+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Hello friends,

Is there anybody here that passed the exam between March and July 2015 who has not received his/her invitation to take oath yet?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
fedex682 said:
I checked on ecas that CIC has sent my oath invite for Feb 27 (Saturday..yes Saturday). Ecas says the oath invite was sent on Feb 5 hopefully I will receive my oath invite letter this week :)

Below is my timeline:
Applied April 11, 2015
Aor: May 12
In Process: July 6
Test: December 18 (Scarborough office)
Oath: Feb 27
Congrats !!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Soos said:
Alas,,,, :)

(1)We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2015.
(2)We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
(3)We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
(4)We sent you a notice on November 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

(5)We sent you a notice on February 5, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

Congrats to all who got the oath and best of luck to who is still waiting. Keep the faith ;)
Congrats !!!

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
My husband has his test on Feb 22 in Scarborough, has anyone taken the test there recently? looking for a ballpark idea of how long between test and oath. we are travelling last week of june/beginning of july so we are really hoping the oath won't be while we are away!

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
figgy said:
My husband has his test on Feb 22 in Scarborough, has anyone taken the test there recently? looking for a ballpark idea of how long between test and oath. we are travelling last week of june/beginning of july so we are really hoping the oath won't be while we are away!

look through this thread. The timing has improved dramatically, recently taking probably 1-3 weeks to get the notice after test and probably 1 month between actual dates of the test and oath.

MNaq

Feb 10, 2016
Hello,

I have been following this post for some time as my wife had applied for her citizenship. I would appreciate if any one could share some insight on my situation where my wife was not able to attend her Oath ceremony as she gave birth to our child the same day she was scheduled for her Oath. Since then we have sent a covering letter explaining why she could not attend along with all supporting documents to prove he situation. Its been 4 months and we still have not heard back from CIC for a new date to take oath. We have tried calling the CC and received the same answer ( you will be put back in the que and there is no fixed time ) Appreciate if anyone who has had similar situation or know of could shed some light.

Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 11, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on June 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on July 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 31, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on September 24, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
MNaq said:
Hello,

I have been following this post for some time as my wife had applied for her citizenship. I would appreciate if any one could share some insight on my situation where my wife was not able to attend her Oath ceremony as she gave birth to our child the same day she was scheduled for her Oath. Since then we have sent a covering letter explaining why she could not attend along with all supporting documents to prove he situation. Its been 4 months and we still have not heard back from CIC for a new date to take oath. We have tried calling the CC and received the same answer ( you will be put back in the que and there is no fixed time ) Appreciate if anyone who has had similar situation or know of could shed some light.

Timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 11, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on June 11, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you a notice on July 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 31, 2015 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on September 24, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 13, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
"my wife was not able to attend her Oath ceremony as she gave birth to our child the same day she was scheduled for her Oath"
Did you send the newborn birth certificate?
You have a valid reason. You should be confident that they will sent another invite, sooner or later.

Good luck

MNaq

Feb 10, 2016
ArvindXBhatia said:
I am in a similar situation. Had to reschedule my oath, originally scheduled for Jan 19th. Any idea on the expected time ?

AB
The CC originally told between 1-4 months now they wont even give a time line.

MNaq

Feb 10, 2016
arambi said:
"my wife was not able to attend her Oath ceremony as she gave birth to our child the same day she was scheduled for her Oath"
Did you send the newborn birth certificate?
You have a valid reason. You should be confident that they will sent another invite, sooner or later.

Good luck
I provided them with the hospital admission and discharge documents along with a cover letter explaining the whole situation. I send it the next day she got discharged as didn't want to wait and birth certificate would have delayed that. I am confident they will send her a invite just wanted to understand how long the wait could be as we want to plan a vacation once this gets sorted.

Burfi

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Wow, that's great, I'm very happy for you. So, you are weeks away from your Oath Ceremony. Wish you all the best.

I'm pleasantly surprise at CIC Scarborough's woke up and now processing pretty fast......it was long awaited....Cheers !!!
Thanks. Got the pink letters today for my family. Will be going for oath on 19-Feb.

Abstract

Apr 5, 2015
Got the oath letters yesterday for my family. Ceremony dated 25-Feb.

Application timeline:
-----------------------------
App Received: 11-May-15
AOR: 22-Jun-15
In Process: 20-Aug-15
Test: 2-Dec-15
Oath: 25-Feb-16