+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

saqibz

Oct 1, 2015
I am taking the oath on Oct 24, 2015. it is normal as they keep ceremonies on saturday and sunday also it says on ECAS as well.
Test was on 7th August so its about close to 2 months. a little disappointed :( wont be able to vote.

TimeLine
Recvd Application : January 23, 2015.
Reciept : March 4, 2015.
Started processing : March 25, 2015.
Notice to appear for test : July 17, 2015
Citizenship test : August 7, 2015 at 10:15 AM
Notice to appear for Oath : September 29, 2015
Citizenship ceremony : October 24, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
Absurd said:
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told that THERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!) From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won't receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...
The explanations for such enormous waiting time could be simple.
1. As almost everybody knows there is a gap in 1 year between applications of two groups of applicants. In the first group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the previous rules (3/5 years) before June 19, 2015 and in the another group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the new rules (4/6 years) after June 19, 2015 (IN FACT AFTER June 19, 2016). And it would be understandable if CIC staff would have not so much to do during this period of time. In this situation, the threat of dismissal of part of CIC employee could be obvious. But nobody wants to do it because of upcoming federal elections. So there is some opportunity to provide the work for all of these people to keep busy. Guess how? It is not my opinion but some people believe that some of them could be interested in postponing of some cases with some possible sorts of reasons especially for family applicants (IT IS JUST SOMEBODY’S OPINION). And probably you will see how quickly decisions will be made closer to April 1st, 2016 and how short the timeline will be.
2. Traditionally newcomers and even first generation of Canadians are not so happy with conservative government. So, there is somebody else’s opinion. The fewer newcomers become citizen on the eve of the Federal elections the better it is for current government.
So what it is? Double standards? Discrimination? I don’t know. I'll just repeat that everything that is above is only somebody’s opinion.
And also probably that people who have to wait for a long time could be simply victims of situation.

Dec31-2014

Apr 26, 2015
Check ecas tonight and found the new lines! Thanks for everybody providing information on this site, it really helps!

My timeline:
AOR: 12/31/2014
In process: 02/23/2015
Transferred to missisauga: 02/25/2015 (this information disappeared later and never come back)
Test: Aug 11/2015 at Scarborough
DM: Aug 14/2015
Oath: Oct 19 (letter sent on Sep 29, not received yet)

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Congratulations Bluemango!
Your oath appointment came fast. Our Oath letter came 2 months after test. What's your oath time? Ours is 8:30am.

We have to leave home before 6.45am because of traffic on 401.
Another option is to avoid highway because I don't want to get stuck in traffic particularly 401.

Alternatively, we may stay overnight in a hotel close to the venue. I don't want to stress my wife and children. I want them to have a stress free day.

Hi Shalom,

My oath is at 1:00pm. :)
Hope everything go smooth for all of us . Good Luck .

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shail14 said:
Hi,

bluemango, when did you had test and which location, was that location scarborough or mississauga?
Hi Shail,

Here is my timeline:

July 6th, did test at STC

July 9th ,received CIT 520 form for additional information for one of the missing stamps

July 30th, sent additional docunments to the office

August 13th, online status changed to DM

September 29th, received letter for oath, scehelued Oct 19th

Hope this helps and hope your coming soon ;)

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dec31-2014 said:
Check ecas tonight and found the new lines! Thanks for everybody providing information on this site, it really helps!

My timeline:
AOR: 12/31/2014
In process: 02/23/2015
Transferred to missisauga: 02/25/2015 (this information disappeared later and never come back)
Test: Aug 11/2015 at Scarborough
DM: Aug 14/2015
Oath: Oct 19 (letter sent on Sep 29, not received yet)

Congrats Dec31-2014 !!!

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stocktrader1407 said:
@ bluemango - Congrats. That was a quick turn around for you. You can vote then on the same day :)
Thank you stocktrader. Definitely will go to vote on Oct 19th ;D

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
bluemango said:
Hi Shalom,

My oath is at 1:00pm. :)
Hope everything go smooth for all of us . Good Luck .
You're lucky to be in 1pm.
8.30am is too early. Anyway, I will take any time to get it done.
Hope to apply for our passports soon after that. One passport office is 5 minutes drive from my house.

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Hi,

Thanks Bluemango,

we're waiting for the Oath letter as my wife did her exam on 21 September,2015 at Scarborough location.

Applied and citizenship department received her application on -17 April,2015.

In-process--25 June,2105 Scarborough Location.

Exam-21 September,2015

Oath- still waiting

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Jun2014ctznshp said:
:) :) :) Got oath at Scarborough on 14 October. No update on ECAS though (doesn't matter)
Test was on 10 August at same location.
Hi,

i mean when did you send your application and when you had your DM status?

Thank you

shail14

Jul 4, 2015
Jun2014ctznshp said:
Sent 7 Jan from Brampton
AOR 2 MAR
In process 22 April
Test 10 Aug
DM 12 Aug
Pink letter 2 October
Oath 14 October
Hi,

Thanks for reply back and lots of Congratz......