+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhuang03 said:
Hi,

I took my test on Sept 22 and just checked today status changed to Decision Made.
Does it mean I won't need to hand in anything (basically do nothing) except for waiting?
Anyone received anything other than the oath letter after DM? Cuz I had RQ before test, so I'm so worried about receiving anything else other than the oath letter...

Thanks!
You should be fine , just wait for the oath :)

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Ecas updated with oath ceremony date : October 19 at 8.30am.
Thank you all and best wishes to you.

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is interesting....ECAS updated for oath, but no date. Also did not receive any correspondence. ECAS said....oath letter sent on Sep 22, 2015, but there's no mention of oath date.

So I called CIC....they said...everything is good...letter dispatched. The date is Oct 24. Only noticed now that its a Saturday. Eh, is that normal? Anyone else got a Saturday?

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rg2012 said:
Mine is interesting....ECAS updated for oath, but no date. Also did not receive any correspondence. ECAS said....oath letter sent on Sep 22, 2015, but there's no mention of oath date.

So I called CIC....they said...everything is good...letter dispatched. The date is Oct 24. Only noticed now that its a Saturday. Eh, is that normal? Anyone else got a Saturday?
Could you please tell me when did you have your test?

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Ecas updated with oath ceremony date : October 19 at 8.30am.
Thank you all and best wishes to you.
Congrats to you friend. Can you share your timeline please?

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
IllaBee said:
Congrats to you friend. Can you share your timeline please?
Thank you.
See my timeline below.

sanu2014

Sep 30, 2015
Wow, I m glad I found a someone on the same boat. My ecase says the same. They have sent me a letter on 22nd Sep, didnt receive yet. Also, e case does not mention the oath date. I called them because I have to plan few trips. They told me, oath is on 24th Oct. Did test on 21st July.

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told that THERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!) From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won’t receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Absurd said:
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told that THERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!) From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won't receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...
Frustration in dealing with CIC, is just an under statement. CIC is the worst Federal Agency in this great country, where nobody know what's happening, forced candidates to wait for over 4 years & no progress. All they say "In process". when it could be simple process.

Despite hike in fee by 500%, promised to hire more officers, its service remained most sub-standard.

Strangely, its minister vouches CIC is the most best performing department opposite to opinions of thousands frustrated candidates.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
IllaBee said:
What office? Is it Surrey, BC?
Originally, it was Mississauga office but we did our test in Scarborough Centre and the oath ceremony is also scheduled to take place in Scarborough Centre. It seems Mississauga office had some issues (my opinion).

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom1 said:
Originally, it was Mississauga office but we did our test in Scarborough Centre and the oath ceremony is also scheduled to take place in Scarborough Centre. It seems Mississauga office had some issues (my opinion).

Congrats Shalom, I also got a letter today that the oath will be taken place at STC on October 19th. ;)

My case it took one month from DM to oath. Hope everyone getting yours soon. :)

SONIA KHAN

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CONGRATS EVERYONE WHO GOT THEIR OATH INVITATIONS.................. I WILL GET SOON MY PINK LETTER BECAUSE I DID MY TEST ON AUGUST 17... :(

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
bluemango said:
Congrats Shalom, I also got a letter today that the oath will be taken place at STC on October 19th. ;)

My case it took one month from DM to oath. Hope everyone getting yours soon. :)
Congratulations Bluemango!
Your oath appointment came fast. Our Oath letter came 2 months after test. What's your oath time? Ours is 8:30am.

We have to leave home before 6.45am because of traffic on 401.
Another option is to avoid highway because I don't want to get stuck in traffic particularly 401.

Alternatively, we may stay overnight in a hotel close to the venue. I don't want to stress my wife and children. I want them to have a stress free day.