for experienced applicants . my children are above 14 when they applied thru family app (old rules ). but no test invite received for them . should they appear with my spouse or they will be scheduled different time . or their test not required

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
I think test not needed for your kids if they were less then 18 years under old rules.
They will get oath invite along with your wife.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmozu said:
Test not needed for your kids.
They will get oath invite along with your wife.
THANK YOU . APPARENTLY , THE NEW RULES DICTATE TEST FOR CHILDREN 14+
DO YOU THINK HAVING THEM DURING INTERVIEW WILL MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE FOR THE CO

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canmozu said:
My kids were not present when we took test and interview.
I assume your kids , 14+ . thanks for the assurance

i went thru your timeline . at the time of your test / interview,, your RQ was not assessed . did the CO mentioned anything about RQ
what is the reason it was transferred to montreal , surprising !!!

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
It was most likely officer was lazy, dont have patience to look into my RQ at St.Clair.

They played pass the ball and drop the ball with my file, finally Montreal did the job in only one month.
Many RQ files were sent to Montreal to complete the RQ back log.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
JJGGG said:
my wife scheduled for test on Feb 24. timeline , if this can help RQ applicants

applied Dec 2014 , with children
AOR , Feb 2015
IP , Mar 2015
RQ( FULL ), Mar 2015 Transfer to Local office Apr 2015 , Mississauga
RQ , answered , May 2015
Test invite , Feb 2016

one question , for experienced applicants . my children are above 14 when they applied thru family app (old rules ). but no test invite received for them . should they appear with my spouse or they will be scheduled different time . or their test not required
I dont think the minors are required to be present for the test. If so, the Oath invitation would have specified it. However, if they can accompany it's no problems.

However, you might check with CIC call center.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Canadiandesi2006

Test invite is for wife only . seems the new rules require children 14+ to attend . we gonna clarify with call center anyway

thank you

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
I checked on ecas that CIC has sent my oath invite for Feb 27 (Saturday..yes Saturday). Ecas says the oath invite was sent on Feb 5 hopefully I will receive my oath invite letter this week :)

Below is my timeline:
Applied April 11, 2015
Aor: May 12
In Process: July 6
Test: December 18 (Scarborough office)
Oath: Feb 27

Soos

Aug 6, 2015
Alas,,,, :)

(1)We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2015.
(2)We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
(3)We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
(4)We sent you a notice on November 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

(5)We sent you a notice on February 5, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

Congrats to all who got the oath and best of luck to who is still waiting. Keep the faith ;)