+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
samreentariq said:
I have taken the Oath and completed my journey. It has been a decade when I first came to Canadian as a young 19 year old student bright eyed with hope and now at 29 I am a citizen, best of luck to all I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for all.
Congratulations!! All the best for the future!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
yuomap1120 said:
How many minutes/hours it will take the ceremony?
The entire process takes between 2 - 3 hours max, try to reach the offices at least 1 hour in advance. Seen some applicants reached late
and pleading to be accommodated, its big hassles. Dont take a chance.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreentariq said:
I have taken the Oath and completed my journey. It has been a decade when I first came to Canadian as a young 19 year old student bright eyed with hope and now at 29 I am a citizen, best of luck to all I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for all.
Congratulations Samreentariq. Good soul, helping others in a positive way on this forum. Hats off.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
yuomap1120 said:
How many minutes/hours it will take the ceremony?
Canadiandesi2006 said:
The entire process takes between 2 - 3 hours max, try to reach the offices at least 1 hour in advance. Seen some applicants reached late
and pleading to be accommodated, its big hassles. Dont take a chance.
It took about 2 hours when my wife went to take the oath on Thursday at the Edmonton office. On the letter, they ask you to arrive an hour before the actual ceremony so they can check everyone in and seated on time to take the oath. Her time on the letter was 8:15AM, on CIC website the ceremony time was 9:15AM and sure enough it started at 9:15AM once everyone was checked in and seated.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Our ceremony in the Scarborough Office lasted 1 hour 10 minutes. Our letter had time set as 10:30, I reached 10:28 and people were still in line up, the ceremony started around 11:00.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I had my C'ship Oath at the Scarborough office on Monday, November 23, 2015. I was invited to show up at 10:30 am, while the ceremony was scheduled for 11 am. The whole ceremony was managed in an efficient way and it was really nice and moving.

Some observations/recommendations regarding the Scarborough office:

• It's not worth showing up more than a couple of minutes before your scheduled time as they won't start registering citizenship candidates before the stated time.
  • Listen to the instructions given by word of mouth shortly before the registration so that you have your forms filled out and ordered as advised.
  • They will allow you to take in one guest per application, individual or family, with you. If you have more guests, they will be let in if the seating capacity allows. I had two guests, out of which the second was given a seat as there were spare ones left once all the candidates and their guests were seated.
  • Cameras are allowed. Your guests can take pictures/make videos as long as they don't obstruct the ceremony.
  • After the ceremony, the judge will make himself/herself available to new citizens willing to take a picture with him/her.

NOTE: Please dress appropriately and for the occasion; business attire is expected. One of the candidates at my ceremony was dressed in a sweat shirt and sweat pants, which looked pathetic and disrespectful.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banrad said:
Hi Everyone,

I had my C'ship Oath at the Scarborough office on Monday, November 23, 2015. I was invited to show up at 10:30 am, while the ceremony was scheduled for 11 am. The whole ceremony was managed in an efficient way and it was really nice and moving.

Some observations/recommendations regarding the Scarborough office:

• It's not worth showing up more than a couple of minutes before your scheduled time as they won't start registering citizenship candidates before the stated time.
  • Listen to the instructions given by word of mouth shortly before the registration so that you have your forms filled out and ordered as advised.
  • They will allow you to take in one guest per application, individual or family, with you. If you have more guests, they will be let in if the seating capacity allows. I had two guests, out of which the second was given a seat as there were spare ones left once all the candidates and their guests were seated.
  • Cameras are allowed. Your guests can take pictures/make videos as long as they don't obstruct the ceremony.
  • After the ceremony, the judge will make himself/herself available to new citizens willing to take a picture with him/her.

NOTE: Please dress appropriately and for the occasion; business attire is expected. One of the candidates at my ceremony was dressed in a sweat shirt and sweat pants, which looked pathetic and disrespectful.
Thanks and congrats. My Oath is on the Dec 10th at 1pm. I was planning on being there an hour early. Is that too early?

Vishut

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC/New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-12-2015
File Transfer...
31 Dec 2015/IP on 9 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
Hi All,

Finally i have received the invitation to take OATH on December 10,2015 at 1 P.M. Hopefully all the people waiting for Oath receive it soon.

Cheers ! :)

Vishu

aramis77

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congr. ALL who got the oath. Good luck to you as a Canadian citizens. Thanks banrad for the important info. regarding the ceremony.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you need to drive/commute to Scarborough, it's definitely a good idea to arrive a bit ahead of time to allow for any possible delays caused by adverse traffic situations such as an accident, construction work, etc. I myself got to Scarborough about 40 minutes before the time stated on my invite, but checked in at the office only 10 minutes before the start time.

Don't rush to the office itself as they really won't start any document checks beforehand. Feel free to go for a coffee or window shopping in the shopping mall next door.
I know that for the test an officer will do document checks and a prelim interview before your scheduled test time if you arrive in advance, but that's not the case with the oath at all.

So I advise you arrive ahead of time but not go to the office earlier than 15 minutes before the stated time.

IllaBee said:
Thanks and congrats. My Oath is on the Dec 10th at 1pm. I was planning on being there an hour early. Is that too early?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Vishut said:
Hi All,

Finally i have received the invitation to take OATH on December 10,2015 at 1 P.M. Hopefully all the people waiting for Oath receive it soon.

Cheers ! :)

Vishu
Congrats

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
SFD said:
Scarborough is quite eh?

SFD
How about arranging a demonstration at the front of scarbourough office, asking them to shake faster their Tuches ? :D
Should we ?
Might it help ?