+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Yesterday I visited the passport office. My details were in the system.
I applied right away. Paid 210 bucks , they told me to pick it up on Friday.
Start to say eh every second sentence and you will get everywhere a fast service.
Don't you want to be a real Canadian ? Eh :p
haha....thanks for letting us know. I never knew the information gets updated that fast. I was thinking of going on Monday but now will definitely try tomorrow. So, you applied urgent passport? what other options do we have?

jimper

Dec 12, 2015
Well, I am finally a Proud Canadian Citizen as of 11:30 am Jan. 7, 2016. The ceremony was absolutely a wonderful experience. Took about 50 minutes and went smoothly. There were 88 proud people including me that took the oath and a mix of 23 different countries. Wow. The citizenship judge was fantastic as she made us feel very important and relaxed through the ceremony. I might also add that she was also pretty and that made me pay more attention to her. :) Had some of my family members with me to celebrate this joyous day and took some video and pictures. My journey has come to an end with Pizza and beer and my next step is to apply for a Canadian passport and start some well deserved trips. Want to thank all for their input and information which helped me through this process and want to wish all the very best and congratulations in your journey in becoming a proud Canadian. Best of luck to all and just enjoy the great times ahead. ;)

Jim

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ns87 said:
Just got my oath date!! Will become a proud Canadian on Jan 20th. A full year to complete my application journey. Could not be happier =)
Congrats !!!

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done!! Just back from Passport office. Applied the passport. Was in and our in 15 minutes. Will get it on Wednesday.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
harnit2010 said:
Done!! Just back from Passport office. Applied the passport. Was in and our in 15 minutes. Will get it on Wednesday.
Congratlations Harnit,
I got my passport today. On sunday i travel to new york.
Be a nice canadian, say eh eh every 2 minuts, will you ? Eh ?

jimper

Dec 12, 2015
harnit2010 said:
Hi Harnit,

I'm planning to get my passport some time next week, what are the required documents needed in order to apply. Besides the citizenship document and drivers license, is there any other I need to bring. Thanks.

Jim

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
jimper said:
Hi Harnit,

I'm planning to get my passport some time next week, what are the required documents needed in order to apply. Besides the citizenship document and drivers license, is there any other I need to bring. Thanks.

Jim
U need a guarantor and 2 references..
Look at this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/new/index.asp

Its very simple
Good luck

Oct20

Nov 11, 2014
Dear All
At first happy new year for you all and congratulations for all whom got their citizenship.
Any body from nov. 2015 got their oath invitations.

tobiloba

Jan 7, 2016
I did my text on November 23rd, 2015, my online says Decision made after the 3rd day and I'm still waiting for the oath date. Anyone with the same situation?

nat7718

Jan 12, 2016
I did my test on November 16th, decision made in 3 days, still waiting for some changes online or to receive a letter by mail.
I saw a post earlier someone just got the oath letter and had a test on November 2nd or 3d. Looks like we are next! ;)

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Congratlations Harnit,
I got my passport today. On sunday i travel to new york.
Be a nice canadian, say eh eh every 2 minuts, will you ? Eh ?

Haha...Yes, I am practicing that. Not sure if I will say that every 2 minutes. lol

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimper said:
Hi Harnit,

Jim
Completed Form with Garantor information and signature, pictures, driving license. I took my Health Card as well but they did not ask for it.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the holidays and a month of being sick and up to now still coughing and sniffing, I tried not to cough during the citizenship oath ceremony lol, finally applied for passport today.

The ceremony was fine and fast, Dec 30th 8:30am. By the time we're done, the next batch were already lined up outside the ceremony door.

The passport, a lot of people but it's quick, I think I was only there for 30mins. At first I forgot my citizenship certificate, I didn't know I have I bring it lol, so I went home then came back... Silly me :/

After that I did my driver's license renewal, with today's weather at Toronto I found myself the only person/customer when I entered Service Ontario at Agincourt so it was, again, very quick.

Happy 2016 everyone!!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harnit2010 said:
Completed Form with Garantor information and signature, pictures, driving license. I took my Health Card as well but they did not ask for it.
Harnit,

Congrats!!!

Good to be Canadian eh?

All the best.

SFD