Scarborough office citizenship oath

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
WHAT IS THE TIME LINE....

WHEN YOU APPLIED AND HOW WAS YOUR INTERVIEW...
Here's my timeline:
Received March 5
In progress April 11
Received Line disappeared July 14.
Test invite: August 19
Test: 5 September

Interview was good and short. She asked me 3 questions: what I do, if I've been in trouble in the law and if I've travelled since I came to canada.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Received - July 22, 2013
Processing - Oct 9, 2013
Test - Sep 11, 2014
Oath - Sep 19, 2014

I was shocked to receive the pink letter today after the test. Test was easy (if you have read the book and done online tests). 20/20.

Interview was 10 mins. I had about 10 travel trips during the 4 year period before application. No questions on that. I also applied at exactly 1095 days.

Overall a very pleasant experience :).

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Congrats and this is a first time I have heard that they give the Oath letters on the same day of test. Great improvement.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
greencard15 said:
Congrats and this is a first time I have heard that they give the Oath letters on the same day of test. Great improvement.
Yes I was shocked. But we weren't the only ones who got our letters. I saw a few other applicants also receiving their pink letters. Overall very positive experience.

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Good to see some improvements over the process. I have a big question and appreciate thoughts of any members.

I applied for my citizenship in 2009 Dec but got a RQ during the test in 2011. Since then the process is on and only recently they mentioned that my application is approved (mid Aug 2014). However I have still not received the Oath letter. My application was processed by Scarborough office and then transferred to St Clair but now again back in Scarborough office.

I have applied for ATIP ( records from my file - privacy act) and awaiting for the same.

Any suggestions on the time frame to receive the letter for Oath ceremony

Will there be any other additional process after the file is approved?

janoo

May 16, 2014
congratulation to all who received oath... and patient for all who are

waiting .... am waiting since last 33 month.. my file shifted from Scarborough to

St.clair and no news since last 17 months... when I send RQ response....

danke1957

Sep 11, 2014
greencard15 said:
Good to see some improvements over the process. I have a big question and appreciate thoughts of any members.

I applied for my citizenship in 2009 Dec but got a RQ during the test in 2011. Since then the process is on and only recently they mentioned that my application is approved (mid Aug 2014). However I have still not received the Oath letter. My application was processed by Scarborough office and then transferred to St Clair but now again back in Scarborough office.

I have applied for ATIP ( records from my file - privacy act) and awaiting for the same.

To give you an idea - my file was transferred to Scarborough for oath over 2 months ago and so far nothing. I think they place priority on non-RQed applicants from their office first, and then treat own RQs followed by RQs from St. Clair.

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Many thanks; so trust your application was RQed and approved 2 months back. Did you need to meet with CJ? sorry for so many questions as I'm very anxious on my 5 year old application.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Expect your oath letter in 1 Month. I would say Call CIC and ask them if app is approved what are they doing with it?

Now probably they are running back ground checks etc. so that they can send you the invite.

greencard15 said:

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
THanks Vinay. Few years ago, I requested for ATIP records and received the same. It indicated that I have got my background checks etc cleared. Will they perform those checks once again?

regards,

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Security clearances expire after 6 months or so. in order to give you invite, they have to re-do it.

greencard15 said:
THanks Vinay. Few years ago, I requested for ATIP records and received the same. It indicated that I have got my background checks etc cleared. Will they perform those checks once again?

regards,

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for your guidance. It is going to be one month since the call center agent told me that the application is approved. Since then I would have called at least 6 times and all agents said that the application is approved and wait for oath ceremony letter but one agent said that there is no decision on the application. Can that agent be wrong?

danke1957

Sep 11, 2014
greencard15 said:
Thanks for your guidance. It is going to be one month since the call center agent told me that the application is approved. Since then I would have called at least 6 times and all agents said that the application is approved and wait for oath ceremony letter but one agent said that there is no decision on the application. Can that agent be wrong?
What you need to do is two things:

1. Request your GCMS printout via ATIP. This will give you a written confirmation and a peace of mind.
2. Call CIC and ask the agent to read to you verbatim the last 2-3 notes that are on your file. They should read something like:
#1 Application approved/transferred to Scarborough for oath scheduling
#2 Since you had an RQ the agent most likely will tell you that there is another note saying "CO reviewed. No concerns. Forwarding for approval via RQ Blitz Exercise".

This is a rough idea of what to expect. The key is to get the note verbatim so there is no misunderstanding.

As for the timeline - my application was transferred to Scarborough for oath scheduling two months ago and I am still waiting.

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks Danke, If the agent states the second point, then the application is yet to be approved or approved already ?

regards,

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
tstarks said:
Yes I was shocked. But we weren't the only ones who got our letters. I saw a few other applicants also receiving their pink letters. Overall very positive experience.
You got your oath letter on your test date at Scarborough office?