+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

cdn07

May 30, 2015
Hello,
I've done my test on Oct 22nd and DM Oct 30th. I am still waiting to receive my Oath invite.

Does that look normal to you? When I did my test they told me 2-4 months.
Thanks

L

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cdn07 said:
Hello,
I've done my test on Oct 22nd and DM Oct 30th. I am still waiting to receive my Oath invite.

Does that look normal to you? When I did my test they told me 2-4 months.
Thanks

L
Yes, that's standard statement of CIC officers. Considering the holiday and most of the people are returning from vacations, you can expect something by end of this month or middle of next month.

Besides that, CIC Ontario and especially the Scarborough is the most slowest of all locations.

Wish you all the best.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Yes, that's standard statement of CIC officers. Considering the holiday and most of the people are returning from vacations, you can expect something by end of this month or middle of next month.

Besides that, CIC Ontario and especially the Scarborough is the most slowest of all locations.

Wish you all the best.
Hi
The situation in Scarborough is very interesting recently, because St. Clair and Mississaga from time to time transfer their files in Scarborough. So the volume might be indeed the reason why is so slow now.

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yipeeeeeee!! finally completed the full cycle as of this morning. I am now a proud Canadian.

Few tips at ceremony:
1. Be there at the time that is listed - you don't have to be early - just on time is good enough.
2. Try and take only one guest as much as possible. Additional guest will be allowed only if there is additional seats. (this could be tricky if you are taking along your mom and wife - awkward situation like me!!).
3. Leave kids at home please.
4. Dress well - recommend formal attire - the occasion very much deserves that respect.
5. Don't forget your camera.
6. Be present - physically and mentally. The organizers do a amazing job of explaining everything slowly and carefully - it is us, the attendees who are messing things up.
7. Don't forget to enjoy and cherish the moment - this is once in a lifetime event.

The final part - most important... use the passport photo store/boutique at the ground floor of the CIC building. The lady who does the photo is AMAZING! - she loves her job very much and a charismatic personality. Living example of: "Do what you love, love what you do". You may get inspired by her too - I certainly did.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MCBoy said:
Yipeeeeeee!! finally completed the full cycle as of this morning. I am now a proud Canadian.

Few tips at ceremony:
1. Be there at the time that is listed - you don't have to be early - just on time is good enough.
2. Try and take only one guest as much as possible. Additional guest will be allowed only if there is additional seats. (this could be tricky if you are taking along your mom and wife - awkward situation like me!!).
4. Dress well - recommend formal attire - the occasion very much deserves that respect.
6. Be present - physically and mentally. The organizers do a amazing job of explaining everything slowly and carefully - it is us, the attendees who are messing things up.
7. Don't forget to enjoy and cherish the moment - this is once in a lifetime event.

The final part - most important... use the passport photo store/boutique at the ground floor of the CIC building. The lady who does the photo is AMAZING! - she loves her job very much and a charismatic personality. Living example of: "Do what you love, love what you do". You may get inspired by her too - I certainly did.
Was it your wife or your mom who won?

nat7718

Jan 12, 2016
My ecase changed this morning! ;D

We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Happy and can't wait!

Thank you all for your posts and support!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McBoy and Nat,

Congrats!

Life is beautiful eh?

Nat, 2 more weeks for ceremony...

All the best,

SFD

sakber

Mar 2, 2014
My wife applied for Citizenship on 1 February 2015, had the test written at Scarborough test Centre on 22 October 2015 and Oath on 8 December 2015.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
sakber said:
My wife applied for Citizenship on 1 February 2015, had the test written at Scarborough test Centre on 22 October 2015 and Oath on 8 December 2015.
Congrats !!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
nat7718 said:
My ecase changed this morning! ;D

We sent you a notice on October 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on January 11, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Happy and can't wait!

Thank you all for your posts and support!

Congrats !!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
MCBoy said:

Few tips at ceremony:

Congrats !!!

Burfi

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I received the invite to write the test for end of this month at Scarborough.

Can someone please confirm if they have child care available there while parents write the test?

Thanks.

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Burfi said:
Hello All,

I received the invite to write the test for end of this month at Scarborough.

Can someone please confirm if they have child care available there while parents write the test?

Thanks.
Hi Burfi,

I wrote the test in Scarborough office on December 18. I did not see any child care available.
I saw couples have one other person to take care of the kids.

You can give a call to the Scarborough office or go for a quick visit prior to your test to confirm.
If you do not have the time, the safest bet would be to get someone to look after your child.

Good luck with the test!