+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
Hello all,

I send my application on Dec. 20th. It was received on Dec 25th and did my interview in Scarborough (in place of a test as I am over 55) on July 3rd. I have since heard absolutely nothing about an oath and I am very worried that my application may have been lost or otherwise delayed. Can anyone let me know if they are in the same boat and what we should do about it? I have called CIC multiple times; the agents are curt and very very impatient and refuse to check my status to explain anything to me. I am lost, worried and quite frustrated. I'd appreciate any guidance from the community.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Hello all,

I send my application on Dec. 20th. It was received on Dec 25th and did my interview in Scarborough (in place of a test as I am over 55) on July 3rd. I have since heard absolutely nothing about an oath and I am very worried that my application may have been lost or otherwise delayed. Can anyone let me know if they are in the same boat and what we should do about it? I have called CIC multiple times; the agents are curt and very very impatient and refuse to check my status to explain anything to me. I am lost, worried and quite frustrated. I'd appreciate any guidance from the community.
Did you check online to see if your file is decision made. if it is, there is nothing you can do just wait, as one of the members of the forum once said, it is a waiting game!

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
shaazdeh said:
Did you check online to see if your file is decision made. if it is, there is nothing you can do just wait, as one of the members of the forum once said, it is a waiting game!
I did. The status still says "In Process" which is worrying me even more but even that is not prompting the officers at the CIC to give me any other information.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
I did. The status still says "In Process" which is worrying me even more but even that is not prompting the officers at the CIC to give me any other information.
I know they would take an action 6 months after test.

Did the officer told you how long you should expect your oath? did you have a trip to the USA?

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
shaazdeh said:
I know they would take an action 6 months after test.

Did the officer told you how long you should expect your oath? did you have a trip to the USA?
Thank you Shaazdeh for your responses!
The officer told me I have to wait at least till January for them to be able to even check my application! And yes! I have had many trips -- short and long -- to the US. Would that matter? I have recorded and reported all of the dates of the travel though and they correspond completely to the stamps in my passport.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Thank you Shaazdeh for your responses!
The officer told me I have to wait at least till January for them to be able to even check my application! And yes! I have had many trips -- short and long -- to the US. Would that matter? I have recorded and reported all of the dates of the travel though and they correspond completely to the stamps in my passport.
I know some people they got RQ after test/ interview because they didnt have US border report but I don't think that would be your case cause you would have gotten it by now. If they told you to wait till January, then there is nothing to worry about. I know the wait is so annoying but I think you will hear something before Jan and if not, at that time your 6 months have completed and you can ask call center to follow up.

nuna

Jul 22, 2015
shaazdeh said:
I know some people they got RQ after test/ interview because they didnt have US border report but I don't think that would be your case cause you would have gotten it by now. If they told you to wait till January, then there is nothing to worry about. I know the wait is so annoying but I think you will hear something before Jan and if not, at that time your 6 months have completed and you can ask call center to follow up.
Thanks again Shaazdeh! The possibility of RQ makes me worried too because that would mean another few months before I have the oath and passport! I hope you're right and I won't get one. I don't know why I would need one either; I have accounted for every day of my absence or presence in Canada in the past few years. I have documents and stamps and plane tickets to show for it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that I hear from them or at least from others in the community who have similar timelines.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuna said:
Thanks again Shaazdeh! The possibility of RQ makes me worried too because that would mean another few months before I have the oath and passport! I hope you're right and I won't get one. I don't know why I would need one either; I have accounted for every day of my absence or presence in Canada in the past few years. I have documents and stamps and plane tickets to show for it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that I hear from them or at least from others in the community who have similar timelines.
I doubt you get a RQ. What I learn with this process, we over-think a lot. Relax and the final day will come :)

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aramis77 said:
Anyone is still waiting for oath from March/April test which is now more then 6 months?
My Wife took and passed on April 7th and no oath yet. Status changed to Decision Made on Aug 28.

ENC

May 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello peeps..

Anyone who took the test on 2nd Sept at Scarborough and still waiting?
Ecas changed to Decision Made on 26th Sept. How long do I expect to receive the oath letter?
Anyone care to share?

Thanks,