+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Congrats RQ2012. Celebrate, you waited a long time.

I am assuming your office was Scarborough all along, is that right? Also did you get a post test RQ or was a pre-test one?
Thanks a lot vinaypuri. No, my local office was always St. Clair, transferred to Scarborough for oath. It was a pre-test RQ.
Wishing you too an oath invite very soon.

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My road to Canadian citizenship is over - I am officially a citizen!

Quick facts about the ceremony I attended in Scarborough - 80 people taking the oath. Oath takers sit on one side of the room, their guests on the other side of the room. One guest per person is allowed in the room IF there are any empty seats more guests will be allowed inside. Ceremony can be followed outside of the room on a television screen (visual, I do not know about audio). The pink paper stated the ceremony would start at 2.30pm, it started a tad bit later as documents needed to be checked (you give your PR card to them/ they asked a lot of people about expired PR cards as well - so take them if you have them) and people needed to be seated. You will be seated by number, you can see the number assigned to you on the right side under your address on the pink oath letter. We were out just before 3.30PM, so a quick lovely ceremony. Very friendly atmosphere from the judge to the clerk to the other personnel present.

PS I never saw this mentioned on this board before (but I obviously do not read everything) You can register for a CAP = cultural access pass online after the ceremony (http://www.icc-icc.ca/en/) This is a pass that is valid for one year and gives you free access to a lot of places across Canada.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my oath yesterday, it hasn't yet sunk in that this journey is finally over A huge thank you to the multitude of amazing people that take the time to read and participate in this forum. Your guidance, patience and help is truly invaluable! I wish the best of luck to everyone on this journey, may you all reach your destination soon!

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
fairooz said:
Had my oath yesterday, it hasn't yet sunk in that this journey is finally over A huge thank you to the multitude of amazing people that take the time to read and participate in this forum. Your guidance, patience and help is truly invaluable! I wish the best of luck to everyone on this journey, may you all reach your destination soon!

wow your application was very fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! impressive…..
the RQ is what makes the delay !

congrats anyway !!!!!!!

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Congrats Fairoz,

great timeline. How was the oath ceremony? Did they ask for any documents other than IDs and PR card?

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vinaypuri and all:

Today, my MP's secretary called CIC and told me that Oath will be scheduled from 2-4 months. My application approved on August 07, 2014. So, 2-4 months will be from August 07, 2014 or from October 06, 2014?

shakeel7 said:
Thanks Janoo. I think, Oath will be in next 1-2 month. Thank you every person on this forum to help and encourage me in this difficult time.

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BIG Congratulations......... :)

fairooz said:

janoo

May 16, 2014
As long your application is granted it will be matter of days only.. 60-90 days

are now not important as long you have information and need to relex... you have

gone through long journey... also prey for me as am waiting since last 33 month..

shakeel7

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be positive, you will get also oath sonner or later. Right now, we don't have Canadian passport that's why we are frustrated. When we will have that, we will be relaxed and will keep in safe locker for long time. :) :p :eek:

janoo said:
As long your application is granted it will be matter of days only.. 60-90 days

are now not important as long you have information and need to relex... you have

gone through long journey... also prey for me as am waiting since last 33 month..

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
fairooz said:
Congrats fairooz

greencard15

Jun 10, 2013
Dear all

Finally my almost five year journey towards Canadian citizenship is over now with me taking the Oath yesterday. This is a great forum and a big thanks for the inputs from everyone. Best wishes to those who are expecting their oath invitation.

:) :)