+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All march test takers (including me), note that those getting the oath invites applied in the middle of last year. We, who are still waiting, are mostly from last quarter of 2014.

Harnit

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
harnit2010 said:
You received the oath invite just a day before? :eek:
lol no, I got the letter Aug 8th. Took my oath this morning, I'm finally Canadian.

Best of luck everyone!

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I started loosing the hope :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. Almost 2 months 'DM' and no letter. I applied to ATIP. Hopefully I understand what is going on!!!

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Don't fret, Nov. If you go by the March/April test takers' timeline, you should be getting your oath by early November. Maybe November 6 ;)

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Nov 06 said:
I started loosing the hope :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:. Almost 2 months 'DM' and no letter. I applied to ATIP. Hopefully I understand what is going on!!!
Same here. I can understand your frustration. Do let us know if you get any info from ATIP?

Good Luck

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pegasusyt said:
Don't fret, Nov. If you go by the March/April test takers' timeline, you should be getting your oath by early November. Maybe November 6 ;)
You made my day buddy. Nov 06!!!!!…. Look, I’m going to change my nickname here to Aug 20 hoping to receive the letter tomorrow… how does that sound???
My friend, I know that the process has nothing to do with dates of test or AOR etc. Many of March test takers applied after me. Many others had the test by June and they are already citizens.
By the way, you applied after me and you are already citizen ( Big Congrats)… but this is very unfair…. It should always be first come first served policy. I don’t think any would mind ( including me) if someone applied before you gets his citizenship first. That is what I call ‘ Fair Process’

I don’t think it makes any sense to stay DM for 5 months. I will wait and see….

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I just called call center and every time they have different answer for the same question. When I asked that its been close to 6 months since I wrote my test. He said we can only take action if 6 months passed. So now I have to wait for another damn 20 days. I am sick of this and frustrated.

I know when I will call after 6 months they will say wait for 2 years . Very good.

When I asked how I can communicate with CIC to know whats going on he said you can write a formal letter to your local office. Any body here did that before?

Btw I am not very positive on anything going to happen in next 20 days.

My wife status is DM for last 2 months no change in that also. Bad Luck every where.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
malu08 said:
I just called call center and every time they have different answer for the same question. When I asked that its been close to 6 months since I wrote my test. He said we can only take action if 6 months passed. So now I have to wait for another damn 20 days. I am sick of this and frustrated.

I know when I will call after 6 months they will say wait for 2 years . Very good.

When I asked how I can communicate with CIC to know whats going on he said you can write a formal letter to your local office. Any body here did that before?

Btw I am not very positive on anything going to happen in next 20 days.

My wife status is DM for last 2 months no change in that also. Bad Luck every where.
I suggest to send ATIP Request, rather then calling call center again and again.

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
You made my day buddy. Nov 06!!!!!.... Look, I'm going to change my nickname here to Aug 20 hoping to receive the letter tomorrow... how does that sound???
My friend, I know that the process has nothing to do with dates of test or AOR etc. Many of March test takers applied after me. Many others had the test by June and they are already citizens.
By the way, you applied after me and you are already citizen ( Big Congrats)... but this is very unfair.... It should always be first come first served policy. I don't think any would mind ( including me) if someone applied before you gets his citizenship first. That is what I call ‘ Fair Process'

I don't think it makes any sense to stay DM for 5 months. I will wait and see....
I am still here as well!

Application received: Oct. 23rd, 2014
Test: June 4th, 2015
DM: June 5th, 2015

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Don't loose hope , my analysis as per March/april , May/june should start getting by September/October.I am also under the same boat, DM since 19th june.I am not loosing hope, I know one day everyone will receive and that wait will be over and will forget one day. I keep checking my ecas atleast twice a day but everytime I knew that 4 lines will be there no 5th line but I am sure it will be there one day, one wants to move on , this is sometimes frustrating but exciting at the same time. checking ecas is now like checking lotto max.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msc22 said:
Don't loose hope , my analysis as per March/april , May/june should start getting by September/October.I am also under the same boat, DM since 19th june.I am not loosing hope, I know one day everyone will receive and that wait will be over and will forget one day. I keep checking my ecas atleast twice a day but everytime I knew that 4 lines will be there no 5th line but I am sure it will be there one day, one wants to move on , this is sometimes frustrating but exciting at the same time. checking ecas is now like checking lotto max.

Thanks for the support and encouraging words. I still don’t think that there is any sort of fun in this damn process. The worst part is to see that lots of other applicants who applied way after you have completed the process and you are crawling. No one should have any single problem if it is a fair process even if it takes a lot of time. When you know that other applicants from the same office have got their oath letter right after the DM and you are still hanging there. What does that mean?? Decision Made is a Decision Made. The process has completed and applicants should line up for oath.
This is a completely unfair process and CIC has to start taking serious measures to improve their processes.
Keep the hope buddy… one day we will get it for sure…. Enjoy the ‘ Decision Made’ and I hope once you have your oath, they don’t come up with another waiting time before they grant you the citizenship certificate….

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Thanks for the support and encouraging words. I still don't think that there is any sort of fun in this damn process. The worst part is to see that lots of other applicants who applied way after you have completed the process and you are crawling. No one should have any single problem if it is a fair process even if it takes a lot of time. When you know that other applicants from the same office have got their oath letter right after the DM and you are still hanging there. What does that mean?? Decision Made is a Decision Made. The process has completed and applicants should line up for oath.
This is a completely unfair process and CIC has to start taking serious measures to improve their processes.
Keep the hope buddy... one day we will get it for sure.... Enjoy the ‘ Decision Made' and I hope once you have your oath, they don't come up with another waiting time before they grant you the citizenship certificate....
Quite right. Waiting agony will end eventually one day. Unlucky March test takers.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015
Nov 06 said:
Thanks for the support and encouraging words. I still don't think that there is any sort of fun in this damn process. The worst part is to see that lots of other applicants who applied way after you have completed the process and you are crawling. No one should have any single problem if it is a fair process even if it takes a lot of time. When you know that other applicants from the same office have got their oath letter right after the DM and you are still hanging there. What does that mean?? Decision Made is a Decision Made. The process has completed and applicants should line up for oath.
Keep the hope buddy... one day we will get it for sure.... Enjoy the ‘ Decision Made' and I hope once you have your oath, they don't come up with another waiting time before they grant you the citizenship certificate....
Why don't you call CIC to book your oath ceremony?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strawberrylemonade said:
Why don't you call CIC to book your oath ceremony?
I’m not sure I understand your point. Do you usually call CIC and schedule your Oath ceremony???!!!!
You will be so lucky if they let you know the status of your application.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Nov 06 said:
Also please note that there are several applicants who applied before you and haven't received test invite yet! Life IS unfair and I guess it is better to accept the fact!! As you have mentioned, lets all be hopeful and wish each other good luck...