+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

freesia

Jun 1, 2015
harnit2010 said:
Hi,
What was your timeline? When did you apply?

Harnit
I mailed my documents in June,2014. But it returned to me later and I resended it out in December,2014. I didn't check my status until I get the test letter in March. Then I took my test on March 18th, the interview officer told the oath letter will come to me in one month :(

vinicici

Jan 27, 2012
maganagreenboys said:
stop complaining:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 1, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 15, 2014.
We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.

No test yet

office: scarborough
you are not the only one, did you request an ATIP?
this is my timeline

1 We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2014.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 18, 2014.
3 We started processing your application on January 12, 2015.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…… It is my day ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D …. I got the status update with the fifth line added. Oath Ceremony will be Sept 07… I can’t believe it…. Guys I wish all of you the best....

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Nov 06 said:
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...... It is my day ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .... I got the status update with the fifth line added. Oath Ceremony will be Sept 07... I can't believe it.... Guys I wish all of you the best....
Congrats

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nov 06 said:
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...... It is my day ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .... I got the status update with the fifth line added. Oath Ceremony will be Sept 07... I can't believe it.... Guys I wish all of you the best....
Awesome! Congrats! Finally!!

salman86

May 20, 2015
Hey Guys,

Finally the journey is coming to an end. Checked Ecas this morning, and this is what I saw:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 27, 2015.
We sent you a notice on April 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Wish you all the very best!

Thanks,
-S

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi Guys,

Me and my wife took test on 21st Aug Friday, Today my and my wife E case status changed to Decision made. Now what does that mean.?

Also I have applied for my 2 boys ages 8 and 5 but Ecase for them still says in process. We have applied as family all together.

Thanks for all the replies.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sid377 said:
Hi Guys,

Me and my wife took test on 21st Aug Friday, Today my and my wife E case status changed to Decision made. Now what does that mean.?

Also I have applied for my 2 boys ages 8 and 5 but Ecase for them still says in process. We have applied as family all together.

Thanks for all the replies.
For my little one, the status hasn't changed. It is still IN Process .. but the 5th oath line has just been added. So don't worry if their ecas is still in process...

regg4791

Jun 22, 2015
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to share something that I'm finding very concerning. My wife and I passed the citizenship exam on May 22nd (case processed in Scarborough) (no additional documents requested, no RQs and no fingerprints). No letter yet and no new updates on eCAS.

I have a friend who passed the exam on June 22nd (cased processed in Scarborough). He recently changed his home address and was concerned about receiving the letter so he was checking eCAS every day. This morning he checked and saw an update saying his (and his family) oath ceremony is tomorrow (August 25th) but he never received the invitation letter. He called CIC and informed that he hasn't received the letter but was told that he "doesn't need it". That he and his wife only need to provide some IDs because they're already booked for the ceremony. The funny thing is that his wife even received an RQ.

I don't what's your opinion on this but it seems to me there are some very concerning discrepancies and inconsistencies in this phase of the process. I called CIC and the agent simply said that my case is still within the "normal" time frame (six months) and suggested to call again if there are no updates by November. I really don't know what to make of all this.

A month ago I decided to simply forget about this nonsense and take the risk of taking my family for a summer vacation outside Canada and authorized a neighbor to check my mail and inform me if I needed to cut my vacation short. Thankfully that was not necessary but still this is a complete mess. I don't know if the CIC realizes the stress and anxiety this process is creating. My parents leave in the United States and they old and sick and I don't know when I would need to travel (knock on wood).

Tazree

Aug 17, 2015
salman86 said:
Hey Guys,

Finally the journey is coming to an end. Checked Ecas this morning, and this is what I saw:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 26, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 9, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 27, 2015.
We sent you a notice on April 17, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 4, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Wish you all the very best!

Thanks,
-S
Congrats...I got my status changed to DM today but no 5th line added. My 6 years old son's status is still in process. My husband's status changed to DM on the 1st week of July. Ours was the family application and my husband is the primary applicant. Hoping will get our oath invitation very soon.

Applied: June 2014
Test: March 7th, 2015
Oath: Waiting

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Hello Guys,

I have a test at Scarborough in next few days.

Could anyone help with the questions I might expect in the exam? There are multiple sites on Internet and I am not sure which one I should go for.

I believe many people have had their tests at the same location recently. I would appreciate the help from those people .

Thanks,

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
syedd said:
Hello Guys,

I have a test at Scarborough in next few days.

Could anyone help with the questions I might expect in the exam? There are multiple sites on Internet and I am not sure which one I should go for.

I believe many people have had their tests at the same location recently. I would appreciate the help from those people .

Thanks,
Hi syedd,

Before the exam the officer tells you specifically not to share exam questions, so previous test takers cannot share their questions with you. I have my own test scheduled on Sept 8th and after having read through various threads of members who gave the test and their advice on how to prepare the best option I believe is this which I will be doing as well.

1) Start by reading the Citizenship book at least once( I will read it twice) - Make sure to read everything even the picture messages.
2) Watch the citizenship video posted here which summarizes sections of the book you will learn :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA_kBhBkaMXLFteh-MC_Gaw

You want to read the Canadian Citizenship Exam Lecture series from chapter 1 - 10.

3) Following this you can take the practice tests located at :

a) http://citizenshipcounts.ca/ and
b) http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

4) Once you have come that far you should be more than comfortable with all the material you can read the book once more 2 days before the test.

Relax and go to the exam confident, that is my plan at least.